I'm so stressed out - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2007, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am presented with a once in a lifetime opportunity. My schooling, children's daycare, transportation costs paid for. This offer is only valid until the summer. So I can't put it off and do it later. I've chosen to do the Health Care Aide course, which takes 6 months. 3 days a week, 9 hours a day. In the total of 6 months my kids would need to be in daycare for 42 days. The rest of the time it will be me or daddy who takes care of them.

My sister and I had arranged for her and her daughter (9 months) to come out here and watch the kids in my home. I asked her at LEAST 10 times if she was comfortable with that and she kept telling me yes yes yes yes. Yesterday I told my mom "I keep asking her if she is sure she wants to do it becuase it's going to be a lot of work and she keeps assuring me that it's fine". My mom says "you want me to be honest with you?" I said "well DUH! Of course!". Mom says "well she thinks its going to be way too hard, but she doesn't want to hurt your feelings". So I get off the phone with my mom and I was a bit angry so I didn't want to call my sister yet. Phone rings a few minutes later and it's my sister. She's crying and explains to me that she was going to do it, but she didn't know if she could do it the whole time. So I can't do that because I need someone who is reliable so my sister says she won't do it. So she leaves me high and dry. I need to have a daycare provider in place by MONDAY when I submit my formal application for funding.

Anyways, I call the 3 daycares in town....all 3 are full with a one year wiating list. I call some LNR (licence not required) daycares and all are full with even longer waiting lists. I finally get a hold of a lady who is in the paper looking to babysit and she says sure come meet me tommorow (Sat) and see if the kids and I get along. Great! So I'm feeling a lot less stressed and am just keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out. Two hours after I talk to her the phone rings and it's her saying she's changed her mind and she's going to have to decline.

So now I don't know what to do. If I can't find anyone to watch my kids I'm going to have to cancel my schooling and then get a job flipping burgers when they go to school full time (4 years from now) because I have no employable skills and there are no well paying jobs here.

I'm so stressed out and I can't stop crying! Why does life have to be so difficult. I wouldn't even be in this situation if my sister had been honest with me from the beginning. I could've had more time to look for childcare. : : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 04:12 PM

I'm sorry. That's frustrating that your sister wasn't honest with you initially. Could you begin the program with sister watching kids, all the while looking to replace her? She might be more comfortable knowing it won't last as long as originally planned, and you'd buy some time. If you couldn't end up finding someone, what happens if you drop out of the program? Again, I'm sorry. I hope things work out.

Rachel, married to Andy, mama to Aubrey, Lauren, Sasha, and *surprise* Baby #4, due November, 2011
Old 02-02-2007, 04:13 PM

Oh no! That sucks.

I don't have any suggestions, but could your sister maybe watch them for at least the first couple of weeks until you find someone else? Explain to her that by not giving you more notice (I understand her not wanting to hurt your feelings, but come ON : ) she's left you in a bind.

I hope it all works out for you!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately I can't do that because it is government funded so it will go on my sisters T4 for taxable income. : So even if I found someone else to give the money to, it would be under my sisters name.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:25 PM

Do you have a college or community college in your area. Might be a place to look for a care provider.

Mom to Kira March 2009

User Tag List