Do you wear PJ bottoms in public? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2007, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahr View Post
Everyone can walk around in scuba gear for all I care.
: I think the flippers might be a safety hazard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2007, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw826 View Post
What's wrong with just rolling out of bed? I'm of the firm belief that everyone should be happy that I even got out of bed in the morning. :
My soul mate!

I don't wear sweats out of the house. A big saying in our house, as BSD touched on earlier is (from Seinfeld) "I give up!". That is what sweats say.

Pajama pants, no, I won't wear those out either. Except at the last minute sometimes to water the grass or pick a couple weeds.

I strip every time I come in the house. Sweats/jammies on. WHen I go out- real clothes go on. I don't know why. When I'm home I'm either snuggling in bed with kids or cleaning, and I don't like getting my "real" clothes all yucky. I pay alot for them and the more I wash them the faster they wear

But, I also wear slippers around the house, hate shoes in the house, and sometimes I get so flustered trying to get everyone out that I forget to get my real shoes on, so I am frequently seen dressed nice in slippers

But I honestly don't care what other people do, my stuff is more just my habits. ALthough, like someone else said, someone reaching for cereal in a nightgown migh cause me to pause.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog View Post
I would define PJ pants as things that are sold in the "sleepwear" or "loungewear" department of a store. Generally loose-fitting and cotton sometimes with a drawstring and real or fake buttons in front. Can be solid color but often feature some kind of print, perhaps involving stripes or penguins or cats holding coffee mugs.

Yoga pants, track pants, etc, are slightly different. They are sold in the "active wear" department or something similar. They usually have a little more structure and thickness to them and NEVER feature cats holding coffee mugs.
Oh my god, I just saw this : not sure why it is that funny, but it is!!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@ cats holding coffee mugs

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 09-30-2007, 02:04 AM

yes- frequently.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
Old 09-30-2007, 02:38 AM

I don't, I can't, I refuse to do it. I wear PJs, yoga pants, and track pants around the house, but I won't wear them out of doors -- I feel like I'm naked if I'm wearing even sweats outside. Okay, I wore sweatpants when I was 41 weeks pregnant, and I sometimes wear them when I'm really sick, but other than that, I can't bring myself to do it, even to take the trash out. I just feel so exposed and vulnerable when I'm wearing PJs outside.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
@ cats holding coffee mugs
that is seriously funny!

No, I don't wear pajama pants out of the house.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:52 AM

Sometimes I fall asleep in my clothes and I will wear those same clothes the next day..however I haven't even worn my actual pajama pants out of the house.
some of you may recall when I wore my sweats to Target I got called, "lazy" so beware the fashion police are out there and they are yelling at people.

all that said..I don't care what anyone wears but if it looks funny I will chuckle.

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
Old 09-30-2007, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sure, all the time. With a tank top with contrasting colour bra straps showing.

Nah, kidding. I don't ever wear PJ pants out, and only wear yoga pants out (my uniform around the house) occasionally for kid drop off or to work out.

I used to live in the city, and when we moved out here to the suburbs, I remember being surprised by the outfits I saw at the mall. My mom commented that I really had moved to the burbs when we were waiting for a table in a restaurant and a guy walked in wearing sweats tucked into cowboy boots.

Mom to a teenager and a middle schooler.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:44 AM
Banned

Twice in the same week. I was feeling super crappy and kept having to leave the house at like 10pm for a store run. I have these extra big, extra comfy flannel pajama pants with the Roamin' Gnome printed all over them. I cut them off to be pajama shorts and I'll be darned if they aren't a fashion statement waiting to happen.

No one messes with my Gnomes.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:02 AM

Absolutely not!

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
Old 09-30-2007, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilla626 View Post
Same here. If apathy and fatigue were clothing, they would be pajama pants.
Hence me wearing them every single day to school senior year of high school. Seriously, gaining way more weight than I should carry on my small frame (but no one had the heart to bring me to the gym with them and Mom refused to stop buying the damned doritos), way more school pressure than I could handle, a long-distance boyfriend who I should have dumped before we started "dating," college applications, senior project, an internship at the middle school with kids who couldn't care less, and constant fights with my mom over every.little.thing. Yeah, hello depression, hello PJs and XXL men's hoodies.

Now? Nearly 10 years later? You wouldn't catch me DEAD in public in PJ pants. And when my husband runs up the street at 9:30 p.m. for ice cream and kitty litter in his $3 soccer sandals (I call them his "ugly shoes") and PJ pants with the hole in the knee you can BET I groan. SO TACKY.

Yoga pants are ok if you're on your way to the gym. Jogging suits are ok if you're jogging. Velour is ok if it's 1973. PJ pants are ok if you're home. Otherwise? No. Just no.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnk View Post
Yoga pants are ok if you're on your way to the gym. Jogging suits are ok if you're jogging. Velour is ok if it's 1973. PJ pants are ok if you're home. Otherwise? No. Just no.

LOL! I disagree (respectfully of course) with most of this, but the bolded part is just freaking funny.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 10-01-2007, 03:18 PM

Wow, I had replied w/o reading anything but OP....I live in Phoenix, it's hot most of the year and I prefer comfort to fashion (I am an old school punk anyways, so the fashion police don't dig me in the first place)
I wear flip flops, I own about 15+ pairs, some casual some 'dressy'....I wear my Barrel of Monkeys Pj bottoms with a tank top out, my leopard print ones (I have both flannel and silk), my furry leopard slippers, etc, etc....
I do not own sweat pants though I do own several varieties of yoga and lounge wear...most have a matching jacket....I have some for 'hot' season and some for 'decent weather finally' season. (i also used to be a stripper and would ONLY wear comfy stuff when not working)
No disrespect to those who would take issue but if someone actually had the cajones to say something to me about it, I would tell them to piss off. I mean, really, nobody can tell me how to dress, I am a grown up and a SAHM/student....I dress appropriately when the situation calls for it....otherwise it's all about feeling comfy.

ps...I have SID issues too so that prolly has something to do with it....

True Love is here....to stay!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:22 PM

No, never.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:22 PM

I was in a waiting room this morning and I was totally staring at everyone looking at what they were wearing because of this thread. Sweats and lounge wear seem to be the norm where I live.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:29 PM

Most of my pj pants are actually yoga pants or sweats, so yes, I'll wear those in public. True pajama pants. No.

Angie: mama to Erika and Ani: dw to Ole:::
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma of monkeys View Post
Wow, I had replied w/o reading anything but OP....I live in Phoenix, it's hot most of the year and I prefer comfort to fashion (I am an old school punk anyways, so the fashion police don't dig me in the first place)
I wear flip flops, I own about 15+ pairs, some casual some 'dressy'....I wear my Barrel of Monkeys Pj bottoms with a tank top out, my leopard print ones (I have both flannel and silk), my furry leopard slippers, etc, etc....
I do not own sweat pants though I do own several varieties of yoga and lounge wear...most have a matching jacket....I have some for 'hot' season and some for 'decent weather finally' season. (i also used to be a stripper and would ONLY wear comfy stuff when not working)
No disrespect to those who would take issue but if someone actually had the cajones to say something to me about it, I would tell them to piss off. I mean, really, nobody can tell me how to dress, I am a grown up and a SAHM/student....I dress appropriately when the situation calls for it....otherwise it's all about feeling comfy.

ps...I have SID issues too so that prolly has something to do with it....
\m/. Rock on. I wear what I'm comfortable in. Usually not PJ bottoms, but if that's what I'm feelin, then so be it. Pants Police be damned.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:58 PM

I have run out for a coffee ro something in pjs, but that's it.

Really, who cares?

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

<<Sweats and lounge wear seem to be the norm where I live.>>

Hm. Same here.

ITA that one should never judge by how someone is dressed. My new neighbor is always in sweats or yoga pants - she and her husband are not yet 40 and are so well off neither of them have to work, but she does her dad's 'books'...oh yeah, she's a lawyer too

Mommy to Emily (16), Cal (12) and Claire Bear (3)
Old 10-03-2007, 01:16 AM

Yup.Most of the time.Jeans are very uncomfortable to me(sensory issues as well as health/weight issues).I really don't care what I wear,nor what anyone else wears. I do shower,wear deodorant and perfume(a light scent),and of course brush my teeth and hair.Usually my hair is in a messy ponytail,and I do not own makeup(I hate the way it feels).Everything I have on is clean,no stains or holes.All of my clothes come off the clearance rack,most under $5.I love Old Navy pj pants that cost $1.99!And yes,I wear flip flops all the time.Either that or my old pair of Converse that barely have any sole left.Last night I even wore my Happy Bunny slippers to the store to rent a movie. (It was 1am so I really don't think anyone even noticed)Just not a big deal to me.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:28 AM

no, but I wish I could, I hate being uncomfortable!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Old 10-03-2007, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm quite comfortable in my jeans and slacks.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:23 AM

I sleep in sweats and have worn them in public for: final exams, sick-or very late night grocery runs, and long-distance travel

Right now, I'm 9 months pregnant and wear long flowy stretch cotton pants out, and sometimes to bed as well.

I usually don't wear underwear, and often my hair is unbrushed (it's very long, dark and wavy, so it looks more wild than anything).

what a thread. . . .

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy

User Tag List