Im so stressed out right now - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I am 33 weeks pregnant and I am so not ready. I have a few newborn dipes, but Im not even sure if I have enough that I can get thorugh with washing every day. I think that with the sleepers that I have that we will have enough clothes, but I sold off most of dd's clothes after she outgrew them until she hit the 12 month size and so I am not really sure on that either. Then when she moves to smalls I have like 5 diapers, and some prefolds but not even really very many of those. I didn't start cding dd until she was in size larges and then I got some mediums as she was slimming down, but really I have nothing.
We have NO money, can't even keep the rent paid current and even if we get a tax return and I can get it before the babe is born I have to pay off some past bills with it because they are becoming an issue.

GRR I hate being stressed and Ic an't seem to find even some ffs dipes on the boards!

Ok vent over
Hugs
Jessica
#2 of 9 Old 02-08-2007, 11:14 PM

Oh mama!

I wish I had some newborn or even small dipes to help you with but I have never cd'ed a newborn or small babe.
#3 of 9 Old 02-08-2007, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Hugs mama thanks, I did apply for miracle diapers help but I don't know if they will be able to help me in time as they have a 2 month wait time. I know my sis applied with them and recieved no help which I know has to do with what they have available
Hugs
Jessica
#4 of 9 Old 02-08-2007, 11:23 PM

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It is a tough situation.
#5 of 9 Old 02-08-2007, 11:23 PM
A&A

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
http://www.modestneeds.org/

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#6 of 9 Old 02-08-2007, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

I have applied with modest needs for some help with our rent and or utilities so we will see if I hear something there soon. It is just not fun we are trying to totally get out of all of our old debt which is coming but when you have no money coming in then they start to get not nice to you about it. I know of at least 1 that I am sure that they have filed for a judgement against us for, which there isn't anything I can do about it. They wouldn't work with me on the amount that I could send it. When I don't have 100.00 to send out I can't send it ya know. So if we can get a tax refund that will be the first place it goes, then to the others. I am getting the debt paid down and we live very frugally, actually the amount of food stamps we get a month right now is about double what I would normally spend on groceries so I have been stocking up on things that we use a lot so that we hvae them but I am one that refuses to buy things that I won't or don't like to use just to use the money up.
#7 of 9 Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 AM

Hey, I am still thinking about you. I don't have any little dipes (my DD is wearing mediums and that is the smallest we have) but DH and I were just sorting through some extra stuff we have...if you need any little clothes we have some stuff. NOT much, but if you want it I could send it to you. Do you know whether you are having a boy or a girl? Most of what we have left is girly stuff...but I can check to see if we have anything else.

PM me if you want...I understand the situation you are in
#8 of 9 Old 02-09-2007, 12:55 AM

i dont thin k i have any newborn dipes but i will look. if worse comes to worse can you cut some larger dipers down to a good size and just hem them? if you have prefolds it might work? also call some local food banks etc and see if you can get disposables donated just in case? i know thats not very NFL but if you are really worried it might make you feel better to have those as backup?
#9 of 9 Old 02-09-2007, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

I had not thought about checking with the food pantry for diapers. I know that we are able to go to the one that is for families with children that is also part of our wic the beginning of March and they ask us if we need that stuff when we go. They only allow you to go once every 3 months but they are one of the nicest and give out necessities not just food when you go in.
I will check there.

Thanks for the htoughts ladies, it means a lot. It has just been a stressful couple of months and all I can hope for is that things start to warm up so that construction picks up. This last couple weeks there hasn't been much for work so it is even harder.

Hugs
Jessica

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page