Need positive thoughts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2005, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My parents and my in-laws got together and rented a house in Florida, just off Disney property, because our two older children have never been to Disney and no trip would be planned for the near future, given 1. our financial position, 2. our youngest child's severe multiple food allergies, and 3. our misguided belief that a happy childhood is not dependent on Disney. The parents are paying for everything; dh, ds2 and I were planning on just hanging out at the house.

All the grandparents have been looking forward to this for months; we're leaving Saturday morning.

My mother-in-law called tonight. My father-in-law is in the hospital, in severe pain from a huge kidney stone and some other blockage as yet unidentified and they're planning on doing surgery tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. So, barring some miracle, this trip is out for them. My father-in-law is crushed. I love my in-laws; we have our different ideas about parenting, among other things, but they are good people and they love my children so much. This trip was very important to them. My mother-in-law said she had never seen a man cry so much (and my father-in-law does not cry) and the idea that he is hurting so much really tears at me.

Please send positive, healing thoughts this way. He needs that energy right now.

Thank you.

Missy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2005, 05:27 AM

Oh no!!!

He is in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 03-18-2005, 05:28 AM

Oh Missy, I am sorry to hear about your FIL.
I am sending all the loving, healing vibes I have to him and your family tonight! Know that you are in my thought and I really hope that FIL gets better soon.

Hugs mama!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:25 AM

Your ILs must be so disappointed! Any guess from the docs on FIL's recovery schedule? Are your family and your parents still going or is the trip off? Could your ILs meet you there after a few days? Is it possible to reschedule the rental house for a later date?
My dh has had K stones (didn't get to the surgery stage). They were very painful. Hopefully your FIL's surgery goes well and he is back up and around soon.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 AM

I'm so sorry, sending positive thoughts.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 03-18-2005, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone!

Kirsten--we're still going; I guess there's a huge penalty for cancelling at this point. We're hoping that maybe they could fly down in a few days, but I guess it all depends on the surgery and whatever that other blockage is. My FIL has had kidney stones several times, and they were painful but nothing like this and they always passed within a couple days.

The kids are making cards and pictures now to decorate his room and we'll be down there when he's having the surgery.

Thanks again!
Missy

User Tag List