Well, the power is out... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2006, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A substation caught fire, according to the news that came on tv briefly. (I'm posting from dh's phone.) They say power is off for most of Washington & Yamhill counties. FIL is going to bring over a propane stove, a lantern, & some extra candles. We've got lots of canned food & blankets. Stay warm, PDX mamas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2006, 03:41 AM

We are out in western Washington too. Since just after dinner on Thursday. HUGE tree fell on our neighbor's house. Trees and power lines down everywhere. But towns 20 and 30 minutes from us are coming back so I'm hopeful that maybe tomorrow we'll have power? Running on a generator now, but it is still cold in here... At least we have lights, tv, and computer though!
Old 12-17-2006, 04:50 AM

We had friends over today who are w/o power, we tried to get them to stay but they were hopeful that it'd be restored. I just called her a bit ago asking them to come back, it's supposed to be 21 degrees here tonight....she said if it got too cold that they would. We never lost power here, friends in Olympia and Tacoma are still without.

You probably already know this but just in case......be careful with the propane in the house, let some fresh air in now and again.

I hope power is restored soon!
Old 12-17-2006, 04:57 AM

Lots of power outages here in BC too. We have had so many the last few weeks that we are well prepared. Our main problem is no water when no power so we have to get it from the creek which is not very convenient! Or if it is raining I can put out buckets. And no computer with no power either!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Ooh! We've got power now. It was only off for a few hours. A transformer fire is what caused it. We heard LOTS of sirens just after the lights went out.

User Tag List