Updates on mighty-mama - NEW UPDATES POST 150, 258, 357, 413, *449* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2007, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This thread has been removed because it is asking for and discussing breastmilk donation. I'm very sorry, but it is a liability issue and we can not host discussions on this.

This is an important thread, but its several hundred posts long with many mentions of donating breastmilk. Unfortunately, I will not be here the rest of today, so the thread may not be returned until some time tomorrow.

If you have any questions or concerns about why we can not host this, or when the thread will be returned, please feel free to contact me via PM - but DO NOT post your questions or comments to this thread.

Please feel free to post to this thread with updates on mighty-mama's health and well being - she's a special person and needs all our thoughts and prayers and love at this time.

I will merge this thread with the existing one once it is cleaned up.

Much gentleness to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2007, 04:47 PM

Keeping you in my thoughts Jess.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What was the most recent update on the other thread? How are they doing?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 12-02-2007, 09:48 PM

Thinking of you!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 PM

The most recent update said that local friends held a hugely successful Tricky Tray fundraising dinner. I went and it was amazing to see the huge amount of support. Right now Jessica is very tired, since she has been taking chemo pills, but is fighting hard and is in good spirits.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Someone has also started a CaringBridge site that was posted on the other thread that I'll post here. Last update was after the fundraiser.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:25 PM

hang in there Mighty...hugs to you and your littles. And Laia is sending extra hugs too!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 12-07-2007, 02:34 PM

Still keeping you in my thoughts, Mighty-mama.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:31 PM

In case people don't know about the other thread, and because the new updates are urgent...

Please visit the caring bridges journal for Mighty Mama at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jessicaquinn

There are updates cut and pasted into this mdc thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...785464&page=15

And in brief-
Quote:
So it seems a decision has been made. Jessica will be coming home with hospice set in place. They are hoping for Friday, but not sure depending on weather, what the doctors have to say, etc. I think she was concerned at first that everyone thought she was giving up because she chose not to do more chemo. I reassured her that we are all behind her decision. It's a matter of quality of life at this point. Why should she put her body through so much worse by doing one of the other two options? She is accepting of what is going on, and said that she's not as upset as she thought she'd be...but I think the realization of her situation has been weighing on her mind for some time. It could also be due to the fact that she is very drugged. She truly is in a tremendous amount of pain
May you find peace free from pain.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

User Tag List