oh god x-posted in parents as partners - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so my dh just came at me with, you don't do enough to keep the house clean, I don't want to cosleep with Leila anymore, I want you to wean at 2 and I want to have more "date nights". First things first I'm fine with "date nights" and could prolly work something out. To the rest I said no I exhaust myself daily doing housework, I love cosleeping and it works perfectly for dd and I and really he sleeps like a rock anyway and is rarely effected by it, Breastfeeding should be a decision between mother and child. In the middle of the conversation he just came out and said "I just want a divorce because he will never be in controll of me and its to difficult to be a husband and father". I'm at a total loss we just found out dd and I get to stay here and are not being sent stateside and then after the hearing he just came home and said this.....:
#2 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 04:59 AM

#3 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 06:58 AM

#4 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 07:18 AM

Sounds like a lot has been on his mind lately and has been building up and finally spilled over. Not fair to you since you had no idea it all was coming. Now that he has let it all out, will he be able to sit and talk rationally with you? Is there a helpful third party that could mediate for you? Good thoughts and hugs to you.

Kim , mom to Amanda (16):, William (13), and Annie (5)
#5 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 08:12 AM

#6 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy444 View Post

Sounds like a lot has been on his mind lately and has been building up and finally spilled over. Not fair to you since you had no idea it all was coming. Now that he has let it all out, will he be able to sit and talk rationally with you? Is there a helpful third party that could mediate for you? Good thoughts and hugs to you.

I am so sorry, mama.

I agree the above post. It sounds like he has a HUGE amount of talking he needs to do. Mediation, a weekend away, a date night, something. He needs time with you to talk, preferably without the baby diverting your attention.

I know my dh gets overwhelmed when we don't have enough time together as a couple and he went through a rough year when our first baby was born. Suddenly, it wasn't the two of us sharing our time and bed. It was me and the baby and he felt completely left out of the arrangement. We made some changes and made more time for each other. It helped, but there was a while where it was just hard on us.

Anyway, I just want to offer support and empathy.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#7 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 09:02 AM

A third party could be very helpful. i'm so sorry!
#8 of 8 Old 08-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Please reply to this mama's thread in PasP here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=740954

treqi

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page