Do you change your underwear EVERY... SINGLE... DAY? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you change your underwear EVERY SINGLE DAY?
YES! 682 78.75%
NO! 59 6.81%
USUALLY, but not always. 125 14.43%
Voters: 866. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I change them every time I shower, which is at least once a day, sometimes twice if I do something particurally dirty.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
I change mine when it smells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraoch View Post
but I don't have "discharge"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwensMa View Post
I know everyone's different, but...My underwear is not basically clean after 12-14 hrs, even if they're a new pair after a bedtime shower.
My underwear MUST be changed daily! Reading through this thread, I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with me. I can't even imagine my underwear being clean after any length of time. I have started wearing disposable pantyliners so that my underwear aren't uglified with yellow sweat/other stains after one time wearing them. And I thought that I had minimal discharge! When I do NFP, I have to check at the cervix to tell what's going on. So now I am really confused about what's normal and what's not with respect to discharge. (I just had a gynecological appointment, so I know that my discharge is clinically normal, i.e., no diseases!).

Quote:
I own like 6 pairs of jeans {at least}
Quote:
I have around 4-5 bras for daily use.
Ah. See, I have one pair of jeans and one bra. I refuse to pay $50-$60 for a bra, and in my size (32F? 30G? 30H? who knows), that's all I can get!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 AM

I normally change them twice a day. Once after my morning shower and one in the afternoon after work. I couldn't imagine putting used ones on.
Dh is pretty much the same. New pair about twice a day minimum.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessviola View Post
My underwear gets better with age. Like a fine wine.

That must be why I don't like wine. All the crust.

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

Old 05-21-2008, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Average once a day.

More if I've been sweaty or have my period or more discharge than other times of the month.

I've skipped a day if I've had pads on or if I can tell the undies are just fine.

I sleep in undies and if I'm rushed in the morning I get dressed quick and don't change out of yesterday's undies until later.

Aside from my sweat pants, I can't imagine wearing any of my pants without underwear. That would be very uncomfortable.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:38 PM

i take off my panties when i go to bed, sleep without, and put on FRESH panties first thing in the morning. Occasionally, i'll feel sweaty or gooey enough (especially during my period) that I'[ll want a fresh pair mid afternoon. So i put one on.

The whole concept of not having FRESHNESS down there... :Puke
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post

Anyways, I bet everyone is cringing at the smelly nasty bacteria ridden kids on the west coast now hahahahah

I've never had a yeast infection.
Yeast infections aren't caused by dirty underwear.

FUNK, on the other hand, is. Different sweat glands at armpits and groin. Different bacteria making their own special products. Hence that "particular" aroma.

Re: mod cons:

I lived through several Florida hurricanes, as in shingles off the roof, no power, no water, no phone for at least a week. And we sure as hell still bathed at least once a day, usually more since the air conditioning was obviously off, and did laundry in advance of the storm so we had clean clothes (and cloth diapers) for the aftermath.

There's also something in the Kama Sutra, I think, about bathing scrupulously before *and* after sex. A very nice custom!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 PM

yes, yes, yes! I love the feeling of clean, fresh undies.. I'll change more than once if we're somewhere, say, sandy.. or after I do laundry and they're all toasty

mischievous.gif
Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 PM

Only two aspects of daily hygiene are essential: clean unders and the brushing of teeth. All else is flexible.

Lemmee tell ya', my DH crushed his foot on Saturday (4 breaks in 3 bones) and just this morning I was able to get him upstairs for his first bath since the accident. Same clothes and unders and no bathing for FIVE days. Without subjecting you to the eye-watering details, I'll just say that I insisted that he wash certain key areas twice. I feel very sorry that he's in so much pain, but we won't be going that long next time. When this is all over, I may have to hire an industrial cleaning crew to deal with my rank and odiferously offensive couch.

computergeek2.gif

Old 05-29-2008, 06:27 PM

I do -- assuming I'm wearing underwear. I get itchy and smelly if I don't. I don't think it necessarily weird or gross though if people don't. Not all people have that much in the way of secretions.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 PM

I'm pregnant, so there is extra goo, and I live in Alabama, so I always sweat. I change my undies at least everyday, sometimes more.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:22 AM

i can't believe how many of you are wearing DIRTY UNDERS RIGHT. NOW.
ewwwwww!!!

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:31 AM

yes, usually twice a day.

User Tag List