Online photo printing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2007, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope this is an ok place to put this! Do you print photos or make photo projects online? If so tell me about your favorite place to do this!! I would like a place to print photos for myself and to send to my mom and a place to make photobooks. Thanks!!

SJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Check out MPIX.com. They're a great comsumer lab. I really like their press printed books too, for a more affordable option. I always design the layout in photoshop, but I believe they have templates you can use. Turnaround is super quick too. Here's a link to a book I made. It's a 10x10 20 page book. http://nicole-hensley.com/Samantha/ I can take a few quick pics of the actual book if you'd like.

The only other places I've tried that are available to the general public are blurb (ok), mypublisher (rather unimpressive, but ok), and lulu (color was horrible).
Old 09-02-2007, 02:51 PM

Not quite sure if this is what you're looking for, but I LOVE snapfish.com

Pictures come out great.

lady.gif
Old 09-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
Not quite sure if this is what you're looking for, but I LOVE snapfish.com

Pictures come out great.
I use snapfish for not gallery-ish pictures too. They tend to have good deals and shipping always has been fast for me in the past.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:14 PM

I've always used Ofoto, which is now Kodak Gallery. I designed my wedding album on their website, and I am very happy with it. I've had all my photos printed from there the last 4 years or so. If you buy a frame for a picture they're printing, they'll put it in the frame for you free of charge (for those procrastinators like me), and they do it without smudging or putting fingerprints on the photo or the glass (how do they do that?). It's really great for those photos you're going to send to grandma, you can see how the pic will look in the frame before buying it, they'll frame it and you can even have them ship it direct!

They'll also digitize film. I had disposable cameras on the tables at my wedding, I shipped them there, and they digitized them for me.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 09-02-2007, 03:53 PM

anyplace but CVS online!!! the one where you order online and pick up locally...i ordered some photos last christmas, and went to pick them up and one of DS and friend playing naked in the sprinklers was missing!!!!!: they were all doubles, and i had one, but not the double. and the count said they all should be there! i was p!ssed. CVS dealt with it horribly too!! i went to the store with DH and i couldn't help but be an emotional wreck, and the manager was an a#*. they never even refunded me for me "missing" print. haven't been to a CVS since! still makes me sick to think that there may possibly be a pick of DS out there somewhere: :
Old 09-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

I wouldn't use CVS online either but that is because they do a terrible job of color adjustment. As for the pics of naked kids, I wouldn't ever print those up using CVS or any other photo site. First, as long as they have a digital copy of the pic, it can be redistributed or printed freely. Second, it is not unheard of for employees of these places to call CPS on moms who print up naked pics of their kids. I just don't want someone else making a judgment call about whether something is decent especially in the (a)moral town I live in now.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland42 View Post
I wouldn't use CVS online either but that is because they do a terrible job of color adjustment. As for the pics of naked kids, I wouldn't ever print those up using CVS or any other photo site. First, as long as they have a digital copy of the pic, it can be redistributed or printed freely. Second, it is not unheard of for employees of these places to call CPS on moms who print up naked pics of their kids. I just don't want someone else making a judgment call about whether something is decent especially in the (a)moral town I live in now.
we now have the best little printer so we don't have to use anyone else: http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH

after the incident, my parents bought this for us for christmas. aren't my parents adorable you don't even have to hook it up to the comp. you can just stick the card in the printer and look at them in the little screen on the printer OR hook it up to the printer.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon View Post
we now have the best little printer so we don't have to use anyone else: http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH

after the incident, my parents bought this for us for christmas. aren't my parents adorable you don't even have to hook it up to the comp. you can just stick the card in the printer and look at them in the little screen on the printer OR hook it up to the printer.
That is cute.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I love snapfish. Winkflash is good too, I believe they have $.99 flat rate shipping.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 09-02-2007, 05:18 PM

I'll second the plug for MPIX.com. Fantastic quality, great price, and very quick turnaround! Lots of choices for sizes of prints, types (matte, glossy, metallic, even linen I think?), etc.

I've used Photoworks.com for calendars before, and the quality is great, and the customer service was beyond fantastic when the shipping company dropped the ball.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 09-02-2007, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I'll go check out the websites! I am horrible about sending my mom pictures of the boys so anywhere that has good print quality, is inexpensive and will ship directly to her is great. Thanks again!

SJ

User Tag List