Peeing in a Pool... what's the big deal? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't pee in the pool. Ever. Never was in one as a kid, we lived near the ocean. Don't care WHO believes me or doesn't.

Really, how lazy can you get? I don't pee in my pants, it's just a regular rule. And when I'm at the lake, I get out and use the bathroom to pee. I know plenty of people don't bother, but plenty of people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, either. I do.

And after reading a thread sometime ago about how often some of you change your beds, and a more recent one about wearing your bras until they actually stink, I'm glad I only know you all on-line.

Basic hygeine and good manners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2006, 11:41 PM

I'm petrified of peeing in the ocean - I read somewhere once that most shark attacks occur just after the person has urinated. I'm one of those crazy people who get out of the ocean to walk for miles to find a toilet.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red

Sorry for being so disgusting and lazy. :
Old 07-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelJetA
Sorry for being so disgusting and lazy. :
You're forgiven. As long as you're not in MY pool!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
I don't pee in the pool. Ever. Never was in one as a kid, we lived near the ocean. Don't care WHO believes me or doesn't.

Really, how lazy can you get? I don't pee in my pants, it's just a regular rule. And when I'm at the lake, I get out and use the bathroom to pee. I know plenty of people don't bother, but plenty of people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, either. I do.

And after reading a thread sometime ago about how often some of you change your beds, and a more recent one about wearing your bras until they actually stink, I'm glad I only know you all on-line.

Yeouch.

ETA: My bra can stink after a day and a half. In my defense, I'm not a filthy person. Just a stinky one who sleeps in crusty sheets and pees all over town.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 AM

I never was a pool-pee-r. But now, after having two kids, it is sometimes beyond my control.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Red

I feel I need to apologize for my post. A few more smilies, a more pleasant attitude and a toned-down post would all have helped.

I was rude.

And BTW, there were some who said they changed their sheets only about every 6 weeks. Eek. And they weren't talking about changing their bras every day and a half, either. I can stink in only a few hours, esp if I've been down working with the pigs. Or just a hot day. I'm not a clean freak. (oh, I'm sooo glad you can't see my house!)

However, I consider most of you my friends. Re-reading my post, I find it offensive. Editing it seems like cheating, and now that it's been quoted, editing wouldn't help anyway.

I stand by peeing in the bathroom, or on a tree, etc. And I'll continue to change my clothes and bed regularly.

But I do apologize for posting a hard-nosed, unpleasant post. It's not my usual style.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:38 AM

Heya Red!
I'm not sensitive. I knew what you meant when you posted it! But (if I were you) I still wouldn't invite me over for a swim. : : : :

Old 07-14-2006, 01:46 AM

Wow, I'm surprised to read so many pee-phobic comments on MDC. Thought it'd be more on the side of not wasting the flush-water. But anyway . . .

ETA: orange juice is a good breeding grounds for bacteria too (coz it's full of sugars, vitamins, minerals, etc), but that doesn't stop me from drinking it.
Also . . . if you're ever stuck somewhere away from water, you can drink your own urine to stay alive. Just a little tip
Old 07-14-2006, 01:52 AM

Red - I knew my reaction was knee-jerk. That's why I edited. I can edit it again, if you'd like.

I think this thread is quite hilarious, actually.

Six weeks for sheets is nothin' sister. Though I'd not thought about it much before today, I've found I will swim in your body juices and sleep in my own nasty.

Who wants a hug?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemarie
Aside from lifting an alcoholic beverage to my face, swimming is my favorite physical activity. I will cheerfully swim in your body juices.
OK, that just REALLY cracked me up for some reason!!!

I also, even if I pee right before getting in the pool, still have a strong urge to pee once i get in water. Sometimes I hold it, sometimes I let it go. :
Old 07-14-2006, 01:59 AM
Red

chellemarie and FuelJetA, as long as you're not both pissy (pun intended!) about my post, I'mfine with it. Though I can always take a hug.

Uh, as long as you've showered.

Hmm, maybe I AM a clean freak! Just wait til I tell my dh!

My dh, who has never, to my knowledge, changed teh sheets.

Oh, goddess! Does HE pee in the pool!???????
Old 07-14-2006, 02:07 AM

Red, I bet he does!

I'll hug you in the morning after my shower.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

I wonder if anyone here saves water by washing their sheets in their pool!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilla626
I wonder if anyone here saves water by washing their sheets in their pool!
I used to wash various stuff in my pool as a kid. Like my shoes, myself, I think I went all summer without showering before, and lots of other various things. I have ridden my bike in my pool, scuba dived in it, gotten frogs and lots of dead stuff out...holy crap the fun you can have with a pool as a kid!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:51 PM

ive done it :
Old 07-14-2006, 11:02 PM

I've done it. I don't make a practice of it, but it doesn't freak me out. I was in a birthing pool for several hours and my midwives sanctioned peeing in the pool.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilla626
One of the kids said, "Hey Mr. K, I don't think that chemical you added works!"
: : : : : :
Old 07-14-2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabi Sabi
He he... I don't believe it when someone claims that they *NEVER* do it...
I never have. Not since I can remember, anyway.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle
Is that like jet-propulsion!! :

I don't see what the big deal is. I'd be a lot more concerned about fecal matter, mucous, saliva, etc etc. that's FLYING off our bodies every second, especially in a pool!
To me it's that you can't help the saliva and dead skin.
You CAN avoid peeing. I honestly thought that only little kids peed in pools. I never considered that adults (except maybe the Jerry Springer variety) would pee in pools deliberately.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I have a pool. I tell people to pee in it. I'd far rather that than them going into my house, dripping water all over the floor, and tracking stuff in on my carpet with their feet.

As a child, I never peed in the pool, but as an adult I realize it just doesn't matter. It's a big concrete hole in the ground full of water, chlorine, bugs, leaves and who knows what else.

Poop, yeah, go in the house, but pee is fine.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinksMommy
Thank you! I was waiting for someone to bring this up.

Whether or not you actually DO pee in the pool, don't you have a strong urge to pee when you get into water?

I'm like Shauna, even if I pee every drop I can the minute before I get in the pool or shower or whatever, I still really really have to pee when my body gets wet. I *can* control it if I have to, but it doesn't feel good.

So, do all of you really not feel a pee urge when you get wet?
No, I don't get that at all.
Breastfeeding makes me need to pee, though I don't .
Old 07-15-2006, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82
I never considered that adults (except maybe the Jerry Springer variety) would pee in pools deliberately.
You learn something new every day!
Old 07-15-2006, 01:18 AM

Okay, I think it would be fine in a big pool if it was just a few people. But at the public pool or where there are many people-- I mean the water may kill some of it but do you really want to swim under water and get someone's pee remnants in your mouth, nose, hair, vagina? The water filter takes about 30 mins to circulate the water back out of a pool.

When I go to the public pool/water park it's so nasty. There's a tot area that has about 50 kids in it and most are not PT and if they are you *never* see them asking to go to the bathroom. So would you want to be swimming in the pee of 50 kids all at once? I won't even talk about the times they have to close it down because someone pooped and their swim diaper didn't contain it.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 PM

SPARINGLY! When Japhart was 6, he found the pool a little too convenient a little too often, and it got to where you could tell it had been used as a toilet from looking at the water.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post

I have a pool. I tell people to pee in it. I'd far rather that than them going into my house, dripping water all over the floor, and tracking stuff in on my carpet with their feet.

As a child, I never peed in the pool, but as an adult I realize it just doesn't matter. It's a big concrete hole in the ground full of water, chlorine, bugs, leaves and who knows what else.

Poop, yeah, go in the house, but pee is fine.

Yeah, I'm with you there, the running in and out of the house dripping wet is ridiculous. The boys like to pee in the yard, but the ladies all pee in the pool. I don't swim much myself, but when I'm out watching the kids in the pool I slip into the pool to pee, rather than leave the kids alone or break off a conversation with a guest. I've urinated in pools all my life, I don't see any harm in it. After a good rain the pool water needs to be shocked or the ph and chlorine levels are unsafe, but I've never noticed a difference in the numbers after a dozen of us peed in it. 

User Tag List