I need a do over, vacation, something. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2008, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today has not been a good day. First I found out DH had spent ALL of our money leaving nothing for my doctor's appointment today (which I had reminded him about). So I get the idea, hey, I'll go sell some plasma, get the money, easy peasy. Not so. I walk in and am promptly informed that I cannot sell my plasma because I have my baby with me. She's 9m old! It's not like I can drop her off at the library or something. With that plan failed, I come home, cancel my appointment, and my darling DD feels its now time to hit me and yank my hair. I try to hold her hands when she does it but nooooo....she cries when I hold her little hands, only happy when she's hurting me.

I want a break, a vacation, something. I'm ashamed to say I actually smacked her hands and pushed her away to try to get the point across to her that it was not ok to hit mommy. Not brilliant, I know but I feel at the end of my rope. Laundry's piling up, the room is a mess. I'd clean in the morning but DH sleeps in 'cause he's up all night. I'm caught in a never ending cycle of trying to keep up and wrangle a baby by myself while he's at work.

He swears he'll give me a break when he gets home in a couple of hours but we'll see. He'll probably forget just like he forgot about my appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 PM

Hope Dh can give you a mini break. I need one myself, but DH came home from work yesterday an promptly fell asleep, after eating my kraft dinner.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 PM

give your husband a kick in the tushie for spending the money you needed for your docs appointment and then go take a nice long nap!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:06 PM

Aww mama. I hope you get your mini-break. :

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM

Ditto to above! Do not LET him forget about that promised break - when he walks in the door, hand him your baby and walk out the door ( if you need a nap, walk to the bedroom, but it sounds like you need some space & air).

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09

User Tag List