Suprised At Things People Have Never Done - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That reminds me of another. I've never lived alone for more than a weekend. I lived at home, then in the Air Force dorms, then with STBX, now with DS.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#122 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sapphire_chan:: my "gross" comment regarding pedicures...
the thought of some stranger handling my gnarly feet skeeves me out.
#123 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Gross? What on earth do you think they do in a pedicure?
For me, I'm embarrassed, b/c I think I have ugly feet and toes, so I think it's gross for the person doing the pedicure to have to look/touch my feet. I once had a co-worker who got her first pedicure and the lady who did it said, "you've never had a pedicure before, have you?" She said it made her feel really bad, and I don't blame her for feeling bad, I would have felt bad too. As an RN, I have seen LOTS of gross, nasty feet before (and have to touch them, bleck), so I can't imagine making someone touch/look at your feet unless it's for medical reasons and they HAVE to do it. I could never be a podiatrist. Never.
#124 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 04:47 PM

My dad's wife never had asperigus (sp?) till she was served some at my grandma's two years ago. She was over fourty at the time, and we live in california, with lots of produce available.
#125 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 04:59 PM

i live in kentucky but grew up in Virginia and can't beleive the amounts of people who have never seen the ocean!! i guess b/c it was such a part of my life every summer for my first 20 years of life! i have never had a cavity, broken a bone or been on the west coast
#126 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 05:16 PM

My DH had never been on an airplane or gone to an amusement park until he met me. He still hasn't been to Mexico, but one day we'll take a trip there

Things I have never done...

The only things I could come up with is skiing (water or snow). The idea of either scares me.

I used to know a lady that had never been in an elevator. She was terrified of them and would take the stairs or just not go.
#127 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starleigh View Post
My dad's wife never had asperigus (sp?) till she was served some at my grandma's two years ago. She was over fourty at the time, and we live in california, with lots of produce available.
My in-laws (from GA), have never had asparagus, either. Well, kind of....my sil has had canned asparagus once, which I cannot imagine. Sounds horrible to me! They are all coming up for Thanksgiving and I'm tempted to get some asparagus to feed them while they're here! But it wouldn't get eaten since they're all terrified they'll die if something new crosses their lips (slight exaggeration...)
#128 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 PM

I thought of a new one. My mom had her first chinese take out when I was 15, making her 40. She doesn't like a lot of veggies and never realized that Chicken and Broccoli it just that, now she and my dad have it a few times a month.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#129 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 06:53 PM

In the 10 years since DH and I started dating, we've never once gone to the movies together.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#130 of 131 Old 11-20-2006, 07:23 PM

Last week I tasted salad dressing for the first time.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#131 of 131 Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't get why other people even care what I eat - or what anybody else eats. I've seen this on here before. I am not an adventurous eater. Most of the time, when I do try something new, I don't like it. Maybe other people don't mind always tasting stuff they don't like, but I do mind. It seems to take forever to take some tastes out of mouth, and spicy foods leave me feeling gross for hours. After being pushed into trying it at work, you couldn't pay me to eat sticky rice again...made me feel ill. So...I don't generally try anything really exotic. What's not to get? I don't go around saying, "I don't get people who like to try new foods"...none of my business.
Just want to "yeah that" this and your posts about not travelling... well, except for the fact that I am an adventurous eater & I like travelling... but I see where you're coming from. The posts about people posters know who eat little produce or don't eat sushi or tripe or whatever are reminding me of the food and classism thread from a bit back. And travel... I realize it's relatively easy to travel in our society and at this time in history, but really, being able to travel anywhere for enjoyment (or necessity), let alone in an automobile or an airplane, is for the extremely wealthy (relatively speaking).

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page