Forum Jump: 

#181 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I see a lot of my pet peeves on here,
slow walkers
mayo
sour cream (both should never have been invented)
toilet paper under the roll
cherry flavor
tardiness (k, I'll cut some slack, once in a while we are all late, but those people who can NEVER get any where on time to save their life, they drive me insane, and yeah I married one ).

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's a road sign where I live for Lafayette Avenue that says LaFayette Ave on one side and Lafayette Ave on the other side. Drives me NUTS.

Following that, the good number of road signs in the same city that say Av instead of Ave. Augh. WHY? I guess they're trying to uniformly make it two letters . . . but augh. There are also signs that say Bl for Boulevard.

The smell of microwave popcorn.

Reusing bath towels.

Messy eyebrows.

People who leave the foil in their cigarette packs.

"Irregardless."

Places with no paper towels in the bathroom, only air dryers. Especially sucky if the air dryers suck.

The feel of my teeth after drinking anything with sugar in it.

Obviously poppable zits that people just leave there.

Anyone touching my car stereo.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I have off the top of my head.

babyf.gif

#183 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustVanessa View Post
I HATE it when the bottles in the bathroom do not face English side/picture side out. Which is really funny because I am a clutter bug and not very OCD in nature.
i peel all labels off all the bottles in the bathroom. if anyone can think of any kind of toothpaste that comes in a plain white tube, let me know.

i thought of more irrational "bothers":

- white pickup trucks. i swear they're always up my butt when i'm doing 80mph on the highway. every time i see one i feel irritated even when i'm not driving.
- when people push food onto their fork with their fingers. gross and weird. my dh does it. i don't get it. that's what the knife is for when it's not cutting.
- when someone is finished eating and they just leave their knife and fork haphazardly on the plate. i like them nicely lined up and placed on the plate together. it says "I'm done. Thank you." Not "I had to run off in a hurry and could care less about the meal I just ate".

you're not alone in the being bothered by Rachael Ray.
i cannot stand how the Food Network creates caricatures of their "chefs". Rachael Ray is supposed to be the epitome of what??? a wannabe hip suburban mom or something? annoying.
Paula Deen's accent has gotten really really twangy and they've turned her into this ridiculous yee- haw partying Ya Ya Sisterhood /Steel Magnolias woman. she used to be so mellow and sweet.
the just turn all of them into over- the- top representations of whatever demographic they're representing. don't even get me started on Guy Fieri. blech- Food Network just bugs.

last thing. i hate ketchup but sour cream, cilantro, and mayonnaise- i LOVE all of them.
especially mayo. LOVE IT! i dip my french fries into it- YUMM-O.
#184 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
And I'll take "yummy" over "nummy" any day. HATE the latter. Hate. It.
This reminds me
*dons flame-resistant suit*
Why do people have to have a code-word for breastmilk? Why call it num-nums? What's wrong with calling it "milk"?
(And "booby-juice" really grosses me out.)

Mama to three  
#185 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickywicket67 View Post

- white pickup trucks. i swear they're always up my butt when i'm doing 80mph on the highway. every time i see one i feel irritated even when i'm not driving.
I swear there are certain types of cars that I know are going to have bad drivers in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickywicket67 View Post
you're not alone in the being bothered by Rachael Ray.
i cannot stand how the Food Network creates caricatures of their "chefs". Rachael Ray is supposed to be the epitome of what??? a wannabe hip suburban mom or something? annoying.
Paula Deen's accent has gotten really really twangy and they've turned her into this ridiculous yee- haw partying Ya Ya Sisterhood /Steel Magnolias woman. she used to be so mellow and sweet.
the just turn all of them into over- the- top representations of whatever demographic they're representing. don't even get me started on Guy Fieri. blech- Food Network just bugs.
OMG! I really like Rachel Ray when she's on someone else's talk show, but I cannot stand her show. And I'm with you on yummo. EVOO irritates me too. And what did they do to Guy Fieri? When he was on that show where they were competing to be chosen for a show, I liked him. Now he's got a couple of shows and he is annoying as hell.

We accidentally caught the first few seconds of a Paula Deen show one day when we were recording something else and now I will never be able to get her voice out of my head. Every time my kids see her picture or an ad featuring her, they both put on these awful accents and shout aloha, ya'll!

Makes me cringe.

Damn you, food network. Why can't it just be Alton Brown 24/7?

for intuitive readings click here :
#186 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 06:03 PM

My latest big one is the "vanity plate". Yes, I can see you are driving a freakin Prius, do you really need to have a license plate that says "gasspr", "grncar", or anything like that? Maybe even worse are the "Luvmylxs" (love my Lexus) and plates like that. I don't mind some of the friendly ones though. The Prius ones make me NUTS NUTS NUTS.

Raw wood, especially popsicle sticks, chopsticks, and wooden gelato spoons

Sucking snot back in

Mayonnaise

Chicken

People pushing religion

Loud chewing

The way my sister loudly coughs just once

"Calm down"
#187 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningmama View Post
---I hate when people close their teeth over the fork and it scrapes as they remove the fork from their mouths.
Oh I hate that. My dh does it. We were given lips, use them!

I hate the feel of chalk and the feel of touching paper after washing my hands/showering. I hate fuzz on clothing/blankets. I hate anything sticky or slimy feeling. I hate drool and snot. Also, excessive throat clearing and loudly chewing. Please blow your nose or wipe it. Don't suck the snot back in!
#188 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
I swear there are certain types of cars that I know are going to have bad drivers in them.
Me too, except I tend to think that of Jettas.
#189 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
Me too, except I tend to think that of Jettas.
Acura
Mercedes
I spent too much money on my car so you'll have to excuse me for my complete lack of knowledge about the rules of the road, peasant.

And for some strange reason there are an awful lot of bad drivers in white vehicles. Not all, but enough of them that I am extra vigilant when driving around any white vehicle, just in case. I have no idea why but the places I noticed it the most were warm climates and there were probably a lot more white cars, so percentage wise there may not be more, they just are concentrated in certain areas so you notice them more....LA, The Bay Area of SF, most of Florida, Dallas... :

And I really like mercedes, too. I just hate driving near one.

for intuitive readings click here :
#190 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 09:36 PM

Folding cold clothes~ I'll restart the dryer even if they are bone dry just so they are warm when I fold them.

Picky eaters~ not people who know they don't like something, or who are avoiding specific foods for allergies or whatever but those who look at you suspiciously whenever you offer them something "different" When you wrinkle up your nose and ask "what's in it?" It makes me want to smear it on you. Drives.me.nuts.

Women with purses~Is all that stuff REALLY necessary? Does it have to go with you everywhere? The phrase "wait a minute, let me grab my purse." AArghhhhhh!

When other people fall asleep and leave the tv on. The noise and the light bug me even when I'm sleeping. And when I wake up and you're peacefully snoozing away, I HATE that!

People who don't call before they come over. I'm a dedicated recluse. I don't care if you are family, I don't cotton to "surprise visits".

Grocery store clerks who bag one item. Grocery store clerks who want to tell me about all the uses I will have for said bag when informed I don't want it. Grocery store clerks who try to tell me I must take the bag or they will think I stole the purchased item (Isn't that what a receipt is for?) Grocery store clerks.

Talking on the phone~ I don't make phone calls.

Nervous laughter, or laughter used to segue during a conversation. My dh does this. It totally bugs. I feel like it makes a person sound like a used car salesman. Come on hon, you can do it! You don't need to laugh!

Drinking soda out of a can~ I know some folks are purists and I get it. Why would you want to water down your soda? I would never add water to whiskey....but when it comes to soda I only enjoy it if it is over ice with a straw, preferably in a plastic cup.

Wet sleeves~ If I'm washing my hands and I get the wrists wet on a long sleeve shirt, I have to change it. I can't stand how it feels. I don't think it bothers me anywhere else though, just my wrists.

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#191 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
This reminds me
*dons flame-resistant suit*
Why do people have to have a code-word for breastmilk? Why call it num-nums? What's wrong with calling it "milk"?
(And "booby-juice" really grosses me out.)
I hate that too. Nummy or num nums - WTF? Really gross words.
I don't like "milkies" either. They are breasts and it's milk.

I'm total opposite on genital words though. I'd rather a child
say pee pee than penis any day of the week.
#192 of 195 Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 PM

any recipe that begins with "1 box cake mix".

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#193 of 195 Old 03-30-2008, 12:47 AM

Man, I LOVE cilantro.

I get really bothered by McMansions--or, in my neighborhood, just mansions that are so out of character with the area that they look like they should have been built in Boca Raton, not in small NJ beach town.

The mansions bother me so much that I make up letters to the owners about how tacky their houses are and how their big, tacky house just brought down all our property values.

And then I take a deep, cleansing breath and let go...
#194 of 195 Old 03-30-2008, 02:44 AM

Here's one from my mom.

She hates it when a server at a restaurant asks, "Are you still working on that?"
She thinks it is gross to be "working" on one's food.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#195 of 195 Old 03-30-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
I don't think it's weird. It drives me around the bend. I tore a ligament in my knee while cross-country skiing in 1991. While I was lying on my face crying in the snow, unable to get up because of my skis being twisted and my knee screaming in agony, four or five people gathered round, and started saying, "are you okay? Do you need help? What hurts?" and miscellaneous other things. Thankfully, my mom had wiped out just a little way ahead of me, so she came back and got me free from my skis, so my knee wasn't being twisted anymore, and I could get my face out of the ice crystals.

I know people were just trying to be helpful, but...wow...
Ow. Ow. OW!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page