I have a post office problem. Can you help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-08-2008, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I recently ordered some stuff, which was shipped through the post office. According to the delivery confirmation, the package was delivered on Wednesday. But, as luck would have it, I never received it. In fact, we got zero pieces of mail on Wednesday. So, I called their 800 number this morning and someone is supposed to call me back Monday. Oh, I should add that we live in an apartment building w. locked mailboxes. The last time I ordered something that was sent through the USP, the mail carrier just left it by the mailboxes. I'm new to this building so I don't know if this is the norm for packages or not. I know that sometimes they leave you a card that you take to the post office to pick up your package, but I did not get one of those either. I'm guessing that it could have been stolen, or our mail could have ended up in another mailbox. All I know is that I'm out $30 and have nothing to show for it.

So, anyone know how this is likely to play out? If the mail carrier left it outside of the mailboxes will h/she be held responsible? I'm thinking I'm probably just out the money, but maybe there's something I'm not thinking of? I want to get the dimensions of the package b/c maybe there's no way it could have fit inside our tiny mailbox and I'll have proof that it wasn't delivered, but maybe this doesn't matter b/c postal carriers are allowed to leave packages? Ugh, this is just annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-08-2008, 04:01 PM

Is it possible that they left it at the rental office? Or gave it to a neighbor to hold?

We have a few different postmen, and each seems to do something different with packages. I the one who will carry packages right up to my door.
#3 of 4 Old 03-08-2008, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katheek77 View Post
Is it possible that they left it at the rental office? Or gave it to a neighbor to hold?

We have a few different postmen, and each seems to do something different with packages. I the one who will carry packages right up to my door.
They may have left it w/ management, but I think they would have let me know by now.
#4 of 4 Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Call the local post office (good luck finding the number), and inquire as to what the mailcarrier did with the package.

Let them know that you never recieved it and wish to file a complaint if necessary.

"What will you do once you know?"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page