Forum Jump: 

#61 of 80 Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
What's a Tribble?
Pretty much cuteness incarnate. See?

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#62 of 80 Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
how do you find time to vacuum twice a day?
This is why I have a Roomba . Of course it's so freaking cute we all stop what we're doing to watch it vacuum.
#63 of 80 Old 05-28-2008, 11:56 PM

My Dyson lost its suction. Seriously.
#64 of 80 Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claras_mom View Post
Heaven help me....thinking about tribbles makes me want to hunt down DVDs to the entire original Star Trek, ignore my husband and child, and just, you know, watch them all. Repeatedly. Especially the really good ones.

And then I'd dig into my stash and re-read all the really good Star Trek books--the ones that are 20 years old and predate Next Generation; before the whole thing became a giant marketing engine and the quality went down. How Much for Just the Planet, The Romulan Way, Ishmael....

Summer's coming.....
Don't forget The Animated Series "More Tribbles, More Troubles" and DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations".
(owns them all. and more books than I can count. And did you know the acrylic pop po9ms from craft store make great tribbles? I buy a bag now and then and hide them around the house, and the kids think Cyrano Jones has come to visit).
And yes, good gracious, weren't some of those early TNG books atrocious?
#65 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGirl View Post
My Dyson lost its suction. Seriously.
Ours did too. It worked well for the first 6 months or so, but now not so much.
#66 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
Don't forget The Animated Series "More Tribbles, More Troubles" and DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations".
(owns them all. and more books than I can count. And did you know the acrylic pop po9ms from craft store make great tribbles? I buy a bag now and then and hide them around the house, and the kids think Cyrano Jones has come to visit).
And yes, good gracious, weren't some of those early TNG books atrocious?
For me, it was the late original series books--somewhere along the line the writing and the editing just went totally south. And I was obsessed--I knew when the new book in the series was going to hit the bookstore and would buy it without even checking. And got burned....<sigh> multiple times....and then got out of the habit of the books.

Somewhere, I have a couple of anthologies---Star Trek: The New Voyages I and II, which have, among other things, a terrific novella called Mind Sifter.

I had a hard time warming up to TNG--just wanted to smack them all, at first, because they were all so nicey-nicey. Q was cool, though. At least there was a villain to root for. And Deanna's mom was a hoot.

Mom of two girls.
#67 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwahine View Post
I want the dyson ball...... to bad about their price tags.
We got ours cheap bc it had been returned bc the husband and wife had each bought one to surprise the other. It was missing a part that I never use so it was discounted bc of that and bc it was a return...SO NICE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkTrance View Post
If you finish it, you will have "stopped" eating it.

That's my method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
Speaking of fluff... Tribbles. Tribbles are born pregnant, which means that inside every Tribble in an infinite number of Tribbles (kinda like Russian dolls). And if there's an infinite number of Tribbles, then there are all the Tribbles in the world, because you can't have *more* than an infinite number. So if you kill one Tribble, you kill all the Tribbles. You commit, in fact, Tribble genocide. And yet, kill one Tribble, and there are Tribbles yet remaining! I call it the Tribble Paradox, and it scares me.

That is all.
roflmao....That is my all time fave episode. I loved them so much when I was a kid my mom made me one.....I think it's in her basement somewhere...

With all that said, I would trade our Dyson Animal in for the one with the ball.

I'd trade it all in for hardwood floors though.
#68 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~MamaJava~*~ View Post
MammaB21, you have the housewife's holy grail!
: I know, I am soooo lucky my DH agreed to spend that much on a .....VACUUM!!.....Him and DD have allergies, and thank god he was here when they demonstarted the vac, because threw the domonstration he kept mouthing to me..."but it's 2 thousand dollars!!!" At the end, when she offered us a deal, he grabed his credit card and signed off. Wow, I love my DH

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#69 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

New show ~ MDC Mommas and the Holy Grail

I will have a rockin' vacuum one day!! By the time I can actually buy one, though, who knows what cool contraption will be out there?!

You know, a Roomba would be a great gift for my step-mom...

I had never heard of a Tribble till this thread. Why would one kill a Tribble, anyway? They look too small and hairy to have much meat on them, and they're so cute I can't see them being violent...any Tribble-killers out there with a rationale?

Anyone ever heard of the Buttered Cat Paradox? It is said that a cat, if dropped, will always land on its feet. It is also said that buttered toast, if dropped, will always land butter-side-down. So, if you tie a piece of buttered toast butter-side-up to a cat's back and drop them, will they levitate??

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#70 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
I had never heard of a Tribble till this thread. Why would one kill a Tribble, anyway? They look too small and hairy to have much meat on them, and they're so cute I can't see them being violent...any Tribble-killers out there with a rationale?
You would kill a Tribble if you were a Klingon (a member of a voilent, tribble-hating warrior culture), that's why. Or if you needed a readily-reproducing supply of food for the creatures in your medical bay.

#71 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
You would kill a Tribble if you were a Klingon (a member of a voilent, tribble-hating warrior culture), that's why. Or if you needed a readily-reproducing supply of food for the creatures in your medical bay.
Dang. Well, I'm human, so nix the Klingon thing...I don't like their foreheads or their language anyway. And unless fish and frogs can eat a Tribble, the food source thing is out, too...and they're in aquariums, not a medical bay... Why would a Klingon hate a Tribble? What did Tribbles ever do to them?

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#72 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 03:46 AM

You need to watch yourself some Star Trek, girl!

Klingons hate Tribbles because... well... no-one knows. Maybe their cute furry harmlessness is seen as an affront to Klingon warrior culture. Plus, Tribbles don't like Klingons, and let out a kind of squealing sound when Klingons approach. Which would be aggravating. And cute as they are, Tribbles *are* kind of a pest because they reproduce so fast. Kinda like... space dandelions. Or guppies. Space guppies. Guppies of the spheres. Celestial guppies. Whatever.

#73 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 03:51 AM

Now I'm stuck on Tribbles. And I hate Star Trek. Stargate for me all the way But the Tribbles were the best.

I love my Kirby. And I'll love it in 20 years when all the Dysons from today are in the landfill

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#74 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa72 View Post
Ugh I hated my dyson, it died on me really quickly and blew things out, rather than sucking them in. I now have a Henry, who I love.
can henry come across the ocean and play here? Henry can rest his tired 'snout' next to my bed anytime

**i need to get a life**
#75 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 07:26 AM

I bet a dyson would suck up a tribble with no problem. I sucked up dd's toothbrush the other day. Made a terrible racket, combined with the anguished screams of a little girl who is really attached to her toothbrush.

I have had other vacuums that started out a lot better than the dyson, but they all died quickly. The dyson is the same as the first day we used it, and doesn't die, largely because it is a bajillion times easier to take off the beater bar and get hair out of it. My long hair has killed many a vacuum. With the dyson, the 2 hour job of trying to cut the hair off the beater is less than 5 minutes because it is so easy to get to, remove from the machine, remove the hair, and have it all back together.

It also doesn't have that "airplane landing in the living room" sound most other vacuums have had, and my kids don't go insane when I turn the thing on. Big, big plus for us.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

#76 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomformore View Post
I think we may have the same dog. The constant hair makes me go all
Fortunately, it isn't this bad all the time. He sheds all the time, don't get me wrong, but the exploding sheep look is only during coat blowing season.

I need a Dyson , ball or not.
#77 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthea™ View Post
I love my Kirby. And I'll love it in 20 years when all the Dysons from today are in the landfill
Oooooohhh I can't even tell you how much I want a Kirby! Or even better, a Rainbow.
#78 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillkuster View Post
If you ever come to visit, I'll send you home with a Dyson- since your my bff and all. Bribe......
I have a Dyson ball.: I vac twice a day as well. It's fun.
Omg. I just saw this. Hold on, let me check Amtrack prices. It could well be cheaper to come and see you than to wish about buying a vacuum
#79 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 08:11 AM

Heh. Never mind. It's 600 bucks to come there and back. Jeeze. Flying has to be cheaper

Amtrak is silly.
#80 of 80 Old 05-29-2008, 01:45 PM

I want a Dyson. I swear it would make me clean more, with it's awesomeness .

Lu - A ten year plan is forming, here's hoping everything lines up

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page