Goodbye MDC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-21-2004, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm signing off - for good this time. And I never reached 1000 posts I've been thinking about this for some time, and tonight I finally decided. MDC is just not a healthy place for me to be anymore. Night after night I read ugliness between people that I don't witness anywhere else in my life. I just get too upset every night reading nastiness between what no one seems to understand are human beings on the other end of the computers. I know it's been said before, but it didn't used to be like this here. MDC was once a warm, supportive community. There are still some wonderful supportive people here, but for almost a year now, it's been a very different place. Not a place I want to be anymore. When the shoes don't fit anymore, take them off.

Best wishes and goodbye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-21-2004, 01:44 AM

Padomi, c'mon. Don't do anything rash. You're a valuable member of this community and I know I've upset you tonight but there's no need to go to this extreme. And, I know there have been other conflicts around here lately (in other words, I know it's not All About Me) but these things seem cyclical.

Stick around. We can learn from each other.
#3 of 8 Old 12-21-2004, 01:52 AM

I agree, don't go. Please.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#4 of 8 Old 12-21-2004, 02:14 AM

padomi,
i don't know why you are upset, but i will miss reading your posts....i have always liked your signature line
#5 of 8 Old 12-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Banned

#6 of 8 Old 12-21-2004, 02:22 AM

I'm sorry, momma! But I understand how you are feeling!

*Momma to a spunky 11 year old & diva 9 year old
*Proud wife of "The Rock"
#7 of 8 Old 12-21-2004, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Padomi, I just have to say that I tell myself some of the same things you are saying almost every week. Sometimes I get pretty discouraged when it seems that we don't have any compassion for each other and people really love being sarcastic.

I've been pretty offended by the attitudes towards overweight people (posters assuming I would hate them because they are thin, posters using the term fat, lazy bum and so on) and I've seriously thought about leaving or at least taking a break. It isn't good for my self esteem to be posting here some days. But there can be a lot of support here and I figure I get something out of participating in MDC. I can decide what I want to get involved in and just leave all the rest behind.

FWIW, I actually thought that Chalupamom was being pretty polite, but then I've been around here long enough that some of the attitudes have rubbed off on me (for example, I would never use the term blessingway or admit my DD is immunized :LOL). I've been pretty offended at times, but usually I'm more offended on the threads where I never even post. I've written some long responses only to delete them. I hope you can find a way to stay here and make it work for you.
#8 of 8 Old 12-21-2004, 12:37 PM

This thread is being closed now. Goodbye threads are not permitted.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page