What does your belly button look like after having kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine looks like a butt. There's a big stretch mark going straight down it and it looks like a butt crack. My whole belly kind of looks like a saggy old butt. Wrinkly, saggy, stretch marks. And I only gained 35 lbs during my pregnancy. My sister gained 65 (she was HUGE) and she didn't even get stretch marks! Her belly button looks normal.

It's not fair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Mine looks normal.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#3 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 PM

The same, just not as 'deep' anymore

I gained 32 lbs with my first, and 14 lbs with my second. I got TONS of stretch marks the first time, and no new ones the second time. No different in the belly button though...
#4 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 04:51 PM

My skin is softer-but not as visually attractive, I'll tell you that!! None of my stretch marks are huge-but I have quite a few thin ones! ewwwwwww
#5 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 04:51 PM

The belly button is the same, it just has some new stretchmark friends.
#6 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 04:53 PM

Mine looks exactly the same as it did before.
#7 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 04:56 PM

Mine doesn't look the same at all. I can actually make it go away if I flex. I have separated abs that never went back, so it kinda looks like a mini grand canyon. I have a *ton* of stretchmarks. But I don't care. I'm proud of my body and what that tummy stands for. I imagine that when I'm an old lady, I can trace my finger across those stretch marks and remember where my babies used to dwell.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#8 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:03 PM

Mine looks pretty much the same, except for the extra-twenty-pounds part. I got lucky with stretch marks the first time - we'll see if my luck holds!
#9 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mine looks precisely the same as it did before. I was lucky and didn't have stretchmarks with DS ... my tummy feels softer but looks basically the same as it did.

Twin sis got a zillion stretchmarks and curses my name.

Mooooom! to  guitar.gifDS (1/05) and whistling.gifDSS (11/05).  TTC fingersx.gifour "ours" after VR on 10/12.  

#10 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:14 PM

the actual belly button looks the same..... surrounding areas can't say the same about. I've got this extra flesh around it now that no matter how much weight I've lost I can't get rid of them/it. Looks like a deflated balloon w/ a little bit of air still left in it. And the white love marks all over. I got insanely HUGE with ds #1 and I think I stretched to the max. Its not pretty but I'm still proud of the fact that my body grew two healthy babies.
#11 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:17 PM

My bellybutton is a frowner. It was frowning before dd and she's still frowning now.
=my bellybutton

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#12 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmma
Mine doesn't look the same at all. I can actually make it go away if I flex. I have separated abs that never went back, so it kinda looks like a mini grand canyon.
me too.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#13 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Mine doesn't look the same at all. I can actually make it go away if I flex. I have separated abs that never went back, so it kinda looks like a mini grand canyon. I have a *ton* of stretchmarks. But I don't care. I'm proud of my body and what that tummy stands for. I imagine that when I'm an old lady, I can trace my finger across those stretch marks and remember where my babies used to dwell.

this is me. however, not to the proud of my tummy part, yet. it's actually an issue for me. i don't really care to be skinny again, but the jiggly, wrinkly thing that used to be called a stomach is not so cute.
#14 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:20 PM

There's a tiny bit of skin over it that looks sort of sad...it's a wee bit that just looks like it forgot where to go after 2 (almost) back-to-back 40 pound pregnancies. It's funny, most people probably wouldn't notice it, but I swear that's how I can tell someone has had a baby...it's a little "tell" to me.

Mama to DS (8) and DD (7) Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement.

#15 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunam
Mine looks like a butt. There's a big stretch mark going straight down it and it looks like a butt crack. My whole belly kind of looks like a saggy old butt. Wrinkly, saggy, stretch marks. And I only gained 35 lbs during my pregnancy. My sister gained 65 (she was HUGE) and she didn't even get stretch marks! Her belly button looks normal.

It's not fair.
I just couldn't let this go without posting--didn't want you to have admitted to your belly button issues & then think you were the only one!! :

Mine looks really frightful, similar to how you described, I would say. I have 2 DC and didn't even gain 30 lbs with either pregnancy. I kept thinking it would eventually pop back into shape (the belly), but alas . . .

By way of total disclosure, I've also had a hemorrhoid for 7-1/2 years--since the birth of #1 DC. TMI????
#16 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:21 PM

Mine looks exactly as it did before, except now I have a tiny wrinkle of loose skin right above it. Can't complain.
#17 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:22 PM

Mine looks the same, it has a little bit of extra padding around it, but I didn't really get any stretch marks on my belly (don't be too jealous, I got them on my breasts, hips/bum, and inner thighs ).
#18 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:26 PM

My belly button is about the only thing that looks even remotely the same.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#19 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 05:30 PM

Yep I have a butt button as well...

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.
#20 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My belly button went back to normal, but the stretch marks and saggy pouch on my tummy make up for it.
#21 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have softer skin/more flabby there, some light stretch marks (it has been 12 years lol) and two tiny scars from having my tubes tied.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#22 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 06:53 PM

my belly is the only place I didn't get stretch marks with my pregnancies - my belly button always looked normal afterward, just a little closed indentation in my belly
#23 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 06:55 PM

Mine looks the same but it never had the chance to change much anywho (delivered at 28 weeks).
#24 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
well i had a c section, a rash at the end of the preg. (which left millions of teenie tiny stretch marks) and because of my fibroid a HUGE tummy that actually broke my tummy muscles. so i have a flap that falls over the cut line, and my tummy looks like that of an 80 year old or someone who was really obese and lost weight and now has all this extra skin. i put on 45 pounds and all around my belly and no where else while pregnant.

my belly button looks like a wrinkled up deep well that changes shape when i am sitting or standing or bending. it looks deeper than before.

but i am proud of my belly (esp since i gained back all teh weight and am 30 pounds overweight) since it provides hours of hilarity with my dd. once while changing she discovered my belly could jiggle. so she shouted at me from teh bathtub when we were about to take a shower together - mommy take the mask off ur boobies and underwear and jiggle ur tummy for me. of course along with my tummy other parts jiggle too and she was so excited. until she tried it herself and was soooooo disappointed hers didnt jiggle. its been months since that incident but she still once in a while desparately tries to jiggle her belly and is so disappointed when it doesnt happen.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#25 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 07:39 PM

Okay there's this joke that my dad used to tell. It's bad. Just a warning.

Once upon a time there was a little boy who was born with a golden screw in his bellybutton. The doctor said he was normal otherwise, but said just leave the screw in, because he didn't know what might happen if it was removed. He grew up and was teased horribly in school, could never get dates, could never go to a public pool. Finally one night, after a particularly hard day, he had a dream. In the dream a little fairy came in the room and he had a golden screwdriver. The fairy unscrewed the golden screw, placed it on a little cloud, and the cloud floated out the window with the fairy behind it. When he woke up he was scratching his head, wondering about the meaning of it. Then he thought, maybe it was real, just maybe. He pulled the covers off and the golden screw was gone! He looked himself over, and he still looked okay. He was so overjoyed! He jumped out of bed and shouted "Mom, Dad, the golden screw is gone!!!" . . . .

. . . and then his butt fell off.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#26 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Pregnancy totally changed my belly. Before preggo: washboard abs, cute innie belly button. Belly so flat that I had a thin flat flap of skin both above and below my belly button. I could have, in fact, put many piercings all the way around my belly button, but never did.

Now, ugh. I have a zillion stretch marks. My belly looks like a scrotum. There is a line up the middle up to my belly button with the skin on either side all wrinkley and droopy. It is drawn upwards on the midline and upwards towards the sides of my body, and sags down between. The top of my belly button sticks out and the bottom is pulled in. And there are loads of wrinkles above the belly button too. My tummy is actually flat again, and I've lost all the pregnancy weight. I can still feel a deep groove where my ab muscles separated down the middle. No more belly-baring shirts or bikini swimsuits for me! No one wants to see my scrotum-belly, that's for sure!

I guess that's what you get when you are a skinny-mini and have an over 9 pound baby.

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#27 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride
My belly looks like a scrotum.
I guess that's what you get when you are a skinny-mini and have an over 9 pound baby.
OMG I've never heard of that description but I can relate! My weight pre-baby was 108 and I gained 65 pounds with Abi, 45 with Nitara. I am back to 120 which I feel is perfect for me, but you can imagine what that weight gain did to my body!

#28 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 08:03 PM

I gained 60 pounds with my first little guy (9 1/2 pounds) and 40 (back to the same weight ) with my second little guy. I had a peircing that created a very strange X shaped scar. I am 25 years old.... and here is my finished product.....http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/villag...cd.jpg&.src=ph

:
#29 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 08:48 PM

Quote:
OMG I've never heard of that description but I can relate! My weight pre-baby was 108 and I gained 65 pounds with Abi, 45 with Nitara. I am back to 120 which I feel is perfect for me, but you can imagine what that weight gain did to my body!
Yeah, my weight pre-preg was 127 and I am back down to that. I gained between 60 and 70 pounds. I think I've blocked out the actual number. I gained the normal amount of weight up through the 6th or 7th month, then my blood pressure went up and I swelled up with water. I never had pre-eclampsia, they kept checking me with all kinds of tests. After only ten days PP, I had lost 30 pounds. Well, that's including the 9 pound kid and placenta, but that's a lot of water. Night sweats, ugh...

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#30 of 43 Old 12-01-2005, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueeTheBean
By way of total disclosure, I've also had a hemorrhoid for 7-1/2 years--since the birth of #1 DC. TMI????

Oooh, that sucks. I can be as mad as I want that my sister escaped with her perfect belly, but she had to deal with horrible hemmoroids and she still pees a little when she sneezes. I don't have either problem. I'll take a butt-belly anyday over hemmoroids.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page