Silly engagement ring question... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 06-29-2008, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#32 of 36 Old 06-29-2008, 02:13 AM

I wore my engagement ring on my left. I wear my engagement ring on top of my wedding ring...I've always been told the wedding ring should be the "closest to your heart!"

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#33 of 36 Old 06-29-2008, 02:13 AM

I read a book before I was married on tradition's and it said left hand and the wedding band goes closest to the heart. I have 2 wedding bands though...one on each side of my e-ring. They have an indentation to fit flush with the e-ring.I haven't soldered (sp?) them together yet but will soon. All 3 are on my left hand.

Wife to Chiro DH, TTC #1 since May 07 Hoping for a after many losses
#34 of 36 Old 06-29-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine1001 View Post
I wore my engagement ring on my left. I wear my engagement ring on top of my wedding ring...I've always been told the wedding ring should be the "closest to your heart!"
yup.
i don't wear rings now but that's what i did before i stopped wearing them.

(i stopped wearing them because they felt funny when i was pg and never got back into the habit not because i stopped being married.)
#35 of 36 Old 06-29-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy444 View Post
The only person I knew who wore these rings on their right hand was from Greece so maybe it is a Euro "thing."
For the Greek folks, it's an Orthodox Christian thing. I'm Orthodox - wedding rings are actually placed on the right hand during the Orthodox marriage ceremony. In the US, because most folks have their rings on their left hand, some Orthodox folks will move their rings to their left hand after the ceremony, but lots still keep them on their right hand.

Right hand for Russians too, due to the Orthodox influence.

lady.gif
#36 of 36 Old 06-29-2008, 09:30 AM

I only have one ring (guess I'm a minimalist LOL) and it's always been on my left. I took it off on our wedding day to give to the best man so dh would have something to put on my finger.

I tried a wedding band (got it for $20 on eBay) but I just felt odd wearing 2 rings. I am not a jewelry person. My ring and a pair of earrings from my parents are all I ever wear, and I never take any of them off/out.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page