Intellectual Type IQ Test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope this is the right place for this! I just took an online IQ test that was actually interesting & semi-challenging. It was sort of like the one I took in school instead of the silly ones they normally have online.

IQ TEST

I got: Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns.

Fun fun...
#2 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 PM

It gave me a 129. (My IQ on the Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale is 137. Maybe having a kid on my lap sticking her fingers in my ear influenced my score?)

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.
#3 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 10:12 PM

awesome. i wish I had time to do this....but I get off work in 15 minutes..maybe later. lol.
#4 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 11:22 PM

138!

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns.

It's certainly very complimentary

Mama to a goofy : girl and babycakes :
#5 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 PM

how long does it take? i have a few more minutes to myself...

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#6 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Has anyone ever noticed that all the online scores are always 128 and up?
#7 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNicole View Post
That is because there is a causal relationship between smart people and the internet. :

Mwahahahaha

magstphil-it has 9 pages, with a handful of questions on a page, followed by a zillion spam offers before you get to the score.
#8 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 11:44 PM

Insightful Linguist

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#9 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNicole View Post
i should try and botch it and see what happens.

#10 of 29 Old 12-18-2007, 11:45 PM

Dang it, the link isn't working for me. Is there another way to get there?
#11 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congratulations, Ruth!
Your IQ score is 133
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results. Read more... (for a fee )

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#12 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
i should try and botch it and see what happens.
I just tried. I got a 73 trying intentionally to get them wrong.

Your Intellectual Type is Inventive Inquisitor. You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#13 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 12:11 AM

Well I botched it on purpose and it said:

Congratulations!
Your IQ score is 73

So I guess there's no conspiracy after all. I still don't trust the validity of it.

ETA: I wonder what the highest score they have is. I got a 138 when I took it for real, but I have tested higher than that on other IQ tests.

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway
#14 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckC View Post
Well I botched it on purpose and it said:

Congratulations!
Your IQ score is 73

So I guess there's no conspiracy after all. I still don't trust the validity of it.
nor do i, but fun anyways.

#15 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 12:23 AM

So maybe 73 is the lowest score they give?

I suspect that people with high IQs are the ones who enjoy taking online IQ tests, and that people with lower IQs find these kinds of tests harder and less enjoyable- so they don't take them as often.

#16 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:11 AM

Ugh I'm tired so I botched it a bit and got a 122 as a Word Warrior. It makes sense however, because english is my strong point.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#17 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:31 AM

I got 136, insightful linguist. Don't real IQ tests have more questions?
#18 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
I got 136, insightful linguist. Don't real IQ tests have more questions?
and a time limit

#19 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:45 AM

and no Google. not that I used it.
#20 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:50 AM

139, baby!

Also insightful linguist.
#21 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:52 AM

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

I had an actual IQ test administered a few years back, and the score this test gave me was way off.
#22 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:52 AM

Quote:
and a time limit
Yup. It takes about 2 hours to administer the IQ tests I used to administer for the schools. Each item is timed too-not just the entire test. Your score is assigned for each item based on how long it takes you to solve a problem on some sub tests. They are very specific, down to the exact placement of the test booklets & pencils on the table. Questions spoken out loud must be worded exactly the same, and norms are also based on your age by year and month.
#23 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplesugar View Post
139, baby!

Also insightful linguist.
Ok, now I'm going crazy. I want to know what answer you answered differently than me to get a 1 pt higher score.

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway
#24 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean View Post
Yup. It takes about 2 hours to administer the IQ tests I used to administer for the schools. Each item is timed too-not just the entire test. Your score is assigned for each item based on how long it takes you to solve a problem on some sub tests. They are very specific, down to the exact placement of the test booklets & pencils on the table. Questions spoken out loud must be worded exactly the same, and norms are also based on your age by year and month.
so you know a bit about this... when i was 12 or so i was given an IQ test by an "official" tester (supposedly ) and i swear she told me it was a kid version. um, is that right? is there "kid versions"?

#25 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 02:31 AM

Quote:
so you know a bit about this... when i was 12 or so i was given an IQ test by an "official" tester (supposedly ) and i swear she told me it was a kid version. um, is that right? is there "kid versions"?
Yes, depending on which test you use. I usually used the Weschler Scales, there are 3 intelligence tests.

The WISC tests children 6- 17 with norms scaled for all those ages year & month.

The WASI is an abbreviated scale that tests children & young adults (6 years to early 20's I think, its' been awhile so I'm not sure on the exact age)

The WAIS is the adult scale that I used for 17 yo's and up.

Some of the sub-tests have similar content, some are completely different.

The WASI takes a lot less time to administer, so if you were tested for an hour and a half to two hours, it was probably the WISC. If it was more in the neighborhood of 45 minutes, it was probably the WASI (if they were using Weschler). But I only ever used the WASI for special education reevals, never for an initial evaluation.

Ideally the psychometrist would administer at least 2 different tests as well. The battery of tests I gave usually included an IQ test, an acheivement test (Woodcock Johnson or Kauffman Test), and various social-behavioral/emotional scales before determining if any one test is valid. Some of those tests are specific for children and others are not. I usually gave at least 6 tests for an evaluation, meeting with a child on 2-3 different days to complete the battery as well as doing classroom observations.
#26 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 AM

Congratulations, Sarah!
Your IQ score is 131
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#27 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean View Post
It gave me a 129. (My IQ on the Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale is 137. Maybe having a kid on my lap sticking her fingers in my ear influenced my score?)

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.
I got the exact same score and intellectual type. Weird!
#28 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 05:14 AM

136 - visionary philosopher.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#29 of 29 Old 12-19-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelpie545 View Post
Ugh I'm tired so I botched it a bit and got a 122 as a Word Warrior. It makes sense however, because english is my strong point.
122 is higher than average!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page