i got offered a job! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2005, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i havent worked in 5 years but i have been looking cuz we hit some financial super hard times ( as opposed to our normal, hard times, :LOL) and i am just tired of being so broke!!!!!!!!! DS is older now, ( 3) so i figure it will be easier for me to be away from him ( although i still worry i will miss him too much)
he will have to be in child care three full days a week.

anyway, its 24 hours a week---three 8 hour shifts. i applied for a different, lower position at the same place and they called me to offer this one instead. its a whole $1 an hour more pay than the one i appled for

but

its more responsibility. i dont know if it will be *too much* its not brain surgery, just cooking. but i will be going back to school in the fall, and i do community organizing on top of that....and my own writing....see where i am going? the thing with this job is that i will get to come up with recipes and be creative , which is fun for me. so that side of it and the $$ make it really tempting. the hours are similar to the one i applied for.....

what do you guys think? should i take it? i have to call her tomorrow AM to say yay nor nay.............. it will also make our lives SO much better financially. we might even start saving to buy a house . i am just scared that i will be in over my head...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2005, 03:38 AM

If you think you can handle it, then take it! If not, see if you can negotiate something that would work better for you. They obviously seem to like you! Congrats!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 06-15-2005, 09:03 AM

Like the pp said if you think you can handle it, go for it! You probably have a good idea already. (you're a mama, you can handle anything! Just MNSHO )

I did the same thing. Things got a little tight for my comfort and so I applied a few different places. An airline called me Friday. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm thinking I'll at least call them to see what kind of hours they could offer me. With being in school full time now, the only time I'd be able to do it, would be the weekends.

Decisions, decisions...

Good luck, mama!
Old 06-15-2005, 09:31 AM

I say give it a try! If you hate it and quit, at least you got your foot back in the "work" door, if that's what you are interested in doing. Good luck! You mentioned recipes and cooking - what kind of job is it? It sounds fun!

Tamara
Old 06-15-2005, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Oh my gosh, it sounds perfect! The right number of days a week for your child's needs, more money than you asked for, and you actually get to build your skills for future jobs. Don't doubt yourself, you can create recipes. Go for it!

Divorced mom of one awesome boy born 2-3-2003.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

before i went to school i worked in health food stores and vegeitarian resteraunts as a cook for about 7 years. so this is a job like that. i think i can handle the job itself---i am worried about work+school+mommyhood

BUT in a few months i might be able to afford to rent an art studio....thats a huge motivation for me!

tamara---good advice! i can always quit! i would feel bad doing so....but you are right!

so i am going to call them now. wish me luck
Old 06-15-2005, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

oh and ps....of COURSE my whole chin is breaking out right now

ugguuhghghghghghghghghghggggggggggggg
Old 06-15-2005, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

for any who care, i have an interview in an hour and a half!

send me not-nervous vibes!

Old 06-15-2005, 05:55 PM

Good luck!

User Tag List