Wwyd? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-24-2008, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I am very non confrontaqtional. It's really a problem in my life.

SO, Today I had some gel nails applied. I've had other kinds of gels and acrilics for many years in the past.
I'm very picky about how my nails look. Partially b/c I have nice nails to begin with, so when someone does a crappy job and makes them look bad, I get upset. (One of the reasons I stopped having them done many years ago)

I've seen very good people and very bad people do nails.
Today against my better judgement and my eagerness to have them done, I had someone do them close to home, rather than at the GOOD spa across town.
Well, she did a very very bad job.
There is gel all on my skin, which is causing the gel to lift off my nail. Gel undermy nail too. I've already taken off one nail b/c it was so bad. It just peeled right off-was very soft.
I shouldn't have to do surgery on my nails when coming straight from the salon, ya know?
She even cut me with the razor sharp edge of the file.

I had her do a french gel manicure and the white gel is uneven-both in the colour and not having clean edge, and she filed my nails unevenly. (I didn't want her to fine AT ALL b/c I'm growing them out and told her that.)

Just all around craptacular job. Only 1 nail looks good and it will probably start to lift too.

I guess I have a few options.
Have her take them off and redo.
Have her take them off and give me back my money.
Take them off myself and just eat the cost and learn my lesson.
And go to the better place.

I just called to tell them, but she has left the salon for the day.
Being non confrontational, I would rather just eat the cost, but it was 50.00--and I just had them done 2 hours ago!

Not life and death-but I'm still upset. WWYD?
It's Bio sculpture gels FWIW. Anyone have those?
#2 of 11 Old 06-24-2008, 06:45 PM

I would go ack, show the manager, ask them to remove & get your $ back. Don't ask her to redo, will probably be just as bad.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#3 of 11 Old 06-24-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Natural_Mom View Post
I would go ack, show the manager, ask them to remove & get your $ back. Don't ask her to redo, will probably be just as bad.
:

It would take less than what you describe for me to demand a refund! You definately deserve your money back. Go talk to the manager ASAP.

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
#4 of 11 Old 06-24-2008, 07:38 PM

For $50, I'd ask for a refund, or ask someone else to redo them.
#5 of 11 Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
This, except that I don't think I'd have them take the nails off. They may be annoyed and not be as careful or nice while doing it as I'd like. I would take my refund and go to the good spa and ask them to fix the hack job (i.e. remove, treat, and give me the good stuff).
#6 of 11 Old 06-24-2008, 07:53 PM

For years I had my nails done (acrylics) until I moved to CO. I went to the same guy for years. But if he messed up I went back and he did it for free! Same as with a haircut. If they mess up your hair they fix it for free. However, in your situation she might do just as bad. So I would demand a refund and go to the nicer place and have them fix it.

Wife to Chiro DH, TTC #1 since May 07 Hoping for a after many losses
#7 of 11 Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 PM

I would go back as well. My nail lady was always happy to fix anything that I was unhappy with, even fixing a break within a few days for free. She was way less than $50 too! Depending on her attitude (or that of the manager) I would let them fix it if they offered, but if they are snotty just get the refund and go somewhere else and have them take them off and redo.
#8 of 11 Old 06-25-2008, 01:35 AM

So, what did you end up doing?
Hopefully they gave you a refund! Sorry that happened, though. Sucks!
#9 of 11 Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
I would go back, show the manager, ask them to remove & get your $ back. Don't ask her to redo, will probably be just as bad.
This! And I'd just go with your natural nails from now on. Sounds expensive and troublesome - and I've never seen any that I thought looked good. They are so... thick.

Spend that money on dying your hair - like I do!
#10 of 11 Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM

I totally sympathize. I also get my nails done and sometimes I get a tech that is just lousy. I complain and demand a re-do or a refund. I quit going to one place because the work was so bad. The place I go to now is much better.

What I'm trying to tell you is it is OK to complain and want a good service for the money you paid. Nobody will think you are mean. If it is a good salon, they want you to be happy so that you will return and spend more money. They should make it right.
#11 of 11 Old 06-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Definitely get a refund of the 50 bucks... if they wont refund in cash, take it in products (nail polish or other goodies they carry at the spa). Then go to the good place for a redo.

Homeschooling, organic gardening, jewelry-making, bread-baking pagan mama to Bubba:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page