Do you run around your house *Nekkid* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lol ... i was just wondering as I was getting a cup of java and all i have on is a pink pair of panties ... if i should start covering up ... lol ... my son is 4 and i am sure he will remember me being nekked ... Is that a bad thing? lol ... my body is less than perfect that is for sure but it is only that way because they made me this way ... :LOL ... all kinds of stretch marks and my infamous *pouch*

Do any of you other mama's run around in the buff in front of your children? I mean they are not uncomfortable with me being *nekked* ... If they want to run around in their undies i dont care ... anyway I know there will be a time where they may be uncomfortable and i would then cover up ...

So am I or ???

oh and most of the time unless i am getting out of the shower i will have on undies or shorts ... just alot of the time i am topless for nursing purposes ...
#2 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 11:33 AM

No. I never walk around my house in the buff. I bring ds in the shower with me and I'll walk from the shower to my dresser / closet nude, but I am one of those people who like to be covered when I'm in the house living my life. I think I came out of the womb clothed. I don't like the feeling of being naked. Not even when I'm alone. Coffee in nothing but undies? That would be a negatory, good buddy. I'm not sexually inhibited and my parents didn't make me think nakedness was dirty or wrong - it's just who I am. Even in the HOTTEST of nights (I live in the desert) I still wear a tank and shorts to bed and have to be covered with at least a sheet.

I don't think it will affect your ds. My mother would walk around the house in various stages of undress - when she was ironing her outfit for the day - etc., if we were going to the bathroom, she would come in and undress and jump in the shower - as I got older I just thought it was her way.
#3 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melda
lol ... i was just wondering as I was getting a cup of java and all i have on is a pink pair of panties ... if i should start covering up ... lol ... my son is 4 and i am sure he will remember me being nekked ... Is that a bad thing? lol ... my body is less than perfect that is for sure but it is only that way because they made me this way ... :LOL ... all kinds of stretch marks and my infamous *pouch*

Do any of you other mama's run around in the buff in front of your children? I mean they are not uncomfortable with me being *nekked* ... If they want to run around in their undies i dont care ... anyway I know there will be a time where they may be uncomfortable and i would then cover up ...

So am I or ???

oh and most of the time unless i am getting out of the shower i will have on undies or shorts ... just alot of the time i am topless for nursing purposes ...
Well, DS is only 16 months but we are big on nakedness. It gets hot here in the summer, and the swapmp cooler can only get our house down to the high 90's in June/July, so it's naked all the time here. I regularly run around in underwear only. The only problem is if someone knocks on the door it's panic time.
#4 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 12:47 PM

I might walk around for a short time naked, after shower, getting dressed. I don't go about my daily business naked though. I usually have a tank top and undies on. I can give or take pants. :LOL

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#5 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 12:53 PM

I walk around naked all the time, normally in various stages of undress, topless for nursing purposes, fresh out of the bath, in my bra and underwear. I have older kids 8, 6 and 2 and 4 months, no one cares, they seem to hardly notice. If they start giggling or say something I will start to cover up.
crystal
#6 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 12:55 PM

Not at all, i have shears hanging in the kitchen. at the least i'm in panties and a top, bra and boxers, or a towel. I survived my first Missouri summer and I honestly didn't think it was that hot, haha.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#7 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Do you run around your house *Nekked*
Yes, dh and I both do. We have 3 dd's the oldest is 5 1/2 it dosent bother any of them. Heck they run around nekked more than we do :LOL
#8 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:03 PM

Being nekkid around the house is one of the reasons I want to move back out to the country. I loved being able to sit on the back porch and drink my coffee in my undies. My husband is generally nude around the house or in socks and underwear. The first thing he does when he gets home is strips! So, I guess we're a weird nekkid family.
#9 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:17 PM

This is the main reason I can never have a front door with glass in it...I would live naked if I could!
#10 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Not often, because DS (age 2) gets hysterically giddy at the sight of my bare butt and tries to grab it. I don't know where he gets that from, but I'm a little uncomfortable with it, so I tend to keep some clothes on all the time.
#11 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:20 PM

DH will wear underwear, for the most part, but if I and DS are at home for the day, we're most likely "nekkid" ( :LOL ) or in various stages of undress. DS in maybe a diaper, but lately, we're just introducing the potty training idea so I leave his diaper off a lot, I'm almost always nude, or only wearing panties.

I wish I lived in the country, I'd be naked in the garden...on the porch, mowing the lawn, cooking (not bacon though...been there...). DS and I and DH go up to a house in a tiny town that his grandma owns, all the way on the back lot, not even on a street...really in the boonies..no neighbors for a 3/4 mile..and when we're up there, I'm close to nudity, DS is naked, and has been for hours, but DH likes to wear at least a pair of shorts outside.
#12 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:26 PM

We're pretty comfortable with nakedness, esp. during the summer. I usually have at least undies on, simply because the kitchen chairs get a little cold in the morning. :LOL

I don't think it messes up kids to see their parents naked. I think it messes them up more to be taught that they need to be covered all the time and that boobies, tushies, weenies and hoo-hoos are silly and shameful.
Springshowers likes this.
#13 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:27 PM

I have run around in various stages of nekkid :LOL for my kids' whole lives. They don't think a thing of it.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#14 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I do, all the time!

A funny note - our lawn maintenance is taken care of by the homeowner's association. Once a week people come around and mow and edge all the lawns. Well, when I was about 8 months pregnant with DS one of the lawn guys who was edging the flower beds outside our (very large) dining room windows got quite an eyeful! :LOL

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#15 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 01:57 PM

We walk in various stages of undress around here too. Very normal for us.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#16 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Not often, because DS (age 2) gets hysterically giddy at the sight of my bare butt and tries to grab it.
Same here! My 2yo laughs and pokes my belly, so I usually have to cover up a little to distract him.
#17 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 02:06 PM

Nope, we don't. I'm just not comfy with it - and my ds is WAY too interested in my breasts if they are uncovered.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#18 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaBear
Nope, we don't. I'm just not comfy with it - and my ds is WAY too interested in my breasts if they are uncovered.
We have the same problem here.
#19 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Well right now I've got on only a pair of undies. For the pur[ose of nursing my 1 month old, it's just soo much easier! But like a PP said it's panic time when the doorbell rings.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#20 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 03:31 PM

We leave most of the blinds open all the time, and the front door stays open to let the light in. So, no *nekkid* adults running around here. But my kids love to be naked.

Yesterday, I had a flock of preschool boys running around in their underwear! They wanted to stay naked after their group bath, but I didn't know how that would go over with their family. So they played Tarzan instead.
#21 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalee2
I might walk around for a short time naked, after shower, getting dressed. I don't go about my daily business naked though. I usually have a tank top and undies on. I can give or take pants. :LOL
This is me except I always have shorts on. I may sometimes sleep in a tank and panties (but it's usually shorts with no panties) but I put shorts on when I get up.

Now a bra is another story, I don't wear one unless I have to!

Christi

Wife to one Amazing man, Mom to 3 Wonderful children with #4 due in Feb

#22 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 04:28 PM

No, I don't run around the house nekkid - but dh is always trying to get me to! :LOL
#23 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 04:53 PM

well ds is only 6 months old but dp and I are both totally comfortable being naked- we never wear clothes in the house, hate having to wear them in public- we'll probably take ds to the nudist camping place we go to sometimes, to nude beaches if we travel...I hope he grows up to be cool with his body and not feel it is something he needs to hide and that womens bodies aren't something to objectify- they're just something that is natural and normal.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#24 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 05:19 PM

Not as much these days. I used to be a naked around the house girl, but once Ben got to the pinching and grabbing stage I had to cover up. Now he's more respectful and I can be a little more bare, but I still keep it to top and panties most of the time.

Derek is almost never without undies and socks, and usually has some pants on too. it's kind of odd.

Ben is a very nekky kid. We have endless discussions of why you have to wear pants in public.
#25 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 05:33 PM

All the time, as a matter of fact I'm naked now :LOL
#26 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 05:36 PM

No. I do not RUN anywhere, in any state of dress or undress, if I can possibly help it. Prance? Sure. Sashay? Why not. Jiggle? Always, for better or for worse . But run?? Only when chased, and even then it depends on who is the chaser.
pickle18 likes this.
#27 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 05:46 PM

No. My son is only 9 months, so I'm not worried about. But I'm conviced that people can see in my windows even when the shades are down.
#28 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 06:12 PM

Yep, pretty much. Or, at least to some degree.

I truly do think some people are very uptight on the whole nudity issue.

But, remember that Seinfeld issue about Jerry's naked girlfriend? I remember that & try not to bend over... :LOL
#29 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 06:29 PM

I'd love to be naked more often, but have the aforementioned "glass in the front door" which puts a damper on all my fun (you can see the kitchen/back of the house from the front door, not to mention the stairs, dining rm and living rm). Otherwise, I'd be naked a whole lot more often, but I'd rather not flash the mailman.

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#30 of 69 Old 09-10-2005, 06:34 PM

hee hee... i'd be nekkid 24/7 if i could. we have a hot tub and i go down to it nekkid at night but there are neighbors that can see it in the daytime so nix on that (ds3 was born in the tub last year, we had to put up tie-dyed sheets to screen it... it was beautiful!). i have older kids, and they all each got more uptight with nakedness as they aged... at about 7 or 8, they started wanting to stay covered up around me, not letting me in the bathroom when they were bathing or getting dressed, that sort of thing. of course we totally respect their wishes, and if they're around i'll wrap a towel around me on my way to the tub... but at night, not a stitch is on and that's how i am until the morning.

once in a while, one or more kids will join me in the tub while i'm naked, usually with them in a swimsuit but sometimes dd comes out naked too. there's no light out there and we have lovely long talks about the stars and clouds and life in general.

dh sleeps naked with me, but he's 10 years younger than me (and only 13 years older than my oldest ds) so he's not comfortable being naked around the three older kids (also his step-kids, which probably have something to do with it too).

one fine spring day in the suburbs of california, i was watering my lawn when i saw my elderly (70s) neighbor peek out, and not seeing me, she skittered out in her bra and panties to get her newspaper! i must've made a noise... she saw me after she'd retrieved her prize, dashed back and later i heard her complain to my dh, "damn that katje! she caught me!"

hee hee! maybe that will be me thirty years from now (only i hardly ever wear a bra anymore with this nursling... who knows if i'll start again when <if!> he ever weans!)

k

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page