anyone else being a homemaker today? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Okay we are under a huge winter storm- snow snow snow and more snow- so DD and I made a huge batch of cookies- I am still cookin' them, and she decided to go upstairs and watch Care Bares, so I came up to bring her a cookie out of the oven and she was alseep on the futon! How cute.... I was going to make fudge, but I needed a few more things at the store and DP said I cant drive in this and he took the car to our office in town. We are in the middle of moving our office to be next to our parnter so we can be more productive. So our partners are 3 single guys who all work crazy because they- well- dont have a life So I am kinda the wife to all of them. So I sent DP with some fudge I made a few days ago and a ton of fresh cookies- Yep- ahhhh.... I know how to win them over!

My next project- I went out yesterday to the second hand store and got 6 wool sweaters, last night I made DD 2 covers and 1 set of leggings from 1 sweater I was so suprised and it was easy and fast! If anyone remebers or has seen me posting, we are totally out of covers and I have been so upset because we have zero money- But it cost me $3 for the sweaters and now I can make DD like 18 covers!! Well, I am going to make some for the new baby too- I am so jazzed!

I am a baking, sewing mama- I have never been a homemaker type before, but I am lovin' it

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm playing lazy today. I haven't made the bed, the bathroom really needs to be cleaned, and that's that. It'll wait.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#3 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 06:36 PM

I got the laundry atleast sorted today! That is an accomplishment! lol I hate laundry!

Now I need to get the rest of the host cleaned up. But for now, I'm being lazy! I'm today with a cold. Grrrr!

*Momma to a spunky 11 year old & diva 9 year old
*Proud wife of "The Rock"
#4 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mmmm fudge lol. Cool about the covers you were able to make. I love thrift stores for good finds like that.

We have been baking and present making/wrapping here. I did two batches of muffins (apple cinnamon, and cranberry) and candied orange peel yesterday. The house smelled soo good. The day before that we did cinnamon ornaments to personalize and hang on gifts for people. Today I have to actually clean before my dad and his wife show up lol.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#5 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 06:40 PM

I'm itchin' to get some cleaning done but my little guy is sick with a capital 'S' so I've spent an inordinate amount of time sitting on the couch with him. I am pleased to say that we made some beautiful borax crystal snowflakes before he needed some couch time and later I think we'll finish our snowman head garland (oh the wonders of the small paper plate--so festive, so merry!). Let's hope he'll nap later so I can get something done. In the meantime, who knew Fairly Oddparents was so funny!??!
#6 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 06:46 PM

#7 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Its 1pm and the day is just starting but i'll be playing suzie home maker today. Need to put away 5 loads of laundry, change and wash sheets, take dd to see santa, make bread, bake a cake for my dad, do the dishes (been piling up for 3 days) make 2 trips to storage and finally put away the groceries that have been sitting in the corner for 3 weeks (all canned/dried goods), burn a whole lot of CD's, and keep dd happy in the process. Days like this I wish I was rich, i'd hire 2 maids, a cook and a nanny so I can be ultra lazy and sleep all day, god knows I need it!

Seriously?
#8 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 07:25 PM

you make homes? wow!
#9 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 07:29 PM

Today I have washed 5 loads of laundry (one load left to go), changed sheets (ds threw up on his lastnight), bathed the kids, started the dishwasher, hand washed some dishes and swept and mopped the kitchen floor.

Later we'll be making bread, our own butter, some kind of cookie for Christmas and, of course, dinner

I love productive days!

Tomorrow is devoted to cleaning the rest of the house and getting laundry and diapers folded and put away.
#10 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 07:34 PM

Sounds like you have had a wonderful day!

Here in Norway it hasn`t stopped snowing for 18 hours.... But being the Viking I am, I took Noah out anyway!

He LOVES snow, and had a blast. It`s windy, cold and it`s snowing so bad you can`t see more than a few feet in front of you. But, it didn`t bother him one bit.

Now he is asleep for the night, and has been for over 2 hours.

I am sitting here alone, wishing I had one of your cookies...

*Single, attached Norwegian mama to my LoveBug, 2001*

#11 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 07:42 PM

DS ad I are both really sick and have no energy. I have watched so much television today that I think I am falling in love with Steve Burns.
Maybe I should go make vegetable soup. That would make me feel better, right?
#12 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I had a Productive Day too. By my standards anyway

I:

* vacuumed the kitchen and dining room
* mopped the kitchen and bathroom
* did dishes
* read to ds
* did a reading lesson from The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading with him
* picked up the living room

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
#13 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 08:13 PM

I uhm ..

got the dirty laundry out of the living room and into the hallway outside the washroom, does that count? :LOL
#14 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 08:25 PM

I stripped the bed, washed the mattress cover, put new sheets on the bed.

Cleaned out the junk drawer.

Cleaned out the T.V. hutch shelves.

Dusted the end table by the couch and rearranged the books there.

And that is it so far. My house still needs lots of work done, but after I get off here, I think I will go watch ROTK...again.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#15 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 09:27 PM

I uh, picked up like I do everyday.

We went to the library and I stopped at the coffee shop to buy ground espresso for the biscotti that's about to go into the oven (my first try - let's hope it turns out!!!).

I have to do the dishes and make a quiche, but I'm starving first so I may have to down some pita & hommus and I need some water as I'm feeling a tad bladder-infection-ey. (Ah the joys of pregnancy and alas, perhaps TMI).

I can't believe you folks who cook so much! I can hardly find the time to do what I've done - how do you do it? It takes me forever!

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#16 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 10:20 PM

I started last night....I left the boys home and hit Old Navy, Michael's and the grocery. Picked up some cute jams for ds for Christmas, got garland and a frame at Michael's and stocked my pantry back up at the grocery store. Got home, unloaded everything and tossed a ton of chicken breasts in the crock pots for tacos today. Got up this morning and made homemade waffles for breakfast. Got everyone out the door to go find a Christmas tree. Hit half a dozen places and found a good one. We put the tree up, got my way cool garland on the railing, ate the tacos and now we're waiting for my sil to come up so we can do the tree. Ds said, "we need to bake cookies too!" so once the tree is done I guess we'll be doing some baking Tomorrow I have a few more "alone" errands to run. Then the rest of the week I have all my baking to do, wrapping and ds and I want to make salt dough ornaments.

Busy busy busy and I LOVE it!
#17 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 10:35 PM

My DH and I went out to finish the rest of our Christmas shopping, and now I am motivated. Thanks busy mamas!

I am going to make a nice dinner and relax before I start on the housework. Things that need to be done: bathroom cleaned and scrubbed, laundry, wrap gifts, and pick up around the house.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#18 of 18 Old 12-18-2004, 11:07 PM

I cleaned out ds1's room, which was the family bedroom until ds2 came along and started waking ds1 at night. It was also used as a dumping ground/storage place so I had a big job ahead. I did a load of diapers and a load of laundry too, with much, much more laundry to be done tomorrow.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page