Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2008, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spero View Post
very cute

I think it would look even better with a few highlights to frame your face.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Rana View Post
I do, but I don't like the way I look with it pulled completely back so that none is showing hanging below/behind my ears. So I usually just pull the front back, or do a braid to one side (or one on each side). The other day, I pulled all of it except a little "fringe" near the nape of my neck into a pony; course that fringe is over a foot long, so....
What about a chin length bob with some choppy, flippy layers cut into the ends? You could tuck the front behind your ears, get a few bold, chunky highlights up front, part it in the middle or on the side, have long, sideswept bangs...

Quote:
I dunno.
Ahhh! Ambiguity!!!!

Book-lovin', relaxed homeschoolin', dog snugglin' mom of the best kid EVER!  AND...waiting for baby #2, due 5/9/14!  stork-boy.gif

Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It looks great!!! So what will you have to do to style in the morns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingMama View Post
What about a chin length bob with some choppy, flippy layers cut into the ends? You could tuck the front behind your ears, get a few bold, chunky highlights up front, part it in the middle or on the side, have long, sideswept bangs...
Do you have a pic, I'm having a hard time picturing?
I should mention, that I henna, and have gone pretty much chem-free in my hair in the last 18 months (no 'poo, no products, etc.). Part of my hesitation about going to a stylist is their reaction to my "dirty" hair.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 PM

spero, that looks AMAZING!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
It looks great!!! So what will you have to do to style in the morns?
Oh, I have tons of options. For the look you see in the pic, I tamed down the stylist's blow dry a bit and flipped up the ends with a flat iron.

If I'm in a hurry, I'll probably just blow dry it, kind of pulling everything forward, and then push it into place with a bit of pomade or something.

I can air dry and just let my natural wave take over - I'd just scrunch in some wave styling stuff.

If I want it super polished, I'll flat iron it.

I don't wash my hair every day, so it'll be smoother each day that I don't. Washing and drying my hair makes the hair shaft really swell up.

I'm considering some highlights, but I'm conflicted on that b/c I've been letting the gray come in and trying to embrace it.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 05-29-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAK's Mom View Post
To make my hair look good short, it has to be cut often and styled with tools and product. Stylists always complain, "your hair is too HEALTHY!"
YAY somebody who understands. I have gotten the same comment, and for several years in my early twenties I colored my hair just to give it some damage so I could keep a style.
I've also had several stylists tell me that I have asian hair. It's very dark brown (but not black), and straight straight straight.
I have curled my hair, loved it, sprayed it all up, walked out to get into my car, and all the curls are gone.

What has helped me is when I have a short hair cut (currently my hair is multi layered, and is 2 inches short of my waist) is to ask for razor cuts. It does give your hair a touch of damage, making styling easier.

-Janna, independent mother of dd, Ms. Mattie Sky born on my 25th birthday, 06*23*2000. My Mama Feb.21,1938-Sept.10,2006
Old 05-29-2008, 04:03 AM

Rowr! Can I ask, is your hair naturally curly/wavy (assuming from your first pic)? If so do you have to straighten your hair currently?
(I'd love that style but I'm afraid my hair would be too wavy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post
I use to hate short hair, my hair was very long but I'm been wearing it short for 2 years now and I love it.

Long

Short
Old 05-29-2008, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
At this short length all I have to do is put some gel and brush and it will dry sort of straight. In that particular pic I did use a straight iron. My hair is naturally curly.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post
At this short length all I have to do is put some gel and brush and it will dry sort of straight. In that particular pic I did use a straight iron. My hair is naturally curly.
Gotcha, I know what you mean.
I'm tempted, very tempted to try it. Though, I'm nowhere near as cute and I'd probably end up looking like a doofus!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:34 AM

My hair has been all over the place.

Long:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...rose/6kati.jpg

Short:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...se/kati1me.jpg

Really Short:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...rose/drugs.jpg

Dyed:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...se/hithere.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/newbrown.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...005_edited.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../neworange.jpg

hehe, it's so FRIED!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
CUTE!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

I like the "short" pic, and the last "dyed" pic. Or, I mean, those styles appeal to me. Do you mind if I add them to my photo collage of styles that I like?

Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Do you have a pic, I'm having a hard time picturing? I should mention, that I henna, and have gone pretty much chem-free in my hair in the last 18 months (no 'poo, no products, etc.). Part of my hesitation about going to a stylist is their reaction to my "dirty" hair.
Well, your hair looks in great condition. Here's a link to something along the lines of what I was talking about. It's Katie Holmes' hair before she did the trendy bob with bangs.

Book-lovin', relaxed homeschoolin', dog snugglin' mom of the best kid EVER!  AND...waiting for baby #2, due 5/9/14!  stork-boy.gif

Old 05-29-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&A View Post
According to Psychology Today:

longer hair makes you look prettier, but shorter hair makes you look more intelligent.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

OMG, I have an appointment on Wed. at the salon. I'm so nervous [don't feel like searching for the nail-biting icon so: ] :

I have a collection of pics of different styles that appeal to me, including some longer ones, and I'm going with an open mind. But if we can't agree to anything, I'll just get a trim. :
Old 06-04-2008, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I did it. Eeep! It's cute. not as funky as I wanted, but cute. I'll play with it more and see what I can do. I don't have pics yet, but it's sorta like this: http://www.hairstylesadvisor.com/mediumhair/bob.jpg
Maybe a smidge shorter. I'll post pics when I can.

Thanks for everyone's input and advice!!!

User Tag List