Forum Jump: 

Old 12-23-2005, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
missing my 4 Grandparents all in Heaven

missing my Father also in Heaven

and my DD, Mom & Best Friends in Phoenix

even tho my DD's almost 24YO, she's still my 1st baby & every Christmas without her is so very painful

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 07:35 PM

My2girls, are you Italian (Nonna & Nonno) ?
((((hugs)))

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka123
My2girls, are you Italian (Nonna & Nonno) ?
((((hugs)))

Yes...half. My mama is, my dad is German....my grandparents (her parents) are the ones I lost. I only had them, I never met or knew my dad's parents....they disowned him when he married my mama and had me sadly. Abused him too.

But My Nonna and Nonno were truly amazing. I miss them so badly sometimes and more when I look at my girls....I try to keep them alive for the girls to teach them but it's so hard to..........

Thanks mama.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:08 PM

I miss my grandmother (mothers side) who passed away. I really wish she could have met my ds.

I miss my ex boyfriend, Jim Olivier. I still believe we are soul mates.

I miss my friend Carol who lives in England. She is what pulled me through such hard times when I lived there. She now has a babe too and it would be so lovely if we could raise our boys together.

I miss my two babes who never got a chance to live.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:22 PM

I miss my cousin Krysten who was more like a sister to me. She died in a car accident (2-24-01). Almost 5 years later and I'll still never forget driving by the wreck on my way home and seeing her dead body draped with a white sheet. Even writing this is still hard for me.

I love you Krysten, I know you're still with me but I miss hugging you.

To all the mamas who are missing someone this holiday season

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 12-23-2005, 11:04 PM

For my Pop Pop.

He was a catholic priest. Which is very rare for them to have a prior family. He was 1 of 7 in the USA to be previously married. He was such an awesome human being. You'd think for a priest he'd be very biased. Not at all. He accepted the fact the both me and my older sister did not follow the catholic church, and both chose to not get married in a church. He still embraced us with open arms. He was also pro-choice.

As a priest his life was with his church. But every x-mas he chose to be with our family. He was such an amazing person and he fought parkinson's for 8 yrs. He passed away February 2003.

Ironically my sister conceived her 2nd child on his b-day. Less than 3 wks after he died. And I was battling infertility and finally became pregnant 4 mths after he died. My ds's middle name is after my Pop.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:04 PM

Strange that I read this thread, because today, I was just thinking of a friend who died of breast cancer this fall. I was feeling for her daughter who had her last day of school today, who was going to live her first Christmas without her mother. I miss you S. You didn't plan on leaving so soon. I wish I had a chance to say goodbye.

I also miss my grandmother who is in Spain. I know she misses us too, and that it is a lot worst for her than it is for us.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For Uncle Jim, who was lost December 5, 2001, at 50 years of age.
For my nephew Dominyk, who we lost April 2003, at 4 years of age.

Mooooom! to  guitar.gifDS (1/05) and whistling.gifDSS (11/05).  TTC fingersx.gifour "ours" after VR on 10/12.  

Old 12-23-2005, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also wish DH's brother, mother and father could be here with us. They live in Cyprus / Turkey. Someday we'll get to celebrate as a family.

Mooooom! to  guitar.gifDS (1/05) and whistling.gifDSS (11/05).  TTC fingersx.gifour "ours" after VR on 10/12.  

Old 12-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Banned

Bless all of you mamas who are dealing with losses. I've cried reading this thread........yet it has helped me too.

Let's all just enjoy the season, whatever we celebrate, and grab hold of our loved ones and just cherish every second and get that photo in our mind to stick.

Love to you all, and to all of our angels, and to those we can't be near due to distance.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:45 AM

To Aunt Mary who made her transition less than a month ago. May the angels carry you on to a better place. I will never forget your smile.

afro.jpg
Old 12-24-2005, 03:05 AM

ex-stasis, I forgot that you had lost your dad too. (We are both June DDC'ers who delivered in May.) Hugs to you. I love seeing my dad in my dd, but's it's still sad for me.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
Old 12-24-2005, 03:13 AM

I miss you Grandpa. We all think of you every day. Sometimes it's like you're still here. Sometimes Anthony makes your faces, and I miss you even more.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:43 AM

to my Mom:

I miss you each and every day and Christmas and birthdays are especially hard. I am so sorry I don't ever come to see you but I can't be at the cemetary. I get sick to my stomach. I know you're around and you watch over Cassidy and myself. I really do wish she had you around because you were my best friend and a wonderful Mom. I cherish the memories I have of you.

I love you and I miss you so much.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:49 AM

I Miss you Grandma and Granddaddy..
I miss you, love you, and still feel you around me.

I miss my wonderful friends and family scattered all around the globe...Peace and love to everyone...<3
Old 12-24-2005, 09:09 AM

Grandma...it's been almost 8 years, hard to believe it's been that long.
My MIL...6 years...wow!
My Grandpa...a year ago on the 17th.
My SIL and BIL...again, a year ago. What a bad time last year!
My niece...such a short time, and you never saw a Christmas here on Earth. You are missed most of all!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:49 PM

My grandfather. He passed away 2.5 years ago and the holidays just haven't been the same without him. He is very much loved and missed.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:54 PM

I miss my little bro. He took his own life Aug 3 2005. He was a really sweet kid, and just didn't get the help that he needed. I love him, miss him, and hope that wherever he is, he's found the peace that he never did in life.

Jens Lee Abrahamsen
Old 12-24-2005, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Sending you all much Love and Light.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:42 PM

thanks for this thread

I miss
my mother
my grandmothers
suzanne marie hill
my grandfathers
my daughter Zoe
Megan Perry
Ubu, Neesa, Skylar,Trudy

it is odd for me to have such a full heart this season, and still feel the space left by the losses. One loss, my friend Meg, died a few weeks ago in a bus crash in New Orleans. She was 26. She was an activist, a whole person, a beautiful woman, Love. Joy. Energy. Strength. I feel simultaneously blessed
and in pain.

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Old 12-24-2005, 03:20 PM

uhm Wow.. I typed a very very long post. and then I sat here and bawled my eyes out for about 20 minutes.. I rocked and sobbed..while my DS kept hugging me and saying I love you Mommy.. I kept kissing his face and telling him I loved him too... then I deleted my original post.. I had typed things I didn't even realize I felt... personal things..gosh I can barely even type this without welling up... I am much better now though..I thank you so much for pulling this old thread up..I needed to get it out and believe me I have.. I will just say I miss my Mom and my Nana and Pop pop and my Uncle Mike..I even miss my father..it is amazing how you can forgive when someone is gone forever.
Happy Holidays my friends..may we all spend this time with our loved ones and cherish them the whole year through..
Thank You again...

Love and Light always,
Jaime
Old 12-24-2005, 03:45 PM

Charmaty-Thank you for starting this thread. It's a nice reminder that Christmas is very painful for many of us who have lost loved ones or friends, or are just physically apart from those that are dear to us.

All I will say is that I miss my family of origin. I miss them all. I've lost a few to death, and a few to broken hearts. I really miss the support and I miss the "idea" of this family and what we could all mean to each other.

Thank you.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:12 PM

Mom--I miss you. I miss you so much. I would give almost anything if you could be here tomorrow to see your granddaughter's face on Christmas morning. I know that you are watching over us, but sometimes that's just not enough.

FIL--I miss you too. I know that you and my mother will be looking down on us tomorrow, but I dearly wish that you could be here with us in person. I found the best present for you this year. You would have loved it.

My mother died in 1999, and my FIL died two years before that. Neither one of them lived to see their first grandchild.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:18 PM

I miss all my family in texas dearly. I feel so blessed i was able to spend time with you two weeks ago for the holiday season. I miss you all but mostly i miss..

my sister, best friend and AP support TexasMatka. I feel so incredibly blessed to have you as my sister. It is awesome to have each other for support when no one else seems to "get it". I miss you and i wish i could be with you tomorrow. Together in ! I love you.

In heaven, taken from us by skin cancer, my FIL Bob. We miss you so very much. He died with tumors throughout his body and 13 in his brain. He past away last October. He is greatly missed and there is a hole in my heart from losing him.
Keep that skin protected. USE SUNSCREEN!!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

It is time to bring this thread up again.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:39 PM

To my grandparents oh how I miss you all so much. I'm sad I never knew you as an adult and was able to appreciate your wisdom even more. I'm also sad you never got to meet dd. You all would have loved her so much. Babish she's so much like you! We even named her after you!
I wish you were all here to share the upcoming special days with us. I know my parents miss you terribly and they would give almost anything to spend one more day with you.

Love,
E
Old 12-12-2006, 04:56 PM

I desperately miss my twin sister, her daughter and two little boys more than it seems my heart can bear. I miss my friends, especially my best friend of 35 yrs, my niece's father who has been my friend for over 20 years, and my dear friend of 25 yrs, Val. I miss our sweet dog. I miss my friend's from my daughter's home school group and her dance class (some of the mom's I had known for 4 yrs, our babies grew up together). I guess I mostly just miss our life as it was.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I miss my father who died last year. you are missed, Dad!
And I miss my friend's mother who died in October..very suddenly...someone I always spent christmas eve with.....you are missed, G!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 PM

my Mema who died two years ago. the holidays haven't been the same without her driving force behind them!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for this thread.

Gram, you have been gone almost 6 years, and I still don't get through a whole day without missing you terribly. The holidays are especially rough for all of us, because you were the Queen of the Holidays. Your soulful cooking, thoughtful gifts, and beloved traditions were such a huge part of Christmas for our family. We love you so very much.

User Tag List