Land's End CHildrens CLothing... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2005, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never ordered from them before. The prices seem very reasonable. IS the quality good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 01:54 PM

Land's End is, in my opinion, extremely well-made and lasts FOREVER. They're clothes that are made to take a beating. I wear a lot of Land's End, myself, because they have classic styles that, like I said, still look good after a ton of wash and wear.

I've never bought children's clothes from them, but I imagine it's the same with the kid's stuff.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 03-20-2005, 01:57 PM

Land's End is great and they have a 100% guarantee--you can return anything at any time for any reason and get a refund or exchange. Whenever I see Land's End stuff at the thrift shop I snap it up. The clothes are really well made and easily last through more than one kid. They're also sized with room to grow, which is nice.

peace, Beth
Old 03-20-2005, 03:34 PM

We were big Land's End shoppers until they got bought out by Sears. Now you have to pay shipping AND tax! There are some Land End clothes in Sears stores but not much of a selection.

The only problem we have had with their clothes (from over 10 years of buying from the catalog) was some darker colors fading. Their kids clothes are awesome though! Nothing hurts or stains them it seems!

Oh, and shop their overstocks for some great deals!

Happy shopping!
Old 03-20-2005, 03:44 PM

My kids basically wear 2 brands- LE and Hanna. LE clothing is well-made, great materials and the styles are classic and kid-friendly (you won't see clothes that try to make little girls look like strippers, etc). And I love their guarantee-return anything, anytime, no questions. The retail prices aren't bad, and the Overstocks section on their website has insanely good prices.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 03-20-2005, 05:33 PM

Another for LE.

I wish Sear's would carry smaller sizes, though (toddler sizes, shoes under a 9, etc...).

Old 03-20-2005, 05:38 PM

We love Lands End!!!!!!!! I have buying from them or receiving gifts that are Lands End for 15 years.

I have found the darker colors hold up very well. I also buy my dd Lands End I have shoes too and like those. I also have a heavy winter coat that was well worth the money, reversible and all.

I love their quality you can wash and wear and wash and wear again and again.

I thought I read recently thought that Sears was trying to sell of that "division" as they have not done well in the Sears store. Well duh!!! Sears only carries a fraction of the items! When I want something I always seem to have to order, the store doesn't have it.
Just my 2 cents.

:energ y
Old 03-20-2005, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
I thought I read recently thought that Sears was trying to sell of that "division" as they have not done well in the Sears store. Well duh!!! Sears only carries a fraction of the items! When I want something I always seem to have to order, the store doesn't have it.
Just my 2 cents.
I think it would have done much better if they'd set up a Land's End shop within Sears, kept all of the LE stuff together...a couple of 4 ways mixed in with all of the other stuff just doesn't cut it!

I think the quality is great!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:44 PM

We love LE clothing, too. My big disappointment is they stopped making most of the dresses beyond size 8. Ellie loves the dresses, but is now in size 10 or 12.

Other than that, she lives in their leggings and we like their fleece jackets.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 03-20-2005, 06:51 PM

I don't think LE quality is as good as it was 7-10 years ago. The fabrics seem less substantial. I find that dresses I bought for my older dd, expecting them to last for my other dd, aren't always holding up the way I thought they would. They sometimes get holes--not on the seams, in the fabric itself. My younger dd probably will end up wearing the dresses, but more for play, not for church or school.

All that said, I still buy quite a bit from them because the prices are pretty good (especially the overstocks!), and the styles are on the conservative side. I detest most of the clothes I see for little girls when I am out shopping in regular stores (Target, Children's Place, etc.). The styles are waaaay too grown-up looking, IMO.

In a nutshell: I'd still buy from LE, but don't necessarily expect the clothes to hold up for more than one child.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:55 PM

The LE in Sears concept has been so mangled...some stores carry very little, some have a lot, some it is impossible to find. Like mine has plenty of toddler stuff. A store near family in DE has nothing! No wonder it has been struggling. I think I have seen a pattern of 2 lines...cheaper and more $ lines. So the quality is not quite what I expect on the cheaper line, but the price is good...esp on clearance at the Sears stores. And the $$ line is in the catalog only. Or that's the way it was a few seasons ago.

User Tag List