A Penny - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2006, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, ds(just turned one) picked a penny up off of the laundry room floor this morning and I didn't know it. I layed him down for a new diaper and he put it into his mouth. I vaguly knew that he had something in his hand, but I thought it was a dried leaf that blew in last night when the kids came in. As I picked him up he began coughing, and I could tell right away it was a serious something in my throut (sp?) cough. But I still thought it was a chunk of leaf. I held him and he coughed and coughed and i could tell he was trying to spit it out. I held him over the sink and out came the penny! Right then I was suddenly really scared! I had no idea it was a PENNY! Man when I think about a penny being stuck in my kids throte (still dosnt look right, sp) I almost had a panic attack. I really need to get my CPR updated. And as an after thought, if he had actually just swallowed it I probably would have fainted when it came through the diaper! And what if it didn't? OK, no more coin money allowed in this house! Man it is a lot tougher to keep choking hazzards away with three kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
k passed a dime when she was just short of 12 months. we had no idea she swallowed it until my husband found it when changing her. it explained the tummy upsets, runny poo and refusing to sit on her bum the night before, though!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How scary! I am always afraid DD is going to find a coin DS has left somewhere and swallow it. You're right -- it is definitely harder to keep a house baby-proofed when you've got more than one kid!

User Tag List