Physic energy burning out light bulbs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2006, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I wasn't sure exactly where to post this but I am getting so irratated! My light bulbs seriously don't last in my house long. And for some odd reason if I'm upset and I turn one on it goes out in flash of light. And this is how all of them go out the same way. Someone at school told me I was the one who was causeing them to do this with my energy?? What is this has anyone heard of this or have an explination of why the heck I am constantly changing light bulbs? Its not just this house either its been at every house I lived at for the past 6 years...weird huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 05:44 AM

Yep, me too - I'm not sure what you'd call it but I've always had this problem, too. I buy so many lightbulbs, you have no idea...
And it's gotten to the point that I don't turn the computer on or off - dh just does it because I cause it to crash all of the time when I hit the power button and he got sick of fixing it (the crashes stopped when we started doing this!).
Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 AM

me too. Hey do you ever drive down the road or highway and notice that street lights turn off when you go by them?? That also happens to me alot. ok, maybe I'm just really odd.....
Old 02-02-2006, 11:01 AM

I think there may be something to that, personally. The same thing happens to me. It's so strange.

d
Old 02-02-2006, 11:07 AM

Yep, I have had the same problem. Used to drive my DH nuts. But it stopped happening when we left the US. The ceilings here are MUCH higher (18 ft I think?) and they use mostly flourescent lights. : But I also have another thing, which is I can't wear watches that run on battery. The batteries are constantly dying. They never last more than 1-2 days. I finally found a watch that is the kind you have to shake to make it run. That one works fine for me.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:10 AM

I'm blow up TV's myself. It only happens when there are things I don't approve of.

I guess I came to terms with lightbulbs!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:11 AM

It happens to me all of the time. Not just one house but the last 3 houses. It happens at other locations (work, stores, on the street). Pretty weird. Yesterday was a VERY negative energy day for me and I am pretty positive that fried my work computer- everyone else in the office was doing fine but I have no computer now and a few weeks ago my home computer went out but I attributed that to its old age and dd playing with it- now I wonder.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:15 AM

I had the streetlight thing happen a lot before, but my dad explained that my headlights might be the cause, and sure enough, they were aimed too high which was triggering the light sensors on the streetlights, which would make them turn off.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:27 AM

I burn out street lights too. I have since I started driving. I have had A LOT of cars. I live in FL and the streetlights are REALLY high on the highway. Yup, I can blow those out no problem. 'Specially if I'm pissed!!!!!

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:31 AM

I've had a streetlight thing going on for about 20 years. They burn out as I drive by. They come on in the middle of the day as I pass near them. It's become a family joke.

I can sometimes control it, sort of. Redirect it. So instead of the streetlights burning out, my car's dome light POPPED as soon as I got to my destination and opened the car door. Not the intended result, but at least it wasn't the lights on the highway.

Driving while upset seems to make it worse.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

Old 02-02-2006, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Wow ok, so I'm not alone. I guess I'm not used to this. It scares me when the light bulbs go out in a loud flash of light. It sucks to because I keep burning out the lights out side too. Our appartment manager has replaced those about 8 times since I have moved in, all with those twisted light bulb that are supposed to last for ever too, LOL. The neigbors light never burns out. Just the one in front of my appartment and the one I walk by on the stairs... Which reminds me I need to call them to replace the bulbs outside again, I burnt one out again yesterday.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:00 PM

Very interesting... I really have this problem as well. We go through so many lightbulbs in our house its awful. They make a huge pop and a flash... not always when I am turning them on either. Sometimes the one in the bathroom makes a sound like a huge moth hitting it continuously, but there isnt one there. It doesnt do it when I am not near it.I have a history with streetlights as well... but dont often go out at nnight anymore. I had never linked it to mood myself though.

:
Old 02-02-2006, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsmom
me too. Hey do you ever drive down the road or highway and notice that street lights turn off when you go by them?? That also happens to me alot. ok, maybe I'm just really odd.....
EVERYONE gets the streetlight thing. It is because all streetlights have an automatic on/off cycle to keep them from overheating.

Please see here:http://www.amasci.com/weird/unusual/sli.html

Quote:
NOTE: STREET LIGHTS DO TURN OFF BY THEMSELVES

When the fluorescent bulb in a streetlight gets old, it overheats and trips a safety switch. When it cools off, it turns itself back on again. Some streetlights turn on and off by themselves every few minutes. Also, some towns install timers which cause all streetlights to turn off randomly every few minutes. This saves energy, but since the timers are not synchronized, some lights stay on while others are off.

Beware, it's easy to fool yourself into thinking that you have a mysterious effect on streetlights. If you see a streetlight turn on or off, that's not unusual. It happens all the time. It's only unusual if whole chains of street lights turn off in sequence as you pass, or if you see the streetlights only turn off but never see an equal number turn back on. It's also unusual if the streetlights often turn off NOT as you approach or leave, but instead they only turn off while you are passing directly underneath (ie. when you are closest to them.)
Old 02-02-2006, 02:26 PM

I know people to whom this happens. I think there's probably some complicated quantam physics explanation that maybe there's no way to prove in controlled scientific experiments, kwim? Or maybe it's proven but not widely known about.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by embens
I burn out street lights too. I have since I started driving. I have had A LOT of cars. I live in FL and the streetlights are REALLY high on the highway. Yup, I can blow those out no problem. 'Specially if I'm pissed!!!!!

ummm street lights randomly shut off to conserve energy ...
Old 02-02-2006, 04:21 PM

ok here is a good one for ya ..

few weeks back i did an online reading with a mama here ... Well the whole reading ended up being about my sister who passed away for the most part and it was quiet a nice reading ... Anyway ... the whole time i was doing this reading the light bulbs in my chandalear (sp?) above my desk was blinking ... well this had happened in the past alot but not until i had this reading did i put it together that i believe it is my sisters presence that makes this blink ... Now almost all my bulbs have burned out in this thing from going off and on so often (it has 7 bulbs and only 2 work now) ... but EVERYTIME i have it on and i am in here alone it blinks .... now even dh has commented on how it always blinks when i am in here but never when he is in here ...

I have also noticed that many other lights in my house are buring out (at least 1-2 a week since this) ... so am i wacky or do you gals think this could be the reason for the lightbulbs buring out ???

Melda
Old 02-02-2006, 04:24 PM

Patty, I can't wear a watch with a battery either! Poof. I've stopped even trying

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Old 02-02-2006, 04:30 PM

Lights like to flicker off when I'm around...

And at work, everytime I just touch the bathroom door, the automatic towel feeder goes off (it doesn't do it to anyone else...)
Old 02-02-2006, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This stuff is so cool!

Nothing like this has EVER happened to me, and I've never even really heard of it before.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:19 PM

Happens to me too. And a whole lot more.

When I lived in England, I was tested by the local University. And also by people with the National Trust.
Seems that I have a weird magnetic field around me.
Also also have an interesting electrical flow...Very strong. The had me hold a couple of conductors (metal thingies. heh) and it was connected to some light bulbs and other electrical equipment.
I could turn on the equipment and bulbs by holding one of their metal things in each hand. It's hard to describe.

They also have a magnetic sensor (handheld thing) and I would have off the charts, fluctuating levels.

The university wanted to do further testing but I said no. heh heh. I was beginning to feel like a freak.

Don't know what causes it though. I have other 'abilities' that have been studied. Feel like I'm from Smallville or something. giggle.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ours do that. Sometimes they even explode. we have low wattage (high wattage? maybe current? I forget) we had an electrition tell us though. he checked some things and did some math. proclaimed our lightbulbs too beefy for our output. be careful. if we left the burned out light bulbs in too long they would shatter when we turned the lights on (our dining room had a chandilier with 5 exposed bulbs). I would seriously take cover for a while when fliping the switch.

we have since started switching to the low wattage floresent bulb with better success.

when we had our old phone our lights would dim every time it rung. we just didn't have enough juice for everything.

but the average life span of an ordinary lightbulb around here is abuot 6 weeks.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:06 PM

We have certain sockets that go through bulbs more quickly than others.

Dh says b/c of where they are in the house they tend to get more vibrations than the others. Not the psychic kind, the mundane kind produced by the herd of elephants (er, my kids) running up and down the stairs. It makes sense. The staircase and the dining room (under the bed the kids jump on) burn out most frequently.

homeschool.gif mom to dd (11) read.gifand dd (9) crochetsmilie.gif and ds (3) bikenew.gif and  dog2.gif(x2)
Old 02-02-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82
EVERYONE gets the streetlight thing. It is because all streetlights have an automatic on/off cycle to keep them from overheating.

Please see here:http://www.amasci.com/weird/unusual/sli.html

uuummm crap. and I thought I was so special
Old 02-02-2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsmom
uuummm crap. and I thought I was so special
You're still special. Just not because of streetlights.

User Tag List