Why are you here? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seriously though, its a funny place and about the only place which shares similar views to my own on parenting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
It's a condition of my parole.
kama'aina mama

Quote:
I ask myself that all the time.
Viola. Me too.

...And you may ask yourself... well... how did I get here?

Now that I have the Talking Heads stuck on a loop in my mind

I came here after my second child was born, when my mother gave me a computer for Christmas. One of the first things I did was check to see if I could read Mothering online... the rest, as they say, is history. I keep trying to leave... but I come back. Hi, my name is Serene Tabbie and I am an MDC addict. I stay for the witty banter, clever conversation, brilliant women, good (and bad) advice, real on line friendships and to have company while I drink coffee.

The Tabbie Family; DH , DS , DD , a few :, a couple : and me.
#63 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 11:07 AM

Well, I've been AP since before I knew it had a name. I ended up being one of a few AP moms in a big group of friends on a mainstream site, one of whom referred me here. So I came mainly for the AP, but I've learned a lot about NFL, and incorporated what works for me into my life. I'm not as crunchy as some, but of all the larger parenting boards out there, this one still fits me best.
#64 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 11:39 AM

DS and I were waiting for DH at a public library many miles from home. I was actually looking for a magazine about pregnancy, but found Mothering instead. When we got home I looked up the web site and found the forums. We natural childbirth, breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear, etc and no other place feels safe to discuss all of these issues. Thanks, everyone!

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#65 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 12:22 PM

I found Mothering.com when my dd was a toddler. I didn't know what "AP" was. I was doing a search for a parenting message board that I might fit in with after being dissatisfied with another board. I asked what AP was and found that I did a lot of that stuff and thought about parenting the same way as those hippy AP folks. I stuck around for awhile then left for a bit to do other things.
After moving to a different state, I was stuck for how to find like minded people in the area. I came back to this board to use the tribe area and got drawn into other areas. I never did find anyone very near me but I guess I'm still hanging around.

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#66 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitstwins View Post
"do not resist. you will be assimilated. "

I'm such a dork! LOL.

I was recommended by a fellow site member. Been on and off since I found I was pregnant with the Twinkies.

My dh calls it the Uterine Collective. I had been reading Mothering since ds1 was born and then when I miscarried I found the birth loss forum, and fell in love with the wonderful women of MDC...well, most of them.

#67 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 05:41 PM

Honestly?

I belong to a Mormon discussion group and someone there
linked to a thread here.

After that I got sucked into the vortex and haven't been able to leave.

I probably visit the Tribal, Current Events and Gardening section
the most though.

#68 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 07:49 PM

I've been a subscriber to the magazine since dd#1 was a baby and was aware they had a website and forums, but I wasn't very interested. I have found support in other online groups and I'm fortunate to have some ap/nfl friends. But when I decided baby #3 was a great opportunity to experience birth the way it's meant to be, I came here as part of my homebirth research. I spent most of 2006 in the pregnancy forums, including the October 2006 DDC which turned out to be the wrong one because my son was born 2 weeks past edd. After he was born, I kept up the habit during all those nakking sessions and have explored many of the other forums. I love MDC for the same reasons everyone else is saying. It contains a wealth of knowledge on a variety of topics and it's a great source of support and amusement! As my son approaches his first birthday, I'm in awe that I've been a member of MDC for nearly a year and a half! Thanks to all the people who share their experiences here!

Michele, mom of DD 5/01, DD 11/03, and DS 11/06

http://michelepixels.com/

#69 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 08:02 PM

I first found MDC when my son was a couple of months old. I had spent my pregnancy and first months as a mom feeling totally out of place on some very mainstream groups. I had no idea there were entire forums for AP/NFL families. I stopped posting for a long time, but I registered again a couple months ago because I ended up reading here for some info.
#70 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 08:04 PM

...oh yeah, and the cookies.
#71 of 72 Old 09-30-2007, 08:11 PM

I was sent here via another board when I asked about the proper care of the Intact penis. For months I never left the CAC board then gradualy branched out into vax then to TAO. I have learned so much here and just wish I had access to it before I had my first but back then I didnt even have the internet.

I still spend the majority of my time in CAC tho I visit others when I see something enteresting in New Posts.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#72 of 72 Old 10-01-2007, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

It's nice that everyone is here for so many differant reasons. Glad to see so many are also here for the AP aspects of it and may not be as "Natural" as others.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page