Do we need forum buddies to ease anxiety? Spinoff from anxiety thread. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-12-2006, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a spin off of the thread about which forums cause you anxiety.

Why do we do this to each other, cause anxiety in each other? Is this part of the mommy wars? Are we so unsure of our own practices that we put down others? Or, are we unsure of our parenting and do not defend it? (these are just guesses, by the way)

Why let forums here get you down to the point that you avoid them? What can be done to change things? Maybe we need forum buddies? If someone feels anxious about a certain forum, they need a buddy to help them wade through the BS until they feel comfortable.

I know that I felt uncomfortable in vax for a long time and I still do not enjoy that forum but I at least am not afraid of it anymore. And, sahming was too negative for me for a long time so I finally posted about that. For now it is better. I am not perfect and it took me a long time to spread my wings here, so to speak. What can we do to help others feel less anxious?
#2 of 7 Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 AM

I don't feel like anyone's actually judging me, it's all my own insecurities.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#3 of 7 Old 09-12-2006, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

But, see, that is what I mean. It makes me sad to read that GD is unfriendly to some or that vax is feared (for good reason, I agree). Maybe we should storm those forums and demand equal treatment!
#4 of 7 Old 09-12-2006, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boongirl
But, see, that is what I mean. It makes me sad to read that GD is unfriendly to some or that vax is feared (for good reason, I agree). Maybe we should storm those forums and demand equal treatment!
I don't understand what you mean by this.

#5 of 7 Old 09-12-2006, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2
I don't understand what you mean by this.
I was meaning that a bunch of mamas wrote in the other thread that they feel anxious in certain forums and avoid them. They mostly listed reasons that had something to do with having different opinions that were not respected or that their requests or input was ignored or dissed. So, I meant that everyone who feels that way should go over to those forums and write a thread about how their voice matters. For example, if you feel anxious about GD, post a thread stating this and asking that your voice be respected. There is no ideal GD way. Some mamas make it seem like there is. But, in reality, GD is just an attempt or a practice that is not physical or punitive. There are a lot of ways to do this. Rewards/no rewards. Time outs/no time outs. Consequences/no consequences. This can all be GD.
#6 of 7 Old 09-12-2006, 03:02 AM

I agree. i don't know what i'm going to do as far a GD with my kids... whatever feels right. I don't want to have to go against my instincts because someone says I'm doing it wrong.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#7 of 7 Old 09-12-2006, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

well then don't. It bugs me when people come in and say that a mama is doing something wrong because they follow this or that philosophy and if you don't then you are scarring your child for life. Like there is even one answer that will work for all humans. Be it breastfeeding, schooling, discipline, sleep, whatever, there is no one right way that will fit for everyone. Except cio and spanking and circ. Those are not allowed here!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page