Need Quick Reply/ Re: Carpet and Flooring installation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-31-2005, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got the entrance way to my first floor and the hallway on the second floor covered with flooring and my stairway carpeted. I specifically explained that my ds has asthma and I asked if there would be a big mess everywhere. The answer was no.

I came home and there was saw dust and debris in every room in my house. It's on my living room furniture and the area rug in my living room. It's all over our bedding, clothes, toys,...

Does anyone have experience with this? Is this normal? Especially since I enquired about debris?

I am leaving it in hopes that I can have someone come out here and check it out. My dh had to come home from work early and take all the kids to our friend's house, so I can start dealing with the mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-31-2005, 06:34 PM

What is the "debris"--do you know the source? Did they have to remove old materials or sand or what?

It doesn't seem surprising about the mess, although if you had known you could have sealed the doorways with plastic for the job. Maybe they didn't really know what you meant by "mess." Maybe to them it is not big deal.

However, it is a shame that they are not responding to your needs better. That really sucks. I hate dealing with renovation messes with children.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#3 of 6 Old 01-31-2005, 06:53 PM

was there carpeting there before? Most often dust and crud from a carpeting install actually comes from what was stuck in the carpet/pad from before .. not the installation itself.
#4 of 6 Old 01-31-2005, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

My dh pulled up all the carpeting before we moved in, so that's not it. So what the heck?
#5 of 6 Old 01-31-2005, 07:20 PM

Is it wood flooring that they installed? Did they cut the flooring with power saws *inside* the house?

We installed laminate flooring. Taking up the carpet and the lino (and the wood underlay) created a whackload of dust in the area (like on my coffee maker and the fruit and everything I left on the counter in the kitchen). But it was a thin layer.

DH set up the table saw in the garage with the door closed (it snowed during installation) and there is so much darn sawdust over every single thing in my garage. Yeck. Like a thick layer of sawdust on my freezer, bikes, stroller.

I would take pictures and call the company and tell them you are very unhappy with the way your house is left and when are they coming back to clean up their debris and the sawdust. Or shall they just reimburse you for merry maids to come in?

#6 of 6 Old 01-31-2005, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

I told them very nicely that I'll take pictures so that the owner can see the mess they left behind. Must get back to cleaning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page