I need help writing a letter! PLEASE HELP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2005, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Background:

My mother is American but has lived in Canada since she was 23. My parents are divorced and she never bothered to get her Canadian citizenship. I live overseas and will soon be moving to the States but I have three younger brothers (26, 20, 19) who still live and work in Canada. Mom has no family in the States. She is an only child. My grandmother lives in an assisted living apartment. Everyone else in her family is dead. We are all she has.

She left Canada a few years ago for a job in the UK. Her landed immigrant card expires this December so she needs to go back to Canada to renew it and then she wants to find a job back in Canada.

Well her petition to be let back in to Canada was denied. She has to gather a ton of paperwork together as well as letters of hardship from us kids so she will be let back into the country. She has no life no saving nothing in the States. Everything that means anything to her is in Canada.

I need help with this letter. I have to write it today/tonight and get it into her. What the heck should I say?

Kate

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2005, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly get her a lawyer.

Why don't your brother's sponsor her for citizenship family class?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/index.html

Was there a reason given for her being denied? Sounds like she did not fulfil her obligations - two years living/working in canada in last five?

She could always come back and then reapply here.

Good luck

8 might be enough

User Tag List