open letter to "d"p - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
newsflash hon-

"doing the laundry" involves more than putting all the clothes in the washer and the dryer. Doing 6 freakin loads of laundry and then leaving it all for me to fold and put away when we have 10 people coming over for dinner tonight is not "helping out". it would have been better to leave the dirty clothes in the hamper then to do 30 percent of the freakin work and leave the other 70% for me. and you actually expect big props and gold stars for "doing the laundry"?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 02:52 PM

:LOL I would rather put it in the washer and let someone else fold it myself. Folding is the worst part.

Oh I'll tag on my rant..do you mind?

When you make yourself a 4 course breakfast do you want to ask me if I'd like some?! I love how you go through the hassle and make single serve portions. Thanks so freakin much! Should I just make dinner for Sophie and I and assume that you won't want any? : : :
#3 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 03:09 PM

And when you are finished makeing the gourmet breakfast for yourself do you think you could take the pans off the stove and AT LEAST put them in the sink (I know asking you to wash them is WAY too much) Oh, and if you wouldn't mind, could you get your egg encrusted plate off the coffee table!!!!! :

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#4 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 03:17 PM

I know you are in the middle of helping our friend plan a surprise birthday party for his wife. I know that you have helped 3 other men with the details of the surprised parties for their wives and have even asked me to help. But would it hurt to buy me a damn card on MY birthday!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#5 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

i was hoping people would add on their rants. I'll add on some too:

when you go to starbucks on your way home, I'D like some freakin chai as well.

if you're gonna tell me at night, oh-don't worry about cleaning the kitchen from dinner, I'll do it in the morning-actually DO IT!!!!!! so I don't then, at like 5pm have to clean the kitchen so i can make dinner so i can clean the kitchen.

also-garbage night is the same two nights every freaking week. and "taking out the garbage" does not mean just taking the can to the curb. It means emptying the garbage from the kitchen and bathroom as well. It turns a 1 minute job into a two minute job, so i realize it is asking alot.
#6 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 03:30 PM

oh oh oh this is just what i needed :

Sweetheart, baby, I love you and all but i am *sick*. You are tired from a late night of poker. On your day off you need to get your be-hind off the couch and help your sick wife. I washed dishes, did laundry and dealt with 2 sick kids AND made dinner because you didn't waaaannnt to order in. What did you do??? laid on the floor whining you were getting my cold.

Oh the words I want to say. and another...

The next time you make a stupid comment like "i just wanted you on you hands and knees" when i am doing you a favour by finding your dang blue contact in a green mat I will drop you where you stand. Remember I am sick??? it took all my self control not to crush your dang $150 contact!!!!

Oh and sweetie? My idea of fun is going shopping ALONE. Not dragging you (mr. complains-a-lot), DD (Ms. Throw-body-outta-sling-at-everything) and DS (Mr. No no no no NOOOOOOOO). I may as well just stay home and shop online. Would it kill you to take care of the kids for a few hours??

I think I may be back.....
#7 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 03:36 PM

LOL! I get the same laundry comment, and nicely told him he could do his own. I don't fold his laundry as he just throws it into a hamper, so why bother?

If I make dinner in the crock pot, I hear "how hard is *that*!! I work all day, you just watch kids!" Yet when I ask him to "watch" them, then it's considered "work".

Sometimes I can't win, LOL.
#8 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

and yet more:

my expensive, pretty, scented candles are NOT f*cking ashtrays for your pot, you lazy pothead. get a plate to dump your ashes in. i have only nicely and with humor asked you to do this about a thousand times. and yet i just now spent time dumping out dirty weed ashes from my beautiful cilantro-basil candles. I also especially like it when you use matches and then the matches get stuck in the wax.
#9 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama ganoush
and yet more:

my expensive, pretty, scented candles are NOT f*cking ashtrays for your pot, you lazy pothead. get a plate to dump your ashes in. i have only nicely and with humor asked you to do this about a thousand times. and yet i just now spent time dumping out dirty weed ashes from my beautiful cilantro-basil candles. I also especially like it when you use matches and then the matches get stuck in the wax.
ROFL

Hey hon. I know your sacred fire community is so important to you spiritually. But before you go build one more elaborate fire pit or erect one more teepee, could you hook up our new dryer that has been sitting in the garage since June?

TYVM, your wife.
#10 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, god, I hear you ladies

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#11 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:17 PM

When I tell you that I have major deadlines coming up and really need to get some work done at home or I will lose the contract, can you please take care of the bath duty and not say that it's my turn then turn on the game console to save the world from alien slime as I did whenever you had a deadline while I helped you go through school the last two years?
#12 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:19 PM

Honey, I knwo that all I do is stay home with 2 kids and take care of the house and the cats. But I am NOT your secretary! Don't leave me a list of ppl to call and give them messages for you. I also do NOT have the time to drop everything at a moments notice to do whatever you need me to do because you didn't get up and do it last night before bed. I am also tired of sending out email for you to ppl I don't about things I know nothing about because you don't want to do it. I'm NOT your live-in secretary!

#13 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:21 PM

I have changed 8 stinky diapers today. Do not make pukey faces when you smell one and then ask me to change it cause its too gross!!!

#14 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

also-feel free to give your kid a bath at any time. You don't need to have an order from me to do it. you know, look at your kid. Is she dirty? then, give her a bath.
#15 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:26 PM

When you eat the last of something I expect you to throw the package away.

When you discover that the milk is sour, don't put it back in the fridge for me to dispose of. I don't drink it, ds does not drink it, I only get it for you.

Why is it that the only things that you do put in the trash are the packages I have set aside to cut the UPC from?
#16 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:36 PM

and could you please not try to be the very last one to leave work in the whole building especially on the days when both the kids are sick...
#17 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:49 PM

And ya know what else every nite dd needs to brush her teeth and potty before bed...do I have to ask you ever time to do it? don't you just know it has to be done and not just if I ask?
#18 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama ganoush
newsflash hon-

"doing the laundry" involves more than putting all the clothes in the washer and the dryer. Doing 6 freakin loads of laundry and then leaving it all for me to fold and put away when we have 10 people coming over for dinner tonight is not "helping out". it would have been better to leave the dirty clothes in the hamper then to do 30 percent of the freakin work and leave the other 70% for me. and you actually expect big props and gold stars for "doing the laundry"?

OMG!!! We have the same dh!!!! When does he have time to live at both homes? What is it with men?

Seriously, my dh will do up to 6 loads even though their are at least 2 loads waiting to be folded. He will fix an amazing meal but use every dish in the house then leave it all for me to clean up (how does this lighten my load? when I cook, I clean as I go). He does the tasks he likes and leaves the rest for me to do.
#19 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:02 PM

Oh, my turn! My dh is great but I have a couple MAJOR problems.

...So I support you in your career and all. But it was so frikkin' thoughtful of you to decide to go back to school AFTER I got pregnant again. Great timing sweetie. I thanks for only taking 3 days off work after my cesarean.

And I realize we outgrew our little house and needed a bigger one. I'm so glad you found us a bigger one - that needs every frikkin room remodeled and is still not finished after a year. Yeah, great timing on everything honey.

And NO I'm NOT in the mood!!!!!!!

hang.gif  

#20 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:05 PM

Spending family time does NOT mean I'm volunteering to do everything while you sit on your behind watching the movies I picked out. Nor does it mean that you go for seconds of the dinner I cooked before I get a chance to taste my food. Also, complaining that I never take the trash out as you are trying to cram "just one more thing" into the overflowing container doesn't count as "taking the trash out."

No, it's not fun to try to cook with a 2 year old hanging off my legs. Yes, asking you to get DS a drink does mean, "right this second" not "in a little bit when I get around to it" or "at the next commercial".

Do you really wonder why I'd rather spend my spare time volunteering at the food pantry?

<<<Thanks, I really needed this today.>>>
#21 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:07 PM

Please stop saying "we are sleep deprived" when you have to get up 30 minutes early if ds #1 gets up and I nurse 5 times a night. Especially when you fall asleep on the couch every night at 8 and I haven't slept through the night in 3 years.

Also- moving the piles of junk to places that I can't find them is not cleaning... it is hiding!!!

Maureen
#22 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:09 PM

Ok, Another one....
My bending over to pick up *your* stuff off the floor is not an invitation to comment on the state of my behind. That's not ever going to get me in the mood. Try cleaning the kitchen for once.
#23 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:28 PM

Ok...one more.

Do I need to write stuff backwards on your forhead for you to remember?? You need to LOCK the door to the garage. DS can open doors (yes there are those dumb safety things on them....don't work) and he is QUICK (and quiet). Yet again I found him in the GARAGE. Contrary to popular belief I do not have eyes plastered all over this house.

Please stop complaining when I ask you to do things. I don't let DS whine, what the heck makes you think YOU are allowed to.

You pass the dryer coming in the house. Would it kill you to look in it, see if it is dry and then take it out? From your actions, obviously it would.

Spending the weekend with your parents is not relaxing. I just means I get to chase 2 kids in a non childproofed home while you ignore everyone (including your parents) and your mom criticises me on everything from breastfeeding to carseats.
#24 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:38 PM

Would it kill you to spend holidays with my family? DD's first Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter were with your family...5 hours each way, with a baby who hates to ride in the car. Visiting your family requires a horrendous trip (oh, wait, I forgot...you don't have to try to entertain her while she struggles to get out of her carseat, or nurse her while passing truckers gawk at your boobs), and then we sit around your parents house and watch tv (oh, wait, again...you watch tv while I try and keep dd out of the cleaning chemicals, the breakable stuff that's all over the house, and the dirt that's all over the floor.)

And when you come home from work and immediately leave again to go out with the guys, don't expect me to be happy...or to "give it up" later, as you so pleasantly phrase it.

And don't expect a pat on the back for changing a poopy diaper while I'm at the library (by myself for once, so I don't have to try to keep dd from eating all of the books). I do it a couple times a day. Congratulations...you're a dad!
#25 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:44 PM

whew, there are so many pots that hit close to home, thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.
#26 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PadmaMorgana
Sweetheart, baby, I love you and all but i am *sick*. You are tired from a late night of poker. On your day off you need to get your be-hind off the couch and help your sick wife. I washed dishes, did laundry and dealt with 2 sick kids AND made dinner because you didn't waaaannnt to order in. What did you do??? laid on the floor whining you were getting my cold.
Hope you're feeling better!

And in that vein...

Yes, hun, I know that if the kids are sick, and you go near them to get them dressed or wash their hands and they breathe on you, you could get sick. I realize this. It is one of the hazards of being a parent. No, I do not have some freakishly amazing super-human immune system that prevents me from becoming sick when the kids breathe on me. And if I get sick, I can't stay home from work. And when you take a family day off from work to look after the kids and the house when I'm sick, it doesn't mean sitting around on the couch with the kids looking at me, waiting for food, clean clothes, and clean children to magically appear.

Yes, I do appreciate it when you are awake. But when you've slept in and I've been dealing with the kids all morning, and I finally get a chance to come upstairs and wake you up without worrying about the kids destroying the house or each other, I'm not really interested in helping you wake up by rubbing your back. Turning over onto your stomach and giving me an imploring look is not cute right now.

Yes, I know you went to all the trouble to get that recipe from your mom. I know you loved how she made it. But I have never seen her make it, I have never even eaten it, and I don't really know what it is. I don't think I'm going to produce a perfect duplicate of Mommy's Cooking.

I know you don't like corn in things. But I do. And I'm cooking.

I really do appreciate that you sort your laundry into "re-wearable" and "needs to be washed," since it does cut down on the laundry that I have to do. But when you pile every available vertical surface in our bedroom with your "re-wearable" clothes because they are clean enough to wear again, but not clean enough to put back with the truly clean clothes, I would rather just wash it again so it can go away.

Yes, I know I have a jewelry box on our dresser. But dear, that's not what's taking up the room on it and cluttering it up. It's your re-wearables.

And hun, I do appreciate how you compliment me on how well I take care of everything. Words like "genius," "goddess," "amazing," and "don't know what I would do without you" are music to my ears. However, I am good at these things through trial and error, from doing, not by any natural gift. Believe me. Just because I can do it better doesn't mean you can't try.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#27 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 05:56 PM

Ooooh Ooooh Ooooh Me Too!!!!
Sweetie, last I checked, we eat dinner every night....so when I get stuck late in town and you're home sitting on the couch, please don't let me get home at 8:00, groan to say I better figure out something for dinner and hear you actually speak the words--"Oh wow, I didn't even think about dinner!"
#28 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 06:29 PM

((HUGS)) to you all!!
#29 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 06:46 PM

Me too, Me too!
Honey, I know that you are working hard to support our family but when this temporary out of town project stretches to more than 8 months and we only see you one week a month you are no longer a parent or a partner you are an absence. When you don't even send an anniversary e-card and you only call 3 times in three weeks crying about when I call you on it doesn't make me feel sorry for you. Oh, and when you turn down other job offers close to home because you "don't want to leave the team hanging" guess who you are leaving hanging? Finally.... My Mom has cancer...Cancer cancer cancer not a cold or a stomach bug or something, so some support might be nice!
#30 of 190 Old 11-12-2004, 06:50 PM

i wonder if i'm being too persnickity with this peeve... maybe you ladies could help me gain some perspective?

darling, sweetie, love of my life, would it be too much to ask you to please do your foul stinky evening dump in the downstairs bathroom instead of the one right off our bedroom where i get undressed and brush my teeth right after i nurse the baby to sleep? and if you absolutely cannot travel down 12 stairs to do your doody, then could you please use the nice grapefruit oil air spray i leave in there? or maybe open the window? or at the very least SHUT THE &@#* DOOR when you're done?

ah. well, that clears the air for me!

katje

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page