Grrrrr.... Evil neighborhood boys (includes violence to animals!) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 09-12-2003, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to type this quick while my DH is gone, but I am SOOOO mad!!!!

This is our last night together, before he leaves. Can we relax as a family? NO, because there are numerous dead snakes hung on the electricty wires out side both our bedroom windows (ours and DS's).

Huge gross dead, soon to rot and stink (our home is for sale), there for DS and DD and me to see. I am pregnant and nausous as it is!

DS saw the deed being done and was obviously upset.

Our local police (who have NO crime to deal within this little town) could care less! They drive around aimlessly and sit and talk to their friends for HOURS, but act like we are crazy for caring. I have lived here for over three years and this is only the second time I have called them for anything.

We have a creek in our back yard, and all summer the neighborhood kids play there. I NEVER said a word while they cuss, fight, dismantled live crayfish and threw them on our road... But now thay have gone too far. They are all under 13..?

DH is over at one boys house trying to get names for a little friendly talk with the parents. I think, every time I see a boy in the creek from now on, I will call the police. Let them come over and babysit the hooligans every few hours if they won't do anything else.

If I didn't have kids, it woudn't be so bad, yk? What's next? It is just such a site out all the windows...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-12-2003, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Those boys need some discipline! I would go ahead and call the cops every time you see them there. Eventually they will get tired of coming out and they will do something about the boys.

AnnMarie
45 & 60 and starting over.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have 3, he has 4, and we had
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aidan 2/9/17

for another
#3 of 7 Old 09-12-2003, 09:25 PM

How horrible!

I've read so much about how violence against animals is a very, very bad sign in children. I believe every serial killer ever interviewed admitted to torturing and killing animals first. I'm so glad you are getting their parents involved. I hope you have better luck with the police in the future and that your family doesn't have to deal with anymore stunts from these kids.

#4 of 7 Old 09-13-2003, 01:35 AM

OMG! That is horrible!!! Where the he** are those kids' parents? Definately call the police! And their parents... that makes me sick.
#5 of 7 Old 09-13-2003, 09:26 AM

I would also call the boys' parents and the police everytime you see them there.

Is the creek on your property?
You could post it as "No Trespassing".

...edited for spelling...it's early! :LOL
#6 of 7 Old 09-13-2003, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everybody.

I am more calm about it now, but they are still hanging up there.

The little boy would not give any names (even to his dad or grandpa) so my DH told him to tell all his little friends they will be dealing with the police every time they go down to the water.

The creek is ours and our neighbors , and the first fifteen feet is on the city's easement, so it is diffucult to have any authority over it... But I am ready to fight now, so I will definitely make it very hard on any young boys down there from now on.

We called the power company and they said they woudl come get them down, but haven't showed yet.
#7 of 7 Old 09-13-2003, 09:23 PM

I just had another idea of who to call... a conservation officer (CO). They have the same authority as regular police, but they deal w/ wildlife and wildlife laws. Look in the phone book or try calling your Department of Natural Resources (DNR). If the snakes the boys killed are threatened or endangered it is against the law to kill them and they could be prosecuted... you could always tell the CO that you suspect the snakes killed were endangered (Do you know the types of snakes in your area? The types that are threatened in your area?). I bet that would get their attention.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page