One more thing about Britney Spears - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not even a Britney Spears fan, and so I can't really believe I am actually starting a new thread about her, but.....

has anyone noticed that she is always, always photographed holding her son? And shouldn't we be glad about this? There are celebrities who have babies and you never see the baby with them, but Britney (despite her car seat troubles) seems always to be holding or carrying her baby.

And that's a GOOD thing!!
#2 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM

yeah, that is good.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#3 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 01:39 PM

YAY Brit!
#4 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 01:50 PM

Yeah, in the past few months she has been photographed holding her baby a lot. I think it's great. I saw a recent photo of her holding SP and her male assistant has a baby bjorn carrier on It's cute. It's nice to see that when she's not holding him, he is being worn.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#5 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Yeah...I'm glad to see her taking him everywhere...unlike poor Suri who stays home while Tom drags Katie out to "frolic" in the park barefoot for the cameras. I feel sorry for her...she looks so tired...I bet she just wants to stay home with her baby and enjoy her babymoon
#6 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 02:08 PM

You are right. As much as I pick on her, she really does appear to love that baby to bits. Which is good.

That picture of her crying after almost dropping the baby made me feel so sorry for her. I wanted to just give her a hug. Sigh.
#7 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch
That picture of her crying after almost dropping the baby made me feel so sorry for her. I wanted to just give her a hug. Sigh.
I know! It makes me so mad that they focus so much on her with the baby. EVERY new mom makes mistakes, even celebrity moms, they just don't have cameras following their every move to document every stumble.
#8 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
He's a cutie, too. Good thing he got his mom's looks!

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#9 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane
He's a cutie, too. Good thing he got his mom's looks!
He is an awfully cute baby. Squooshy little fella.
#10 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch

Me too. It would have been so cool to be able to tell her "I know it seems like the whole world hates you, but it's not true. You don't have to be perfect. Being a mom can be really tough." or something like that. I hope someone around her is telling her something like that and meaning it.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#11 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 06:48 PM

yay!

actually, I have wondered this, and the image that the press gives about her is not the image that she portrays when she's photographed with the baby. Even the carseat troubles, I mean, she has been WITH the baby in every single photo of her. That has to be good.
#12 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 07:29 PM

Oooh, I don't want to open a can of worms, but I saw some pictures yesterday where it's probably a good thing she didn't have Sean with her. She had enormous heels on. Let me see if I can find them.
#13 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 07:31 PM

no nannies, YEAH!!!

mother to E-(8).... A-(6) .... & N-(5)
Vivian Claire born 3-11-10.... ...still an , extendedmomma :
#14 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 07:32 PM

I found them quickly, but the comments on the site are really rude - they totally crossed the line. So I don't know whether to post it or not.
#15 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 07:36 PM

I agree. She is always holding him. She appears to be a natural in attachment parenting, just not so much in the common sense department. Some of it is just her age. Not all young people lack common sense, but it is definitely something we as humans tend to fine tune with age.
#16 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 07:50 PM

I think it is pretty cool that she is always with her baby. She might have some stuff to learn, but she already knows that babiews need to be around their parents and not hired help. I think she is doing pretty well considering she seems to have no help from her husband, and is under constant criticism.
#17 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloli
Oooh, I don't want to open a can of worms, but I saw some pictures yesterday where it's probably a good thing she didn't have Sean with her. She had enormous heels on. Let me see if I can find them.
Ugh. You know, if she wears the heels, she gets torn to shreds about how a mother shouldn't wear heels that throw off her balance. If she didn't wear the heels, she'd get torn to shreds about how frumpy she looks. She can't win. People are such jerks.

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#18 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 09:31 PM

Yeah, I'm glad she's always holding him, BUT in many of the pictures I've seen of her holding him, she is also holding an Avent bottle that is full of obviously full-strength applejuice. Or her mom or assistant or whoever she is with is holding it.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but I'm sure some younger girls are still watching every move Brit makes and they might be mamas now or soon, and little babies don't need juice in a bottle. Nobody really needs juice ever.

I've noticed it on magazine covers and everything. What gives, Brittney, give your boy some water or something!
#19 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 09:54 PM

I've read she has a nanny. Who knows if it's true...
#20 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned

Yah I'm glad she's always with S.P. and always holding him. And I do think the press should lay off because she is a mom and all mom's make mistakes.

But, I do think she should lay off the high heels.

And she's been pictured with her nanny holding S.P. and the nanny was the one with S.P. when he fell out of his highchair and had to be taken to the hosp. But regardless, she's with her baby more than 95% of all other celeb moms, so good for her! It's obvious she loves him and wants to spend a lot of time with him. But I think because she's a celeb maybe she didn't research the stuff we do, or take any classes or anything because she figured everyone else out there would help her.
#21 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've read she has a nanny. Who knows if it's true...
I'd have a nanny to help me out if I could afford one...
#22 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel
Me too!..It be so nice to take a shower alone more than once or twice a week.
#23 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 11:43 PM

Of course she has a nanny.

I've seen plenty of pictures of her without her baby (although they usually don't get published, the ones with the baby are worth more and garner more attention) and I've also seen published pics (People, US Weekly) with Britney sitting down and a nanny sitting behind her holding the baby and feeding him a bottle.

Do I think Britney loves her son to pieces? Yep and I'm sure she's proud of him. Do I think she could do a better job of keeping him out of the public eye? You betcha! Lots of celeb moms are with their kids most of the time, they just have ways of getting them to and from cars and locations that don't involve them being photographed at every turn.

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
#24 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel
I was raised with nannies and had a maid when I had dd (I was still living with my dad) and OMG do I wish I could afford one now!!! I have never felt that having nannies as a child was bad for us. We had two and my mom was a SAHM so we were always entertained so it was great that our needs were met at all times even if not by my mom. (we were 4 kids)

I really miss having that help!
#25 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine
Ugh. You know, if she wears the heels, she gets torn to shreds about how a mother shouldn't wear heels that throw off her balance. If she didn't wear the heels, she'd get torn to shreds about how frumpy she looks. She can't win. People are such jerks.
I honestly didn't mean that! I don't make the no heels = frumpy association (I never wear heels) but these ones looked like she'd break her ankle if she teetered on them.

I'll post the site, but please know that I think the comments there are extremely rude and way too harsh. I'm not endorsing or condoning them by posting this link.

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com...ike-cheap.html
#26 of 31 Old 06-02-2006, 12:01 AM

PS I agree with most of the things already said on this thread - I think she loves her son very, very much, and I think it's great she holds him so often (it would be wonderful if she wore him in a sling). But I think sometimes her choices are a little unwise (ie driving with the baby on her lap etc).
#27 of 31 Old 06-02-2006, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloli
I honestly didn't mean that! I don't make the no heels = frumpy association (I never wear heels) but these ones looked like she'd break her ankle if she teetered on them.
Oops, didn't mean to imply that you were one of the jerks who would get on her case for her non-high-heels fashion choices. I just mean that I feel like the gossip sites will climb all over her no matter what she does. Celebs get torn to shreds no matter what parenting/lifestyle choices they make.

And sure, to us regular shoes don't look frumpy, but we're not living the life of the pop star. Thank goodness!

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#28 of 31 Old 06-02-2006, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine
Oops, didn't mean to imply that you were one of the jerks who would get on her case for her non-high-heels fashion choices. I just mean that I feel like the gossip sites will climb all over her no matter what she does. Celebs get torn to shreds no matter what parenting/lifestyle choices they make.

And sure, to us regular shoes don't look frumpy, but we're not living the life of the pop star. Thank goodness!
Just me, but I couldn't wear high heals while pregnant and carrying a baby around....I don't know how she does it! I pretty much wear flip-flops the whole pregnancy b/c my feet swell in regular shoes. It must be hard for her to have that pressure to look good every time she's out in public.
#29 of 31 Old 06-02-2006, 06:50 PM

I'm pretty sure that I read she fired her nanny after the high chair incident and isn't going to have one now...
#30 of 31 Old 06-02-2006, 09:07 PM

wow, I'm sorry but I have to agree with some of the things said in that website. She doesn't look good at all! that picture makes us heels-wearers look bad

Carmen (who wears high heels in a stylish, modest way)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page