How do I meet a new guy friend? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2005, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Right now my best friend lives in New York and I really need to meet some new people. Guys have always been my best friends. Let me make it clear that I am happily married and am not looking to have an affair. But with three kids under the age of seven and working parttime at a pre-school it is hard to meet guys! I have many women friends whom I treasure, but I miss having a guy friend.

I looked at some of those online dating websites, but they are all for romantic relationships which I am not interested in. Are there websites for people to meet each other who are interested in friendship and common interests as opposed to dating?

Looking forward to hearing some ideas.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2005, 02:04 AM

I understand what you mean about liking to have guy friends. I am the same way. I find it hard to find guys who are interested in a platonic friendship with a woman who is married with a child....but...I have always found that doing things I like bring me to meet people.

Do you have any hobbies that men are likely to be interested in also? A sports activity? A communtiy project?

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
Old 04-02-2005, 02:21 AM

I know what you mean! One of my best friends of all time is a guy. But he lived in Philly and I don't any longer. He is gay so we never had any of that weirdness of "is this always going to be just friends" I miss him so much!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

User Tag List