Ever had one of those "I CANNOT laugh right now" parenting moments - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So yesterday ds got sent home from school for cursing at some guys working on the roof at school. The day before he had called a little girl the 'b' word and had detention (the school just handled that one their own, I had no idea until yesterday)....
Anyway, I had ds write letters to his teacher for disrupting the class and to the little girl who he called a name. The guys on the roof wouldn't have been back today or he would have written them as well.

So ds comes out with his letters, and the one to the teacher was fine, Sorry I disrupted class, please accept my apology, etc.

But the one to the little girl said.....

Dear S, I am sorry for calling you a 'b'word (he actually spelled it out...correctly ) Please forgive me. From, E

I almost wet myself and was trying SOOOOOO hard not to laugh :
I told him to go rewrite it WITHOUT the curse word and to mention that he was also sorry if he hurt her feelings....the second attempt came out just fine....but oh boy...that first letter was hilarious....and I am keeping it in my ds' scrapbook for when he gets older so I can laugh about it with him:

True Love is here....to stay!
#2 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We were at a bbq once and the kids were playing with chalk. DD was carrying a container of chalk and it tipped and a few of them hit the ground and broke.

DD (4 at the time) exclaimed, "Aw, f*#k! I broke my chalk!"
#3 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma of monkeys View Post
But the one to the little girl said.....

Dear S, I am sorry for calling you a 'b'word (he actually spelled it out...correctly ) Please forgive me. From, E
: you gotta love kids for not mincing words.
#4 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

btw...ds doesn't like that little girl because she is a tattle tale....I've gotta come up with some less offensive things for ds to say when he is mad....oh boy, just thinking about that letter makes me laugh and laugh :

#5 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 PM

I've had one of those moments every time my kid has used a curse word. So far, my "don't ever say that around anyone except daddy or me" line has worked.
#6 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 04:22 PM

Two years ago I was getting out the Christmas ornaments and one was not clearly something - and then 5 year old DD said "What the hell is this?" I had to leave the room.
#7 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 04:22 PM

I don't know that I could laugh about my children using those words.
#8 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownmom3 View Post
I don't know that I could laugh about my children using those words.

It's not the word that was funny...that was rude on ds' part...but the letter he wrote to apologize was priceless

#9 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma of monkeys View Post
It's not the word that was funny...that was rude on ds' part...but the letter he wrote to apologize was priceless

I guess i just don't get it.
#10 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Soooo, a few days ago some clever fellow in an Escalade pulled-out in front of me (from a full stop) at a stop sign, as I was taking DS home from daycare.

I get extra-special mad when people drive like that when DS is in the car, and I involuntarily exclaimed "What the f***?!?".

Two days later, I again have to slam on the breaks because some other genius pulled-out in front of me, and what do I hear from the back seat but my two-year old saying "What the f***, Mama?".

I think I liked it better when I'd slam on the breaks and he'd go "weeeeeeee!".

Mooooom! to  guitar.gifDS (1/05) and whistling.gifDSS (11/05).  TTC fingersx.gifour "ours" after VR on 10/12.  

#11 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 10:07 PM

When dd 1 was 3-ish, she was messing with a balloon in the kitchen and sat on it. It popped. She turned to dp and said, "daddy, that scared the sh!t out of me!"

Oh, my, I still laugh about that one.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#12 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 PM

I was babysitting my roommates nephews (then 3, 5, 7). We set up my pop up tent in the dining room and the boys were "camping" while I was in the kitchen making lunch.

The 5 y.o. comes in (and he had a very cute speech thing at that time) and proceeds to tell me that 7 y.o. "said F-ing!" (he said the full word)

No sooner did he finish saying it does 7 y.o. come stomping in yelling, "I DIDN'T SAY F-ING!" (full word again).

Well, true to form the 3 y.o. who has to do and say everything that his brothers do/say comes in and says "Who said f-ing?" (full word again)

It took every ounce of energy I could muster to not laugh and tell them all not to say the word again, go and finish playing and lunch will be ready. I had to go into the bathroom to silently let my laughter out. My stomach hurt SO bad from laughing!
#13 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 10:17 PM

Well unfortunatly (or not, or whatever) my son hasn't used swear words in a context like above - which are actually funny. Fortunatly he hasn't used swear words much at all (nor do we) so it hasn't been an issue.

Anyhow....

What he does do that is funny is come up with mispronunciations of words that I find very funny
tormato = tornado
lello = yellow
sun scream = sunscreen
cheese-itz = Jesus

The "tormado" word is new and "cheese-itz" almost always pushes me over the edge. Talking about great-grandma in the garden with "cheeze-itz" brings me to tears from biting back laughter.
#14 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 10:25 PM

A year or so ago my middle dd who was 3ish was doing something and yelled "that stupid...." and I said remember dd we don't use stupid, it isn't a very noce word and she looked at me w/ her enormous blue eyes and said you mean like damn it and f-it(full word). She was so innocent about it that I had to leave the room because I was trying hard not to burst out laughing!

My other one is when my oldest was about 5. She was playing a game and she had to move back however many spaces and she said "dad would say that's a damn it!" I had to call dh and say "Busted! It's NOT my mom but YOU she's picking that word up from!"
#15 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 PM

that is funny. Kids are so straight forward.

I have no idea why little kids saying swear words are so hilarious. I think it is the seriousness they put behind it.
I know when my dd was younger, and would say, "F---!" , or "what the HELL?!" I would LOOSE it! (in a happy, laughing loose it sort of way).
#16 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 10:43 PM

When dd was just over 1 she was in that bitting stage. Well she got mad at me once because I wouldn't let her do something and she was standing in front of me kinda between my legs. Well she turns her head up and bites me on my upper inner thigh. It tickled me pretty good and I was trying not to laugh while trying to get the point across not to bite.
#17 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 PM

About 6 months ago, I was driving with DD. My city is famous for having lanes that dissapear. You know-the third lane blends into the next one? Well, some doink always has to use that lane to get ahead of you. This one guy came flying up beside me and cut me off and came inches from causing an accident.
I was surprised and pissed. So I yelled 'effing ahole (full word)-and honked.

Next day, I honked at someone and hear DD yell from the back seat "effing hole!!"
This happened for about 2 weeks. Whenever she heard a horn honk-mine or someone elses, she's yell out.
THEN, it happened at the dinner table at the IL's. Someone drove by and honked.
I thought I would need to do the hymlich on my poor uptight British FIL.
#18 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 11:16 PM

When my cousin was around 2, we were visiting a friend that had a 2 story house (he had never been in a 2 story house) Someone started moving upsttairs, so he looks up, and says "what the hell was that? then, he gets downon his hands and knees to ask the dog "pebbles, what the hell is that?" Saadly, this cousins first spoken words were "g-dam it J" but his mom isnt in the picture anymore.

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

#19 of 21 Old 05-11-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEZMama View Post

I was babysitting my roommates nephews (then 3, 5, 7). We set up my pop up tent in the dining room and the boys were "camping" while I was in the kitchen making lunch.

The 5 y.o. comes in (and he had a very cute speech thing at that time) and proceeds to tell me that 7 y.o. "said F-ing!" (he said the full word)

No sooner did he finish saying it does 7 y.o. come stomping in yelling, "I DIDN'T SAY F-ING!" (full word again).

Well, true to form the 3 y.o. who has to do and say everything that his brothers do/say comes in and says "Who said f-ing?" (full word again)
too funny!
I had one tonight... but I laughed so I guess dang and sucks will be repeated on a regular basis now...
Dd is 28 months
When I was cooking dinner, Hypatia was of course
"helping" right next to me. I was making some thai
peanut sauce and I had the spatula to scrape the stuff
out of the blender and multi-tasking, I swung my arm
around and swiped her hair wilth the spatula getting
peanut butter sauce all in her hair which is going to
be a BIG pain in the butt to get out...
So I say "oh no I am sorry" So she goes "I'm sorry I didn't mean to
do it" Then I say, "you don't have to apologize I'm
the one that messed up your hair you should be angry"
She replies, "Mommy! I am angry you got dang peanut
butter in my hair! that sucks!"
lolololol I couldn't help but laugh.
#20 of 21 Old 05-12-2007, 03:32 AM

nott o anyone else, but my son put chocolate on a bed, then told his dad it needed chocolate and err. "f you" cause he told him it didnt need chocolate, and hed just put those sheets on after washing...then he stuck him in time out and he said "oh, s#it!"
today. at 26 months. lovely. oh, then he learned really suddenly how to say "i sorry!"

and a couple weeks ago, his dad was outside and our son tried to get out....his dad didnt want him outside \so stood against the door. our son opened it when he moved from there, aand spit at him and yeelled a-hole..but actually said it.
i CAN TOTALLY see my son doing that!! i have to try not to laugh a LOT and also turn my head a lot and cover my face because it shocks e what he does sometimes and its so funny..but it shouldnt be!!

id have been laughing, too, it just sounds so funny, i mean like i asid, i know its NOT exactly, but..the things that come out of little kids heads!

and come to think of it, he cusses a lot around their dad.. hmm..and he tries to blame it on me, unless hes around, i NEVER hear the kid cuss. riiight! hmm..
#21 of 21 Old 05-12-2007, 06:06 AM

Potty training DD - she peed in her panties, came in the bathroom saying "f---."

Jenn

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page