My dog is missing (tiny update #188, #220) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

#241 of 253 Old 02-14-2008, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't read all this but have you looked at Fidofinder.com? When my dog ran off a couple years ago she was posted on there with in hours of her being gone.

I hope you find her soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 253 Old 02-17-2008, 12:53 AM

I am heartbroken to see that Lexy has not been found!!
I hope she comes home!!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#243 of 253 Old 02-17-2008, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you so much everyone for keeping her (and my family!) in your thoughts. Your kindness has been so touching. I love MDC!!

Lexy is still gone. We touch base daily with the shelters and pet boards. It sucks, plain and simple. Her bowl is still out because I just can't put it up. I miss her.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#244 of 253 Old 02-17-2008, 05:17 AM

I am so, so sorry. The pain of a missing loved one is the worst.
I will keep thinking positive thoughts for Lexy...
#245 of 253 Old 02-18-2008, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much!

So today was interesting. There is a black baby dog curled up on a pillow by the stove in the living room. He's two months old and his name is Archibald. (Archi) And he is the newest, loveliest member of our family.

It wasn and wasn't an easy decision to adopt Archi. In some ways I felt guilty... as if it meant or seemed that I was giving up on Lexy or "over her" in some way. Neither of those things is true of course, but I worry that's what it might look like.

The truth is that I was at the shelter looking for Lexy, and I fell in love with Annie the beagle. For a variety of reasons I couldn't get over to try and visit Annie until today. Well, when I walked in today, Annie was being adopted by the sweetest older couple and they were so happy to be taking her home. So we just looked at the doggies again, and there was little sweet Archi. He's been there since he was newborn, and I had to bring him HOME.

The shelter is still on high alert for Lexy, and there are new posters of her up everywhere. Lexy is still my dog, and she always has a home with me. I still cry for her, and I still pray for her...worry for her. I just couldn't turn down helping this dog when I knew I could do it, ya know?

Thank you for all your Lexy dog love and support. She's the greatest dog, and if she ever gets back to us (I hope!) I know she and Archi are going to have much fun together.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#246 of 253 Old 02-18-2008, 05:32 AM

I still hope Lexy comes home. But I'm glad you were able to find a friend in Archi.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#247 of 253 Old 02-18-2008, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Where ever Lexy is I hope it's warm and happy like the home your giving to Archi!
#248 of 253 Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 PM

I hope somebody else is taking great care of Lexi. Have fun with little Archi!
#249 of 253 Old 02-22-2008, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

Still no word on sweet Lexy dog. We miss her. I saw a doggy that looked so much like her today. It was such a sad reminder that she's gone. We talk of her often.

I got a tattoo of her that I wanted to share.
Tattoo of Lexy I am so pleased with it, and it's really helped.

Archi

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you guys after how terrific you've all been. Thank you for being here for me. I could never tell you how it helped to have you all here understanding.

#250 of 253 Old 02-22-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
at our house, we call all black dogs with white feet (and white bellies... does Archi have a white belly?) "Turbo-Dogs" after our black-and-white-tuxedo-cat-who-thinks-he's-a-dog whose name is Turbo. (he's also my username namesake. )

hoping with you, that Lexy will be home really soon...

~claudia
#251 of 253 Old 02-22-2008, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
at our house, we call all black dogs with white feet (and white bellies... does Archi have a white belly?) "Turbo-Dogs" after our black-and-white-tuxedo-cat-who-thinks-he's-a-dog whose name is Turbo. (he's also my username namesake. )

hoping with you, that Lexy will be home really soon...

~claudia
Aww how cute! Actually he does have some white belly going on. That's a neat nickname. We call black and white kitties "tuxedo cats".

#252 of 253 Old 02-22-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
Thank you so much!

So today was interesting. There is a black baby dog curled up on a pillow by the stove in the living room. He's two months old and his name is Archibald. (Archi) And he is the newest, loveliest member of our family.

It wasn and wasn't an easy decision to adopt Archi. In some ways I felt guilty... as if it meant or seemed that I was giving up on Lexy or "over her" in some way. Neither of those things is true of course, but I worry that's what it might look like.

The truth is that I was at the shelter looking for Lexy, and I fell in love with Annie the beagle. For a variety of reasons I couldn't get over to try and visit Annie until today. Well, when I walked in today, Annie was being adopted by the sweetest older couple and they were so happy to be taking her home. So we just looked at the doggies again, and there was little sweet Archi. He's been there since he was newborn, and I had to bring him HOME.

The shelter is still on high alert for Lexy, and there are new posters of her up everywhere. Lexy is still my dog, and she always has a home with me. I still cry for her, and I still pray for her...worry for her. I just couldn't turn down helping this dog when I knew I could do it, ya know?

Thank you for all your Lexy dog love and support. She's the greatest dog, and if she ever gets back to us (I hope!) I know she and Archi are going to have much fun together.
Unschoolnma-I was thrilled to read that you adopted a sweetie. I think it's a tribute to Lexi, actually. It shows how much you missed her presence, and love dogs. I'm so sorry she is not home yet. Best wishes with your newest little one.
#253 of 253 Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 PM

Yay for Archi!! Also in case no one has mentioned it, have you looked on Petfinder.com? You can search by region, breed/dominant breed, etc. I lost a dog acouple of years ago, and sadly never did find him, BUT I was really encouraged by one lady at the shelter who told me she in many ways considers no news good news, KWIM? My Frank was one cute little bugger, and I'm just sure he found a new home Plus, I have him to thank for my Shadow, whom I found in much the same way as you found Archie!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page