OMGawd Update POST #22 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2008, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You got a ticket for failure to surrender because you were driving on an Indiana license in Texas? have you lived there past the mutal law agreements or something? When dh moved to Arkansas he went to change his license and they told him he had like 6-9 months to do it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom View Post
You got a ticket for failure to surrender because you were driving on an Indiana license in Texas? have you lived there past the mutal law agreements or something? When dh moved to Arkansas he went to change his license and they told him he had like 6-9 months to do it...
In Texas you have 30 days to change to a Texas license unless you are a fulltime student paying out of state tuition. I happened to look this up the other day because DH hasn't changed his license and won't because they fingerprint you. Fortunately, DH is a fulltime out of state student.

Can you put it on a credit card? Normally, I wouldn't be a fan of doing this but I would make an exception for this case.

ETA: You can come hang out at my house if you need to. I won't tell.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 AM

Did your money come?

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 AM

This sounds really strange to me...a warrant "roundup"

Wow....I've never heard of such a thing. What do they do with you if you can't pay? put you in jail? for traffic tickets...wow.

here it's pay the fine. Don't pay the fine, lose your licence. Maybe if you are caught driving without a licence then you go possibly to jail.

That just doesn't sound right

It starts tomorrow(Saturday) and yet you can't pay until Monday even if you have the money is that right? How unfair.

Good luck..hope the money comes in or they don't come to your house or you can hide out somewhere.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

WE GOT PAID!

that was the BEST thing I could ever see as soon as I wake up in the morning!
Now I am just waiting for this afternoon when dh can drive me over to pay this bad boy off!

I am a nervous wreck because there is conflicting information...the news stations are reporting that the warrant round up is starting TODAY...this morning! so i am on pins and needles...

and yes they automatically issue warrants for unpaid tickets here in this city/county. and yes you go to jail if you are pulled in for the warrant.

Oh and to top it all off? temps are dropping and we are set for ice/snow this afternoon. I'm praying now that that holds off so they don't shut down roads

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:14 PM

I'm glad you got paid!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 02-15-2008, 02:25 PM

If I lived closer, I would pick you up right now and drive you down there. I hope you get this all said and done today! :

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:46 PM

this is complete insanity!!! boy, the state to state variations in laws and how they enforce them are amazing.

i hope you get there safely & quickly!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

There office closed at 4pm.
We got there at 3:30...left 14 minutes later. nothing like fixing things at the LAST possible minute. DH barely got home in time.

I was given a receipt so that I can have proof that i paid today...seeing its so late i still fear they'll come knocking tomorrow....

but i paid the man and now i can go abouts looking into my license being free and clear first thing Monday morning.

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:17 PM

Geez, as if they don’t have real criminals to worry about. I wonder how many rapists, murders and child molesters are roaming around as we speak not getting picked up. You got a ticket; I'm so scared!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barose View Post
Geez, as if they don’t have real criminals to worry about. I wonder how many rapists, murders and child molesters are roaming around as we speak not getting picked up. You got a ticket; I'm so scared!
Yeah..but that doesn't pay well as well.

This has to be about the $$$ right?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned

Expect a letter in the mail in a few days telling you you have points on your DL.

My husband had some citations on his DL we did not know about from 4 yrs ago. We moved out of state back then, 4 yrs ago, and he had no problem getting a new DL in our new state. But when we came back to TX and he went to switch his license again to TX we found out about the tickets. Luckily we had the $1000 to pay the tickets then and there. (He had warrants out)

That was last week. This week he got a letter saying he has 4 points on his DL now. If he gets a total of 6 (one more moving violation) he will have to pay a $100 surcharge every years and $25 each additional point every year for three years until the points come off. It's crap. He called to fight it saying the tickets were from FOUR years ago and they said "Too bad, it goes from the date you PAY the tickets!" BS!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 PM

Points in TX? I've never heard of that here, only in the NE. Actually, I'm not even sure what it means

Thanks for reminding me about the warrant roundup Mommabean. I've got to pay off a ticket on Tuesday I guess. I totally forgot!

User Tag List