I just cried like a baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I am so burnt out and so tired, I just broke down and sobbed because I couldn't thread my serger. Sewing is what I do to relieve stress, and so tonight I really needed to sew. My husband has been working 80 hours a week, and tonight he was finally home for a few hours. After about a 1/2 hour he starts getting cranky with the kids and tells me that he needs a break from them. I am really getting upset about this. I know they are a lot of work, but I deal with them all by myself all of the time with no break. Why is it that I am expected to do this, and he gets home and can't help me with them for even just a little while? So he goes upstairs to read while I feed them dinner, play blocks, give them a bath, get my ds ready for bed and put him down, and then homeschool my daughter and get her ready for bed. Then he graciously says he'll go up and go to bed with her so I don't have to read to her and snuggle her until she's a sleep. Gee, thanks, buddy, don't do me any favors. :

I just feel so undervalued. I work my tail off around here, and I never get to take a break, and I'm always so behind in the chores in the house. Why can't I just sit down and serge a stupid car seat cover?

Any tips with my serger? I have had nothing but trouble with it. It's a Riccar. My problem is threading it, I can't get the bottom looper threaded for anything. Can I serge without the bottom looper? Should I just sell it any buy another? I managed to get it threaded once, and it keeps somehow snapping the thread out of either the bottom looper or the needle. I don't know how it does it since the thread never looks broken. Is it just a piece of junk? I bought it used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No tips, no wise words.. jsut a
#3 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 01:37 AM

I don't have a serger so I cannot help you with that problem, but I feel overwhelmed too, and so far behind at home sometimes I feel like it will never look good or clean in here again. And I wonder if I will ever stop being tired, even when I do get a little break, it doesn't seem to help me for long. It's so hard sometimes!
#4 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 01:38 AM

I'm sorry you are feeling burnt out.

Shelley, mother, wife, sister, aunt, friend.
#5 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 02:30 AM

I'm so sorry, I hate threading the darned serger too. And my dh never does anything helpful, either. (OK, well he works. That's a pretty major contribution. But, still)

With the serger, did you try unthreading the needles, doing up the looper, and then threading the needles again? You always have to thread the needles last, or everything goes wrong.
#6 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 02:31 AM

No advice for the serger--I don't even know what a serger is--but I am so sorry you are having a bad time.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#7 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 02:40 AM

mama, give me a pm, i'll give you a call and talk to that 'buddy' of yours

Do you have a dunkin donuts nearby?
I always get in the car when i get to that point and take me a drive.
If you dont have one--- get in the car anyway and just go... it's real fun.
#8 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 03:01 AM

oops; dbl post

wild.gif  kickin' it old school
#9 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I just feel so undervalued. I work my tail off around here, and I never get to take a break, and I'm always so behind in the chores in the house.
I value you, SN, and I know the others here do, too. Men can be apes. Be gentle with your wonderful self. Please know that hundreds of women here value what you do, know how hard and draining it is, and appreciate every ounce of energy you devote to your family and home.

Oh, and I LOVE your user name. I just saw that episode again the other night. Too funny!

wild.gif  kickin' it old school
#10 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 11:18 AM

I don't work outside the home anymore and understand the hubby comes home and wants to veg. When my hubby works long hours like that, he needs time to unwind and "happy to see daddy" kids don't help the unwind process. We simply go with the flow those evenings and try to get along, yet not bounce all over, lol.

I understand....doesn't make it better though....definitely go out and get a donut or ice cream....that remedies about most everything.... hehe

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page