Refurbished Dyson - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone bought one? We really want a Dyson but they are so $$$. The vac we have now doesn't clean well at all and with 2 dogs we need something to get the hair up! I was hoping someone has bought one of these or has mosr info.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 01:31 PM

:

Ummm, where are you getting the refurb from?

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#3 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 01:52 PM

FWIW the only people I know with a Dyson hate it.

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
#4 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love my Dyson with all my heart. It's wonderful. I usually have this long gushy post on how much I love it, but I'm short on time today. I love it!
#5 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 02:22 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dyson! I could NOT live with out it!
#6 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 02:26 PM

My DH really wanted a dyson, but I read some negative reviews about it. Instead we got the hoover savvy, which was rated as the best vacuum cleaner by good housekeeping. So far we have been very happy with it, you can use it WITH a bag or without a bag, it is up to you. It was right around $250, which is still a lot cheaper than the dysons. Anyway, don't know if you were looking for suggestions, but just wanted to let you know, that is what we got (we've had it for about 5 mo), and are happy with it (and we do have a dog, although her hair is pretty short compared to most dogs).
#7 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
love our refurbished dyson!!! it was about 250 on ebay, a yellow upright.
#8 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 03:03 PM

I adore my Miele. We have lots of hair here and it works great. 3 adult sized people, 3 of whom have long hair, a long haired dog and 5 indoor cats.
#9 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
We just got a dyson. I adore it. I can vaccuum now without sneezing...and it picks up the cat hair great. We did get the pet model. DH loves it too - he actually vacuums now.
:LOL

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#10 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 04:02 PM

I bought a referbished Dyson from http://ekitchengadgets.com/dyson.html It was $280, and that was w/ shipping and everything. I love it. So much!! I got the yellow one, the all floors. A love that I can vacuum the kitchen floors w/ it too. The wand is a little hard to get used to though, it's clumsy at first. That's the only negative about it.
#11 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Banned

I would never buy anything refurbished off the internet. Maybe from a local shop where I could try it out and take it back easily if there were problems. That being said, I wanted a new vacuum recently and could not afford a dyson. We have a hairy dog, two cats, and three people, all of whom track in all the tree litter that lands in our yard from the forest we live in. We needed a good vacuum. I went with the consumer reports best bet, the Hoover Windtunnel canister. I love it. It picks up so much dirt. I vacuum every other day and I feel our allergies are better. I clean the couch weekly and am amazed at how much it picks up. The canister has to be emptied after every room is vacuumed and the filter cleaned each day. I just soak it in water and it comes very clean. I have two filters because it takes a few days for them to dry. It is a bit of a process but it was only $240, much cheaper than a dyson and the house is very clean. I got the canister because it can easily clean under beds or I can use the attachment on the blinds.

I got it from this website. No tax, no shipping, cheapest price I could find.

http://www.allergybegone.com/hepvacclean.html
#12 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 04:48 PM

Our refurb. Dyson came w/ a 6 mo. warranty and we've had no problems w/ it. I figured if it was going to have problems they would probably be evident right away - like it woudln't even work right out of the box or something like that. I've read that you're actually better off buying refurb. items because they've all been tested to ensure they work vs. non-refurb. which may or may not have been tested.
#13 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 04:54 PM

Mine also came with a factory warranty. The website I bought from sells machines refurbished by Dyson, so it's not like it's some random guy fixing them in his garage, kwim? Plus, most of the time the machines were just store returns or boxes that were opened in the store. Once the box is opened they can't be sold at the store so they're sent back to the factory and labeled 'refurbished'.
#14 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 05:15 PM

I didn't even know there was such an option! I might have to put this on my list of things to save up for!
#15 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 07:49 PM

I have no idea about the vaccuum, but Sugar Magnolia, I remember your name from HipMama.

I doubt you'd remember me since I posted little and lurked much... but hi!

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#16 of 17 Old 05-04-2005, 11:47 PM

Yep, me too. Are you the same Sugar? I forget the title...Something Boobologist?...
#17 of 17 Old 05-05-2005, 12:03 AM

Oh, how I my Dyson! I h ave the purple animal one. I love it. I just cleaned the filter for the first time so I'm anxoius to see what happens now. It was shutting off during vacuuming...thermal shutdown safety feature. Said I needed to clean the filter.

Have you seen the new Dyson on Dyson.com? It's called the Ball. Pretty cool. I want one. :LOL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page