do you squish spiders? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you squish spiders?
I do not squish spiders, but I do squish insects. 20 22.99%
I squish spiders and insects. 41 47.13%
I squish neither spiders nor insects. 26 29.89%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

#31 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
When they are in my house, yes. : I am horribly afraid of spiders.

When DH is home then they get relocated outside. When he is at sea then they, um, go to the big spiderweb in the sky.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My thoughts on bugs is this- if they are in my house, i squish them. It's my territory and i have the right to defend it... :LOL : (actually i'm just scared and couldn't actually pick up a spider to get it outside...)

Now if we're outside, that's the bug's home, and we have no right to hurt them.

Sahm mom to three lovely girls, and happily married to a great, sweet guy
#33 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I give mad love to the spiders in my home... and there are lots of them. I don't squish them, move them or take them outside. Especially in the summer I usually avoid disrupting their webs either.. they're natural fly tape. There a TONS of gnats in Chicago right now and they seem to find their way in my house no matter what I do to try and stop them. Spidey takes care of them. I'll take a house full of spiders over a house full of gnats anyday.
#34 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 12:09 PM

I will squish spiders and that's about it. The reason being, my dad was bitten twice by a brown recluse (sp?) and they can be deadly to children (we've had one death in the area in the last year) so the spiders have to be squished if I see them. Daddy longlegs and other bugs I usually leave be.

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#35 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 02:02 PM

Hell yeah I squish spiders!!!! Ewwwwww...they seriously give me the creeps!
#36 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkuMyy
We don't kill insects or spiders. The one exception is when we lived in NYC and had GINORMOUS cock roaches 3-5 inches long. Those went down the toilet.
Okay, well at least now we know where the Giant Five Foot Tall Mutant Cockroach monsters came from! :LOL

When I worked at a hospital, there were humongous cockroaches like that down in the Basement. They were hideous! Sometimes I would be waiting outside for my ride to pick me up in the evening and there were be like 4 or 5 of them sitting in a circle near the manhole cover. Like they were plotting against us! Seriously, I used to think that a bit too much of the radioactive chemicals from Nuclear Medicine got dumped down the drains. I hated those things!!
#37 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 02:23 PM

I can't possibly squish them all. We have alot in our house. Most of the time I don't even worry about it. I do have a mini-freakout everytime I see them in my baby's room, though. Something about them crawling all over him makes me want to puke.
#38 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If they come in my house, they get squished (or picked up and flushed with a tissue depending on the bug)........or get a shoe thrown at them from way far away cause I dont want to go near if it's something like a cricket. LOL If they are outside or in the garage, I leave them alone.

Desiree

#39 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 02:27 PM

SQUISH EM' of course this also depends on their size and cuteness or grossout factor. I may just run screaming .. I am not ashamed :
#40 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 03:17 PM

I only kill insects that pose an imminent danger to me or my property (ie, black widows, mosquitoes, earwigs, termites). Otherwise, I ignore them or try to put them outside safely. I see no reason to harm another creature without good reason.
#41 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 04:19 PM

I don't squish spiders, none of them really bug you here. But I do squish any bug that will bite me, mosquitos, blackflies, deerflies, horseflies, bees ect. I hate to be itchy

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
#42 of 44 Old 07-21-2005, 04:19 PM

I didnt vote. I dont want to sound like I go out of my way killing insects.
I kill earwigs in the house, wasps that hover in the doorway, recluse/hobo spiders(inside or out), some spiders in the house.

I let the jumping spiders stay, they grow really big in the house, and it makes me wonder what insects they are getting fat on .

There was some 'mommy' long legs(not daddy long legs, but some other long legged spider that dd named) in the washroom, that I decided to just leave, but the other night, I get up, go pee, go back to bed, and the biggest one that was in the washroom-and disapeared the day before-is running on the bed, it came out of a fold in the sheet where I was sleeping , so it died.
#43 of 44 Old 07-22-2005, 02:36 AM

If they're in my house, they're getting squished. Outsided I pretty much leave em alone. I hate spiders though. Hate hate hate them. Of course, living in an old apartment and now an old house, you kind of have to get used to them.
#44 of 44 Old 07-22-2005, 08:46 AM

I kill black widows.
Others I leave be, unless there is a chance they could be a brown recluse (kill first, ask questions later). Tarantulas I will transfer to the outside of my house and resist the urge to pet them.
Mostly I only kill ants. And heaven help the scorpion that dares to cross my threshold.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page