I need help writing a letter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We had Direct TV and we put our service on hold while we did not have a place to have it hooked up. They turned our service back on with out informing us so they charged us for service with not address to connect it to.
I called them and worked it out and they took the charges off. So I thought. One person told us we did have a commitment to them so we could not cancel our service. Then, later we were told we did not have a commitment anymore.

We paid our past due amount but they acted like that was not good enough and kept charging us. We have not had service since Feb. Now they are trying to charge us for 3 months worth of service and a disconnect charge for breaking our commitment.

Every time I talked to someone they told us something different. I wrote down the last person's name and number I talked to but I can't find that paper! I called Direct TV but they gave me a address to write a letter of dispute to and will not tell me the supervisor of that department's name. They will not talk to me on the phone about and kept saying I have to write a letter! I don't have time for this. I guess they figure that and thats why they do this so people just break down and pay them.
How should I write the letter? How long should it be, how nice should it be? They are trying to rip us off. It has been one thing after another with them. I'm not paying them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-22-2007, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my! I wanted to bump for you. I am no good at letter writing, that is DHs job. Hope it clears up for you soon.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page