RANT~Neighbor child here, mom gone, lighter given to my DSs yesterday by mom... erhrh - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2006, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh let me tell you, I am so hot right now! :

My boys 8 & 7 play with the neighbor 5y old boy. Hes a great little boy. Never disrespectful, always polite.

Ok, so this is what happened last night:
My boys walk the 5 y old home. His house is 3 behind ours. It was 8:30p. My boys return at 8:50p. 8 yr old has a lit insense in his hand. :
I aks where that came from. Guess that the Mother and BF of the 5 yr old was lighting fireworks. The mother gave both my boys a lighter and was letting them light insense themselves!
After a long talk with the boys about fire and lighters and how that mommy was "wrong" for what she did. My boys were told they are not allowed to go back to the 5 yr olds house.
I was debating going over and laying on into this mother. I decided this was a battle I did not want to fight! My boys and I had our talk and I felt much better.

Today:
5 yr old comes to the house at 10am. (it is now 1:40p) He has been here all day. No biggie, the boys play well together and Im glad to see my boys with a friend. KWIM.

About 45 min ago the 5 yr olds mother comes by in her car. Says she is going to the grocery store, that her friend is at her house. She just wanted to let me know that if I needed to send her boy home that someone was there and she did not want me to think that she just left him here. She said friends were there doing a tile job in her house.

Okay, cool. Again, I did not want to confront her with the lighter deal.

Lunch time.... Boys are outside ridding their bikes, I call for them to come eat lunch. I tell the 5 yr old its time for him to go home. My boys both tell me he cannot go home, that there is noone there.
I told my boys that his mothers friend is there.

They all tell me that the front door is locked and there is not one person there. They were going to go through the window when I called them for lunch.

So, all 3 boys are eating lunch right now. I am freaking what the hell!

Why is there NO ONE AT THIS BOYS HOUSE.???

This is more just a huge rant for me. Im just pissed about it all.... lastnight is now boiling in my blood because there is no one at this boys house. What if something happenes to this boy? OMG IM
But WWYD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2006, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have lived through this same scenario for the past 4 years! What i've learned: never ever let my kids play at the neighbor's house even if the mom is home, because there is no supervision.

and let B (neighbor's little boy) come play whenever he wants because our house is the only time he gets to experience a loving atmosphere. Until the neighbors split up and had to put B in daycare, he was over here 20+ hours a week. It irritated me until a friend pointed out that we were possibly making a huge positive impact on his life, and his future childrens' lives.

hugs

User Tag List