I'll be taking a break from posting because... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
despite feeling like this is a place for ME away from the mainstream world, I cannot escape certain people. I'm aware MDC is a public forum, but it never occured to me that people in my life wouldn't do the decent thing and not spy on me!

I'm safe in TAO though, right?

So now I have to find a tactful way of telling someone I'm sorry she was hurt by some things I said, but she should have minded her own damn business in the first place.

So this is just a reminder, if you have nosy friends and family, you may not want to post things that you don't want them to see. Or keep yourself as anonymous as possible.

Who the hell goes through 1000+ posts just to pick out the ones that pissed her off and attack me with it?! :

I feel so violated. Ugh.
#2 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:18 AM

You could get a new name and come back with a vengence!
That's what I would do...I'm sorry this has happened to you though...that really sucks.

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#3 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:19 AM

Sorry that happened to you.
#4 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:21 AM

You are a better person than I am. I wouldn't apologize. This persom is either reeeeeally bored or really out to get you.

Sorry you had it happen.

Jenn
#5 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:22 AM

ive thouht of changing my sn for that reason. sorry that happened to you. ou could always say someone stole your identity!
#6 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:31 AM

That is a shame, I'm sorry to hear it. You could definitely get a new name, unassociated with the old one and start again. Whoever the person is should be none the wiser.
#7 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:38 AM

that stinks you are having a hard time w someone irl about these boards. i am sorry.

as a general rule, i try not to post anything on a public board like this, that i wouldn't say IRL. i wouldn't feel so hot if i read something about me a public board that hurt my feelings.

i hope you are able to work things out w your friend and go back to posting like normal!
#8 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:44 AM

my sister found i was pregnant when i wasnt ready to tell her because her BF randomly opened a thread i had posted on (it was in the history on his computer that i had used.. duh).. he said "so your sisted is pregnant..? why didnt yoiu tell me.." and she wa slike WTF#@Q$#^% it was horrible..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#9 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:57 AM

So sorry.

I always worry about someone I know IRL coming here and following my posts. But then I don't really say anything here that I would not say IRL. At least I try not to.

But, if they feel the need to come here and checkup on you, then they should not be angry for what you might say. Everyone needs a safe place to vent.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#10 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 02:58 AM

Oh, and you should be safe in TAO if they just started peeking on you. This is a 50/60 forum.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#11 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 03:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunam

Who the hell goes through 1000+ posts just to pick out the ones that pissed her off and attack me with it?! :

I feel so violated. Ugh.
I've been there. Many times, by the same certain people here at MDC. I took a break and returned after realizing that I let that them hurt me. It is pathetic that a person would have so much time on their hands and feel so much rancor towards another person that they would sit, for hours and hours, reading post after post just to find a few words they feel they can use against you. We have all done and said things that are stupid and foolish, that we are ashamed of. Dredging them up can hurt us if we let it. If they want to find posts and use them against us that says more about them than us.

Yes, it is true that a certain degree of anonymity is a good idea. But that does not mean that what they did is right.

MDC is a great place to vent and rant and share and love and support. Don't let anyone bring you down just because they are attempting to use something you wrote against you. Stand up tall and proud and tell them that you are not perfect but you love yourself anyway. Don't let them bring you down. They are the pathetic ones for dredging up old posts, not you for writing something.

It has taken me 40 years to realize this but laughing at it and moving past it is the best bet.

Don't change your name!

When you have egg on your face you can cry and withdraw to try and wash it off or you can wipe your eyes clean and move on with the party!
#12 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 04:06 AM

wow that SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. i am sorry your space was violated like that!!!
:
#13 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 06:44 AM

I would change your name and stay.
#14 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 09:12 AM

I can personally say that changing your name will NOT help. I had someone go through my 4000+ posts and harrass me with stuff (that was not about her).
I changed my user name, deleted my senior title and my sig.
But, she found me easily. If she knows where your posts are, she'll see that your name is now different.
Doesn't help. Don't change your name.

This thread will probably be locked or pulled but I hope you read this before that happens.
#15 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 09:49 AM

that person has waaaaay too much time on her hands!
#16 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunam
My sister. She did the same crap to me. At first I felt horrible and tried to tell her so, but now I don't care. This is my "home", not hers. She's not even the type of parent that would get anything out of this site. She just came here to snoop, that's it. I would just blow it off, if it were me. I wish I had done that in the first place instead of feeling bad about what SHE did.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#17 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 10:02 AM

i feel your pain.
#18 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 10:03 AM

What I don't understand is, why post a loving apology, and then come here and say you feel violated? Why not tell HER you feel violated?
#19 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Oh yes! I had a post like this a few weeks back. I'm pretty sure that my mom looked through some of my posts in some of the other forums, because she mentioned something that she could have only known from there. Not that she admitted it, but you know! I am glad that she can't read here, but it was a good learning experience to watch what I say here!

#20 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 10:15 AM

That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear you are going through that. I would feel violated and hurt as well.

The only people I could maybe get in trouble with are my MIL and SIL and lucky for me they wouldn't be caught dead on a Natural Family Living site

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#21 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 11:19 AM

The only person who would get po'd by my posts here would be my MIL, and she has no idea I'm on MDC!

Mama of three.

#22 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 12:04 PM

Ew.

My response would be wide-eyed & appalled. How terribly tacky. I'd not respond to a damned thing, & suggest she find volunteer work to more profitably fill up her spare time.

There is dichotomy to my thinking: A Wise Person once said, "If it's on the internet, it's not private". I do try not to say things I would back off from irl, attempt consistency, & exercise a modicum of restraint.

On the other hand, rl people looking for one online is kind of like reading someone's diary (hint: never read your child's friends' MySpaces out of curiosity & wondering if they will be your 'friend' since you get along so well, 'cool' mom that you are. My eyes!) Purposefully hunting someone down to 'confront' them is shameful & reflects very badly upon the hunter.

Shaunam, jettison this vulgar person & her opinions. If she brings it up, feign well-bred ignorance of her point. '"'I beg your pardon? You are mistaken." If you refuse to discuss, there is nothing she can do to pursue it. I'd literally turn my back if someone was so pushy as to continue.
#23 of 23 Old 09-05-2006, 01:26 PM

I'm sorry that this happened to you.

Please mamas- be careful what you post.

While I wish MDC was a safe haven, it is not. It is not a private board- anyone who wants to join, can join. There are too many mamas that are or were members of this community who have had their words used against them- by strangers, acquaintances, friends, family, exes, during the course of disagreements, court cases, CPS investigations, and more.

It is sad, but true.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page