I said something very mean, is there any way to make it better? *Updated* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 94 Old 01-16-2008, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post
It would be a better world if people could admit their mistakes and apologize for them. Good for you, it must have been very hard to do.
:

Good for you!
#92 of 94 Old 01-16-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellMcK View Post
Now that he's forgiven you, it's time to forgive yourself.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonapellucida View Post
LMFAO!!!!! Open mouth insert foot. I'd call and apologize.

See update, post #69 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jenna~ View Post
I showed him a picture of my friend, and he was like, WOW yeah I'll go out on a date with her
Sounds like you've made amends, then!

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#93 of 94 Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daekini View Post
Good job! End the end, you both handled a difficult situation with grace. Not an easy accomplishment, nowadays...
:
#94 of 94 Old 01-16-2008, 01:49 PM

I am glad that it went well. I just have to share my foot in mouth story.

I had a moment like this just a few days ago. I went back to my home town for the weekend. My sister is quitting smoking. Her and I used to bulls%^t all the time about people who smoke. Then she started smoking again. Her new years resolution was to quit. It has been VERY hard. She has done great and has not caved in at all.
So this weekend we attended my grandfathers funeral, she had bad PMS AND had just quit smoking.
I said something, can't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't nice. It was something between a lecture and a joke. She just said "don't" So I, like the OP, said something else which only made matters worse. She muttered "don't" again and I can to my senses. I felt like a total piece of crap and fell over myself telling her sorry. I then left the room and cried.
I guess she forgave me because a few minutes later she took me for a cup of coffee.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page