Anyone else a night owl? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2006, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's 1:38 here, and I just don't want to go to bed yet. I feel great at night, and hate going to bed before 12. I've always been like this too, (my poor mom) Is there any other night owls around? Why do you think you don't want to go to bed "early"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2006, 07:44 AM

I've always been a night owl and love to sleep in. I'm not a very good morning person either. It takes me a couple hours to wake up and just feel like I have a normal amount of energy.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:02 AM

I don't want to go to bed, because the kids are finally asleep! I've always stayed up late, though. I like the night time when everyone is sleeping. I stay up and read, or hang on MDC. I feel like I don't have to get anything done and can chill out.

Dh is a jazz musician and is out late pretty often. So, I wait up for him (which backfires on me if I'm not feeling frisky!)

Tonight I'm up because I'm waiting for the darned waterproof mattress pad to get dry. The flipping thing takes forever, because it's got this PUL lining and traps water inside of itself. I have to keep opening the dryer and sorting it out. The baby, of course, is sleeping on the bed which has no sheets or pads on it, though she's on top of her bedspread. I'm hoping that diaper holds out until I can get the bed made...

I try to get up by 9 in the morning. Thank goodness we homeschool! Dh is often just dragging his sorry carcass out of bed at 10...he says it's a reasonable amount of sleep given that he stays up with his guitar until 2. I guess he has a point...
Old 01-01-2006, 08:02 AM

I'm a to-the-core-of-my-soul nightowl. Given a choice, I'd go to bed at 4 or 5 a.m. and get up noonish. I've been that way since birth.

Secret revealed: I find myself initially distrusting someone when I find out they're a morning person. There's just something that seems so WRONG about that!

wild.gif  kickin' it old school
Old 01-01-2006, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin2004
Secret revealed: I find myself initially distrusting someone when I find out they're a morning person. There's just something that seems so WRONG about that!

No kidding....

My stepdad routinely wakes up at 5 am! I'd get up, especially for school, and be totally worthless. Of course he'd always do that "GOOD MORNING!" thing that always felt so invasive to me...he was just being polite, but I certainly wasn't...
Old 01-01-2006, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

I used to be a baaaaaad morning person, but I'm getting better. My mom and brother would always make a point of saying something to set me off....
Old 01-01-2006, 08:27 AM

It got better when I discovered coffee...It's such a crutch, but at least I can say "don't talk to me until I've had my first cup..."

I'm actually going to bed now, though. Dh is home, I've given up on the mattress pad. Used a comforter instead, and moved baby to the cosleeper. I'm not really tired, but oh well. I'll probably fall asleep.

What I want is to have a really good book and read it until I can't keep my eyes open, but dh doesn't read before bed so the lights go off. I need one of those book light things.

Good night, happy new year.

User Tag List