Want to see some pics of your dyed hair (especially red) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As of yesterday, I am now one year older and I have a bee in my bonnet about dying my hair. I usually use henna to help cover the grays, but I have such dark hair that it barely shows. What I really want is to go red, or at least dark auburn-red. I'd love to see some other mamas with dyed red hair...other funky colors too. What did you use or did you go to a salon?
#2 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 05:16 AM
Banned

http://b8.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0...63605518_l.jpg

Yup. Purple.

I got a hair up my butt about dying my hair when my DD was about 1yr old. 25 in that pic. I've since dyed it black (purple or other non-natural colors are too much maintenance for me) and reddish brown. Probably will go back to black. Red washes out too fast for me.
#3 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 12:11 PM

mine's red.....which shade of red usually depends on my mood when i'm wandering through the hair dye aisle...
I've never paid to have my hair dyed professionally. I change the shade far too often for that~~
In this pic, I had also added a blond streak to the bangs and bleached the ends ....I liked it that way quite a bit and will most likely be re-doing it this week~~

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=11909043

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#4 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
in a fashion magazine i just read it talked about natural instincts being the least harmful dye. its semipermamnat lasts for if i remember right 28 shampoos and comes in red.

i use henna. myspace.com/orbitroomgirl

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#5 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 12:32 PM

My all-time favorite red haircolor is Feria's Flaming Red (box R75). I got so many compliments with that one. But Feria is kind of harsh on your hair.

And I also used to have pink hair using Manic Panic on bleached hair.
#6 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 02:18 PM

i used that color for a long time. loved it. but it was really really intense on me. (my hair is very light strawberry blonde without coloring. so it came out very very bright.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#7 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_angel View Post
mine's red.....which shade of red usually depends on my mood when i'm wandering through the hair dye aisle...
I've never paid to have my hair dyed professionally. I change the shade far too often for that~~
In this pic, I had also added a blond streak to the bangs and bleached the ends ....I liked it that way quite a bit and will most likely be re-doing it this week~~

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=11909043

adding you to frriends if thats okay.

#8 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 03:20 PM

was just about to do the same with you...
was checking out your pics. i want to hang out with you and your friends!! you guys look like a LOT of fun

Allison~~ Mommy to 4 amazing troublemakers Newlywed to David Throwing in the towel on Fertility treatments after TTC for 5+ yrs. Simplifying our life in anticipation of cross country move in 2011
#9 of 9 Old 10-14-2007, 06:18 PM

we do. the kind we cant talk about on mdc. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page