Your Views On Make-Up - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
It is totally distracting to me. I get sucked in by even the slightest bit of mascara or foundation. I have *never* seen a woman made up well enough to not be able to discern that lovely line () where the foundation ends and her skin tone begins. Just not the least bit appealing to me.
:

My sister and mom both wear a lot of make up and it usually just doesn't look right, Plus, it actually makes them look older because it makes the wrinkles stand out more and it's really taking it's toll on their skin.
#122 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I started wearing more make up in the last year, since I noticed wrinkles and spots. I look more awake with a little make up, and I think people take me more seriously. I don't dwell on it.

There are a billion reasons to be defensive about your reasons for wearing or not wearing make up.

Also, women have been painting their faces for fun and ritual since the beginning of women.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#123 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 02:08 PM

If I didn't have pimples, acne scars and dark under-eye circles I wouldn't wear it. Unfortunately I do. It takes me at least 15 minutes to get my skin to look like everyone else's :

Mom to a bright & energetic 6 y.o. boy  blahblah.gif   With my sweetie for 10 years now  blowkiss.gif  Registered nurse  caffix.gif

#124 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 02:21 PM

I'm allergic to makeup on my face (can only wear mascara and stuff on my eyes) but even before that, I didn't wear much. I don't like how it feels. Plus, I'd hate to kiss someone's cheek and get a makeup taste.

I wear mascara almost daily. Sometimes I add eyeliner (pencil) and rarely I wear eyeshadow. I also wear moisturizer but is that considered makeup?

I don't care if others wear makeup.
#125 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Sometimes wear it, sometimes don't. Sometimes wear only a little.

Who cares? People should do / be however they're comfortable!
#126 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 02:30 PM

In a nutshell: Why bother?

(I have not read all the responses . . . that's just my big fat opinion. )
#127 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 02:48 PM

I wear mascara and lip balm to work. Sometimes I skip the lip balm and sometimes if I'm feeling like I need a little color, I put on a light layer of barely noticeable eye shadow. Outside of work I don't tend to wear makeup much unless we're visiting someone and even then, only if I feel washed out.

I was big into glittery makeup when I was a teenager (and secretly wish it would come back in style!) but I don't care as much about it now. It is nice when I wear it, just as nice when I don't. And I could care less about other people wearing it.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#128 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=Romana9+2;11373585]In a nutshell: Why bother?QUOTE]

In a nutshell, if it's no bother, why not?
#129 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Sometimes, if I have time, I put it on for fun.

Most of the time I don't even bother with it.

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

#130 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM

I LOVE my black eyeliner and cant go anywhere w/o it! Its been that way since highschool, the only time I didnt wear makeup was in basic training.

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
#131 of 131 Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM

It can be fun! Sometimes I wear it out, just a little, just to let myself feel not frumpy and tired looking.

Then, like Saturday night, I went to a friend's b-day party. She wanted to party like she was 18.5 instead of turning 37 so had a wear your best goth clubbing clothes I had found VINYL MATERNITY PANTS!!! for 2.50 at the thrift store and I was all about it. I had a blast putting on my goth make up, like back in the day, and getting all dressed up. (I even managed to embarrass my 8 year old by going out of the house dressed like that )

Putting on make up is fun for me, and I like it on occasion. I may only wear it once a month or so, but enjoy it when I do. I even got my ds's to play with it when I was getting ready to go out Saturday, they had a blast with it, after I convinced them that make up is fun for everyone and NOT just for girls.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page