Have you ever....? link to original story, post 25 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Have you ever forgotten your baby in the car, even for a minute?
No, never. 147 90.18%
Started to walk away, didn't really forget. 4 2.45%
Walked away, remembered while still close by 9 5.52%
Completely spaced it, god I'm lucky to have avoided disaster! 3 1.84%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

#61 of 64 Old 09-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no, thank God! But i've forgotten everything else, and I've forgotten to buckle her in more than once. i've left countless cups of coffee on top of the car, trunk open, coat hanging out of the door, etc. I'm very thankful it was never dd!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 64 Old 09-04-2007, 05:49 PM

My daughter locked me out of the van once.
After I put my diaper bag (which also held my keys and cell phone) on the front passenger seat, had strapped Sophia in, and Abigail had run up to the driver's seat pushing buttons on the door.
I got her and strapped her in, closed the power sliding door with the button on the inside of the door frame, and as it shut, I heard 'click-click' as all the doors locked. : and I was so terrified.
I flagged down the first driver (I was in a covered parking garage at the hospital) and she had a cell phone.
I called the cab company to get the lock opened.
They couldn't find me.
I had to get someone in the hospital to call security to see if he could unlock my van. He let me borrow his cell phone to call cab company again.
This whole time, my babes were sleeping soundly in their carseats and I was a nervouc wreck, for about an hour.
Finally, the cab showed up, claiming he couldn't find my car because he was in the wrong parking lot. I told him, I said, level one of the covered parking in the front row. He said he was told the front parking lot.
Yeah, then why would I say level 1?:
Anyway, everyone was fine and I learned a lesson. Abigail is always way quicker and much more clever than I give her credit for, and I give her a lot of credit.

ETA:
Oh yeah, the other lesson learned. Always keep my keys and cell phone on me, even if I don't have any pockets that day.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#63 of 64 Old 09-04-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobica View Post
no, thank God! But i've forgotten everything else, and I've forgotten to buckle her in more than once. i've left countless cups of coffee on top of the car, trunk open, coat hanging out of the door, etc. I'm very thankful it was never dd!
This is me. I forget something nearly every day (today it was my gym shoes and water bottle), and it terrifies me to think about ever forgetting the baby. Fortunately I basically never drive except when DS is in the car, so it is ingrained habit to look for him.
#64 of 64 Old 09-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

I voted I've never forgotten my child.

HOWEVER, there was one time I'd gone out with BFs mother. We came back to my place, and I was unloading the heavy items from the back of the van. The baby was buckled in on BF's moms side of the van, and I assumed that she grabbed her. I got everything inside, turned around to BFs mom who had followed me inside and thanked her for taking me out that day. She responded "Aren't you going to get your baby?!" Apparantly she got distracted doing something else, and didn't get the baby like I thought she did. But the van was parked RIGHT THERE just a few feet from the back porch.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page